Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    you don't know the other posts were reported and you broke the rules.

as they should be. We don't need 300 threads each talking about Biden.

Feel free to find a forum whose rules you like.
    So Trump gets his own thread discussion. But if you try to open a Biden only thread, it gets sent here. So recap, mods close any thread about Biden and make it go here, but Trump gets his own specific thread. Why can't Biden have his own thread? Or why can't Trump posts be sent here? You guys pearl clutch over the slightest Trump anything, why can't we have a BIden post where all his daily gaffes end up?

On the topic of reporting, there are lots of people here who only complain FOR democrats, and they report everything a non democrat posts--they can not handle anyone thinking for themselves or disagreeing. The people who complain about democrats do not report people for the most part, because censorship. We get that democrat leaning people can not handle any kind of resistance. I am sure I will get reported for this post. Too much for democrat echo chamber to handle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    So Trump gets his own thread discussion. But if you try to open a Biden only thread, it gets sent here.
    Maaaaaaannnn it could almost be like one is an incumbent head of state while the other is only newsworthy because of the uh...

Whatcha call it...

2020 Election.

If only we had a thread discussing that, though. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'm curious, are you that devoid of pride and a life that you make ban evading alts to shoot the breeze here?
    Is that any different from people like you who post on average three times a day here for 7 years, or people who post on here an average of 17 times a day for 7 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump gets his own thread discussion.
    Trump is President............

But if you try to open a Biden only thread, it gets sent here. So recap, mods close any thread about Biden and make it go here, but Trump gets his own specific thread. Why can't Biden have his own thread? Or why can't Trump posts be sent here? You guys pearl clutch over the slightest Trump anything, why can't we have a BIden post where all his daily gaffes end up?
    Try opening a thread on Trump’s Presidential activity. Guess why it will be closed?

On the topic of reporting, there are lots of people here who only complain FOR democrats, and they report everything a non democrat posts--they can not handle anyone thinking for themselves or disagreeing. The people who complain about democrats do not report people for the most part, because censorship. We get that democrat leaning people can not handle any kind of resistance. I am sure I will get reported for this post. Too much for democrat echo chamber to handle.
    Ne... I don’t see how posting your bias, while complaining about mods... instead of posting something on topic... is something anyone rational would take seriously. Like watch this...

What do you think of Trump demanding that section 230 be revoked, so each post requires a moderators approval, before it even appears?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Maaaaaaannnn it could almost be like one is an incumbent head of state while the other is only newsworthy because of the uh...

Whatcha call it...

2020 Election.

If only we had a thread discussing that, though. Oh well.
    Can You point me towards the Obama discussion thread you had for his presidency? I mean surely you had one for the head of state before Trump and not just a thread to shitpost under because Trump lives rent free in your head. It must be there, surely there was some circle jerk where you tried to out do each other over how much you loved Obama and everything he did?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that any different from people like you who post on average three times a day here for 7 years, or people who post on here an average of 17 times a day for 7 years?
    Yeah, we like this place and are playing by the rules... so we don’t have to create alts. You won’t find me complaining about mods and I got infracted today. Totally justified... if I didn’t get infracted, the sentiment wouldn’t be delivered with the spite I intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Can You point me towards the Obama discussion thread you had for his presidency? I mean surely you had one for the head of state before Trump and not just a thread to shitpost under because Trump lives rent free in your head. It must be there, surely there was some circle jerk where you tried to out do each other over how much you loved Obama and everything he did?
    Trick question... we didn’t have a politics forum at the time and a Obama wasn’t as much a shit show. We had stuff like this instead:

Obama Impeachment
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ma-Impeachment
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Findist View Post
    The truth is you are simply hiding behind biased moderation. You are educationally sub-normal, borderline retarded, and you wouldn't last five seconds if you had to substantiate why exactly you support a segregationist rationally. Which is the only reason you post here.
    My ratio for infractions is less than 1 per 1000 posts... regardless of who the mod is. I usually get infracted, either because I intend to be for emphasis or because I was a dick. I can only remember once that I really felt it was unfair and I think it was reversed.

It’s hard to get infracted, when I have no issues saying I like this place and like the people that post here. Even you add something special that spices things up.

If you were actually interested in helping Biden win the election you'd post somewhere where you might be able to convert some Trump voters or undecideds, you won't do that because you don't know how.
    I don’t have delusions of grandeur. I can’t help Biden win, even if I wanted to.

The problem people like you face, is that I don’t like Biden. But, am voting Biden, because of Trump. If this was about Biden being bad, you’d be agreeing with me, regardless how I vote. But, that’s not the issue... the fact that I don’t like Biden is irrelevant... the issue is that I’m voting to stop Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Findist View Post
    -snip-
    Yep:

"Biden described himself as liberal on civil rights and liberties, senior citizens'
    concerns and healthcare, but conservative on other issues, including abortion
    and the draft"

Please, tell me more.

Oh, as for infractions, you may want to check out the forum rules. Welcome to the site!!!

You are making Biden out to sound almost as bad as this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by thandiswal View Post
    maybe these fucking monkeys shouldn't fuck with people? maybe these monkeys should do as the cops say? maybe these monkeys should just stop being criminal monkeys? maybe these monkeys shouldn't resist arrest?

what the fuck did they expect would happen? criminal monkeys get treated like criminal monkeys, how is this a surprise to ANYONE?

10+ Year Old Account
    @TexasRules you probably don’t remember this and don’t recognize it as it happens, but combining all of the Trump threats into one, wasn’t something that people posting against Trump wanted. That was something that a lot of people saw as a problem, because it hides the volume of Trump’s shit and Obama wasn’t afforded the same courtesy. You now complaining that Trump has one, is an example of damned if you will, damned if you don’t. There would be complaining either way...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    @TexasRules you probably don’t remember this and don’t recognize it as it happens, but combining all of the Trump threats into one, wasn’t something that people posting against Trump wanted. That was something that a lot of people saw as a problem, because it hides the volume of Trump’s shit and Obama wasn’t afforded the same courtesy. You now complaining that Trump has one, is an example of damned if you will, damned if you don’t. There would be complaining either way...
    What do you expect from people that think making Twitter liable for Trump's statements will discourage them from banning him rather than just flagging his posts?

Stimulus, response. Stimulus, response. No thought involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    And just a silly question for anyone willing to answer... If a giant turd won the primary, would you have the need to explain to me, why turds make bad presidents, if you knew I was voting to stop Trump? Would you be so arrogant, to need to explain why turds are ill fit to be president in that context?

5+ Year Old Account
    Since there is some confusion:
    1. Threads are usually closed in Politics because they're either redundant or inappropriate. If the intended topic or overall discussion are nearly identical, one thread will be closed and conversation will be redirected.
    2. Mega-Threads exist to contain topics usually due to demand and importance. Trump, for instance, is a polarizing figure that many users wish to discuss. Instead of having many smaller threads about him, there is just the one.
    3. If there is a concern or complaint about thread closure and moderation, use the site features available to direct those concerns to admins to evaluate the situation. Many of you are well aware of this, so entering threads to voice complaints does not get them addressed and is disruptive to other users.

Lastly, we're aware of the surge of burner accounts that are harassing users and spamming threads. Sometimes it takes more time to locate every account and we're not always available to get them immediately. While you're not required to do this, we'd advise you not to entertain them in any manner. It encourages them to escalate their behavior and target specific users that respond to their antics. It also assists them in derailing discussion and spamming threads until they're cleaned out. Reporting and ignoring their posts is preferred.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    ...now, prove to me that Biden will be worse.
    If we are talking matters of race, Biden is an utter charlatan as pointed out here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lematic-Record

Go look: his lies, his false claims about civil rights, the mass incarceration, his support of segregation, his support of Strom Thurmond, his lies about Mandela, the 1994 Crime Bill, etc. Biden has been working on his deeply troubling resume for literally decades.

[Edit: leaving out anything about Unicorp (aka Federal Prison Industries), but my nose is twitching over it, must research...but the upshot is that Unicorp is effectively institutionalized slavery. I bet Biden is all over that shit because that's the kind of prick he is.]

Trump is a complete scoundrel, but he's only been in office a few years. I'd suggest that most of the problems surrounding Trump are actually criminal matters and could actually be dealt with as such. Everything else could more readily be laid at the feet of Mitch McConnell, Chuck Schumer or perhaps even Nancy Pelosi, all of whom work in lockstep to grift the American people and loot tax monies to be distributed among their corporate friends. And it wasn't much different under Obama, who has described his own policies as those of a moderate Republican. Don't forget that under Obama only some one flunky (aka a scapegoat) was prosecuted for the Financial Crisis of 2007-2008 whereas hundreds if not thousands were guilty of what amounted to endless fraud and could easily have been prosecuted.

To my mind, you are actually complaining about incrementalism. Well brother, lock arms with me. I am fucking fed up with it too.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2020-05-31 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never mind. Saw the mod post. Not worth it.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2020-05-31 at 03:47 AM.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    combining all of the Trump threats into one, wasn’t something that people posting against Trump wanted. That was something that a lot of people saw as a problem, because it hides the volume of Trump’s shit and Obama wasn’t afforded the same courtesy.
    In fairness Obama wasn't afforded that courtesy because he didn't need it, he may have been an ass but he didn't do anywhere near the same amount of news/thread worthy stuff that Trump did. Hell before the Trump megathread was created there was one day where every single thread in the politics subforum was about Trump and they were all separate topics lol.

Triggered much? Thats my 3 posts for today^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Nope, seems the alternative strategy to making shitsquillion threads about Biden is to just try and turn every existing thread into a discussion about Biden.
    I can't tell with these people if it's an eagerness to say "I was right; you should've listened to me" when Biden loses, or a fear of being wrong when he wins.

I mean, shit, I started the "hey maybe Biden might be a shitty candidate" thread before he even started running, but you don't see me going on and on about him now that the primary is (essentially) over. Because Trump adding McConnell's preferred judges to the courts in this country is a much bigger roadblock to what I actually want than anything Biden would do.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Looks like our election chances in november are slipping away due to this disorder

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...041BB2EFC3034C

Violent protests likely caused a 1.5–7.9% shift among whites toward Republicans and tipped the election.

Minnesota was within 1.5% margin

could very well go red now so thats +10 electorates to trump

so great news if your maga recently i guess

might also scare off white moderates in arizona/nevada we need to win,
    i dunno what joe can do to help himself since trump will push the "radical left anarchist/antifa/BLM causing anarachy" message, very similar to richard nixons "law and order" campaign in 1968.

lets just hope we still have elections by 2024

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Looks like our election chances in november are slipping away due to this disorder

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...041BB2EFC3034C

Violent protests likely caused a 1.5–7.9% shift among whites toward Republicans and tipped the election.

Minnesota was within 1.5% margin

could very well go red now so thats +10 electorates to trump

so great news if your maga recently i guess

might also scare off white moderates in arizona/nevada we need to win,
    i dunno what joe can do to help himself since trump will push the "radical left anarchist/antifa/BLM causing anarachy" message, very similar to richard nixons "law and order" campaign in 1968.

lets just hope we still have elections by 2024
    What a bunch of nonsense. Different time, different president, different electorate, different electoral map. The only thing that's the same is the racial injustice being protested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I can't tell with these people if it's an eagerness to say "I was right; you should've listened to me" when Biden loses, or a fear of being wrong when he wins.
    Did it occur to you that people just think Biden is a cunt, because...well... he's a cunt? Did that never enter your mind? People don't want another racist with senile dementia with access to a nuclear arsenal? Any bells there, Jeb? Christ Americans are so fucking retarded sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    In fairness Obama wasn't afforded that courtesy because he didn't need it, he may have been an ass but he didn't do anywhere near the same amount of news/thread worthy stuff that Trump did.
    That's the thing. With Obama no one even mentioned stuff like massively increasing social inequality. The Democrats had "won" so it didn't matter. Seven wars going on, doesn't matter.

Trump is way more obnoxious but that's a good thing, it makes it much harder to ignore what the establishment isdoing. That is why people are actually protesting right now over the BLM issue rather than doing meaningless gesture politics.