10+ Year Old Account
    There's a clique of posters that consistently want people to suppress or undervalue their vote.

The best way to stop ratfucking is massive turnout.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Why don't you move your butts to the voting booth?
    Why has the GoP been consistently closing polling locations in Democrat-leaning areas?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    There's a clique of posters that consistently want people to suppress or undervalue their vote.

The best way to stop ratfucking is massive turnout.
    It concerns me that I don't see Pennsylvania anywhere on that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why has the GoP been consistently closing polling locations in Democrat-leaning areas?
    Also, there's a certain virus going around that a cheeto has let ravage the country.

It amazes me that the Democrats keep insisting on a mail vote while this is not allowed in any western democracy. Why don't you move your butts to the voting booth?

It is also amusing that you think you can still win after the BLM fiasco.
    Yeah most western democracies vote by mail or have it in some capacity already. In Switzerland, all eligible voters are sent ballots and it's by far the most popular options with like 90% of voters voting by mail. And while they're particularly high literally every other western nation allows it in some form and most EU nations are much better about it than the states are which also allowed it before this. "Five states vote primarily by mail: Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington." Most countries are fighting and working hard to expand voting options including but not limited to mail in voting. It is only Republicans, and other conservative groups, that oppose making it easier for people to exercise their right to vote. And the few causes of election fraud that have been prosecuted have actually been carried out by Republicans.

How are you so so so unable to grasp simple concept or do the minimum research? Also why do you keep closing the voting booths in minority areas? They'd have loved to move their butts to a voting both but you keep moving it away from them.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-08-24 at 08:25 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

It amazes me that the Democrats keep insisting on a mail vote while this is not allowed in any western democracy.
    Lie. A bold faced one at that.

Why don't you move your butts to the voting booth?
    Stupid question based on a stupid motivation fueled by the previous bold faced lie.

It is also amusing that you think you can still win after the BLM fiasco.
    Stupid stance based on a stupid interpretation of events and their cause and effect.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It concerns me that I don't see Pennsylvania anywhere on that list.
    Well...

Pennsylvania is getting a different kind of ‘early voting’ in time for the 2020 election
    Early voting is coming to Pennsylvania in time for the presidential election. Sort of.

Under a new law, people will have the option of requesting and submitting an absentee ballot during one in-person visit to county elections offices, starting more than a month and a half before an election day. It’s not technically what most people understand as “early voting” — people won’t be using the usual voting machines — but it’s a method for people to cast ballots in person in advance of the actual election without worrying about deadlines and mail problems.

And while it won’t be equally available across the state, it could play a role in the 2020 election: Pennsylvania has historically been one of the more restrictive states for absentee voting, and the expanded access to mail-in ballots could lead to significant changes in how votes are cast across the critical battleground state.

It’s part of the biggest election policy changes in decades. Under the law, enacted late last year in a compromise between Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, and Republican legislators, voters are no longer required to provide a justification for requesting a mail-in ballot. That starts with the April 28 presidential primary.

The new law requires every county to accept absentee ballots in their local elections office. But the Pennsylvania Department of State is now encouraging counties to go beyond that minimum: Counties can open additional offices and use them outside of traditional business hours, including on weekends, expanding in-person voting far beyond the traditional 13 hours on a Tuesday.

How much it expands will depend on both the will of county officials and the money available to them. County elections officials are already under pressure to implement major changes to the state electoral system in a high-turnout presidential election year.

The result could be a patchwork system across the state where some counties, particularly the wealthier and more populated ones, are able to open more early voting sites and potentially increase turnout. Smaller counties, particularly rural and poorer ones, may be less able to do so.

While elections officials mostly demurred from speaking about any specific plans — the state only put out its first guidance on the issue on Friday — they generally agreed that opening elections offices for “early voting” would make more sense for some counties than others.

How Pennsylvania’s new ‘early voting’ works
    While absentee ballots are supposed to be sent through the mail, there’s a way to use them to vote in person:
    • Voters can apply for an absentee or mail-in ballot in person at a county elections office beginning 50 days before an election.
    • Those voters may request to have their application processed immediately and receive a ballot on the spot.
    • Elections officials must provide an opportunity for those voters to secretly fill out their ballot.
    • Voters can then hand over their filled-out ballot.

Most counties have long allowed absentee voters to do this kind of “early voting,” but Pennsylvania’s absentee ballot system was so restrictive that very few voters qualified for absentee ballots. Now that everyone is eligible for mail-in ballots, any voter can use “early voting.”

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Also, there's a certain virus going around that a cheeto has let ravage the country.
    Fuck the virus, I'm willing to suffer the consequences of it to vote in person, if that's my only option.

Luckily, I live in a sane state, so I'll just mail my ballot in, in NY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's your daily dose of Cheerleadin' for Biden

Political Polls
    @PpollingNumbers

#NEW National Post #DemConvention Poll:

Biden 50% (+11)
    Trump 39%

@YouGovAmerica/@YahooNews
    (8/21-23)

/e sips tea

Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Dems have to tighten up. If Trump wins I'm going to lose my mind.

Biden isn't doing as well he should and Trump is about gain his post convention bump. Comparatively he is doing better in 2020 than he was in 2016.

Biden needs to win and and needs to be decisively buts not going to happen trying to rely on 'New Trumpers' and once again thinking voters will just wake up in November side with the Dems. Trump is THE candidate that defies the norm and the type THE type of candidate who can still walk away with the win after all the shit has has done.

Its not good. Circulating clips of Republicans being Republicans is not enough. Everyone knows standard GOP operating procedures. It's expected, it's played out, its not enough to get these voted out. Chucklingaare every asinine thing a Republican says without countering it with a better take is meaningless to the red voter who already thinks Dems are just smug elitists or the apathetic voter how doesn't believe their voter is worth it. Using the buzzwords all freshmen students talking poli-sci class know ain't it. Its just not enough and going win Trump another 4 years.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Biden isn't doing as well he should and Trump is about gain his post convention bump. Comparatively he is doing better in 2020 than he was in 2016.

Biden needs to win and and needs to be decisively buts not going to happen trying to rely on 'New Trumpers' and once again thinking voters will just wake up in November side with the Dems. Trump is THE candidate that defies the norm and the type THE type of candidate who can still walk away with the win after all the shit has has done.

Its not good. Circulating clips of Republicans being Republicans is not enough. Everyone knows standard GOP operating procedures. It's expected, it's played out, its not enough to get these voted out. Chucklingaare every asinine thing a Republican says without countering it with a better take is meaningless to the red voter who already thinks Dems are just smug elitists or the apathetic voter how doesn't believe their voter is worth it. Using the buzzwords all freshmen students talking poli-sci class know ain't it. Its just not enough and going win Trump another 4 years.
    We point out Trump's lies.
    We point out Trump's treason.
    We point out Trump's hypocrisy.
    We point out Trump's felonies.
    We point out Trump's ties to russia.
    We point out Trump's ties to the mob.
    We point out Trump's ties to drug lords.
    We point out Trump's complete and purposeful disruption of our democratic process.
    We point out Trump's illicit affairs.
    We point out Trump's lack of any legislative wins.
    We point out Trump's failure as a leader.
    We point out Trump's ex-employees utter disdain for him.
    We point out Trump's family members telling us all what a horror he is.
    We point out Trump's failure to contain the pandemic.
    We point out Trump's failure in any international diplomacy.
    We point out Trump's destruction of the United States' reputation.

We point it all out, over and over again, and they ignore time and again.

What would you have us do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Fuck the virus, I'm willing to suffer the consequences of it to vote in person, if that's my only option.

The key will be 6-7 battleground states, and how each of those states:
    1. handles mail-in ballots.
    2. certifies their vote count
    3. handles court challenges and/or recounts.

Trump isn't done stealing the election. The USPS attack is only Phase One. We all knew/know there is an "October Surprise" coming, and it's not even Sept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Here's your daily dose of Cheerleadin' for Biden

Political Polls
    @PpollingNumbers

#NEW National Post #DemConvention Poll:

Biden 50% (+11)
    Trump 39%

@YouGovAmerica/@YahooNews
    (8/21-23)

/e sips tea

What!?

But our local InDePeNdEnT vOtErS said that support for Biden had sunk after the DNC. Are you saying they were pulling the numbers out of their ass and lying to us!? How could it be!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The key will be 6-7 battleground states, and how each of those states:
    1. handles mail-in ballots.
    2. certifies their vote count
    3. handles court challenges and/or recounts.

Trump isn't done stealing the election. The USPS attack is only Phase One. We all knew/know there is an "October Surprise" coming, and it's not even Sept.
    Well, like 2016, I'll be a legal observer for the ACLU in the nearest battleground, which for me in Buffalo is either gonna be Pennsylvania or Ohio. In 2016, some of the calls I fielded in Pittsburgh were fucking......rage-inducing. And they all flew under the radar. In PA in 2016, the bigger story was the (lack of) Philly turnout and the suburbs switching from Obama blue to Trump red.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We point out Trump's lies.
    We point out Trump's treason.
    We point out Trump's hypocrisy.
    We point out Trump's felonies.
    We point out Trump's ties to russia.
    We point out Trump's ties to the mob.
    We point out Trump's ties to drug lords.
    We point out Trump's complete and purposeful disruption of our democratic process.
    We point out Trump's illicit affairs.
    We point out Trump's lack of any legislative wins.
    We point out Trump's failure as a leader.
    We point out Trump's ex-employees utter disdain for him.
    We point out Trump's family members telling us all what a horror he is.
    We point out Trump's failure to contain the pandemic.
    We point out Trump's failure in any international diplomacy.
    We point out Trump's destruction of the United States' reputation.

We point it all out, over and over again, and they ignore time and again.

What would you have us do?
    Clearly state actual liberal/progressive plans for actual problems.

Again, i'm voting for Biden no matter what happens going forward, but I'm a diehard liberal and my 2020 (and beyond) vote was cast in 2000.

Independents are what matter and they want a plan of attack for major issues.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

Again, i'm voting for Biden no matter what happens going forward, but I'm a diehard liberal and my 2020 (and beyond) vote was cast in 2000.

Biden is doing that, HAS been doing that for weeks now.

So we still need a new plan, give what PACOX said.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, like 2016, I'll be a legal observer for the ACLU in the nearest battleground, which for me in Buffalo is either gonna be Pennsylvania or Ohio. In 2016, some of the calls I fielded in Pittsburgh were fucking......rage-inducing. And they all flew under the radar. In PA in 2016, the bigger story was the (lack of) Philly turnout and the suburbs switching from Obama blue to Trump red.
    That has to be frustrating - I would be slamming my head against the wall with some of the idiotic questions I've heard are fielded. Thank you for doing that. I'm up in AK and don't have any battleground locale to help out at.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not saying that I won't vote, just that it is a thing to consider. I'll be filling out my absentee ballot and dropping it off at a polling place; no fuckery from the USPS and less exposure than filling out a ballot at the polling place or using one of the voting machines.

Yeeeah, but Biden's campaign has been doing that for a while now, and you can bet Warren--who always brought detailed plans during the primaries--is going to be a big part of all of that. The Dems have already at least outlined plans far more than the GOP's "We're just going to do what Trump wants" platform.

I sincerely doubt there is a significant percentage of voters who are in any doubt at all of who they are going to vote for at this point. We passed that point a long time ago. Now it's just about making sure that all legitimate votes are counted and people aren't disenfranchised by Trump's interference with voting both in-person and by mail.

On that note, Rep. Katie Porter fucking caned DeJoy today and it was glorious to behold, though I'm doubtful anything will change as a result of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

I don't think we will see a Trump convention bump. At this point, everybody have pretty much already made up their mind. The majority of polls that I have seen put the current numbers of the undecided at around 10%. Much lower than at the same time during the 2016 election cycle (around 20% in August). The problem with a polarizing candidate like Trump is that at this early stage of the election, people have pretty made up their mind whether they are for or against him. Not much will change that. I am afraid that there won't be an October surprise this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    At this point I would consider preparing to use force in an organized manner.
    Meaning...?

Attempt a violent coup?

The Dem's will continue to do that, but even ~70 days away, I think we are completely fucked if there are that many undecided right now at this stage of the game.