10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I can’t listen to Tim Pool’s voice. I just can’t.
    It’s why the reaction video... it’s not just him talking and he gets 0 hits.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s why the reaction video... it’s not just him talking and he gets 0 hits.
    The guy doing the reacting has a fairly on-point understanding of how deranged Tim Pool is.

Tim Pool reminds me of the kid at school that no one would talk and tried to tune his radio into the frequency that Area-51 were transmitting on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    I agree, do we also use the same thing for Biden? How many times does Biden have to say something racist before they right "he is a racist"?

I mean his own VP said he was racist and sexist.

Trump sprouts off at the mouth and sometimes says something stupid trying to make a point.
    Biden sprouts off at the mouth and sometimes says something stupid trying to make a point.

Either both do it, or both are what their "something stupid" says they are? Which is it?
    Imma get poked at for this but I think either side looks foolish when they argue about
    the speech patterns because neither candidates is the best orator.

Liberals and conservatives need to just drop that point of contention.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Campaigning is more than a full time job. The fate of our country is at stake.
    You didn’t answer my question... Is Trump’s campaigning a full time job? Do you see a problem with what you are saying?

Biden has been noticeably absent a lot. Not every day, but he's really allowing Trump to once again over shadow him on the campaign trail. Why is this an issue? Because we need to get Trump the fuck out of office and Biden's lead is not so large that I feel comfortable assuming that he's won.
    Because your news sources don’t report on his campaigning and you are literally ignoring people pointing out that he is campaigning. You do realize that the last day of DNC was less than 2 weeks ago? You did see his stops the last couple of days?

Your news sources lying to you, is not Biden’s problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Imma get poked at for this but I think either side looks foolish when they argue about
    the speech patterns because neither candidates is the best orator.

Liberals and conservatives need to just drop that point of contention.
    The problem... suggesting to inject bleach is not an issue with a speech pattern... it’s a false dichotomy...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    The circle is complete... Trump is a classic liberal:

Before you deride this as just YouTube... 1 million views per video...
    I don't feel like watching 20 min of Hasan but why do I feel like he is being taken out of context? Liberals don't like Hasan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel like watching 20 min of Hasan but why do I feel like he is being taken out of context? Liberals don't like Hasan.
    Because you didn’t watch the video... Tim Pool literally states that Trump isn’t the colloquial version of liberal, but is by far the only candidate that’s a classic liberal. He literally laughed at Biden and Harris when comparing...

If liberals don’t like Hasan, that just goes further to prove I’m not a liberal.

The video is Hasan reacting to Tim Pool being a moron. It's not about Hasan.

10+ Year Old Account
    The video is Hasan reacting to Tim Pool being a moron. It's not about Hasan.
    To be fair, both not watching 20 min and assuming it was Hasan is fair. I’m just trying to not give Tim Pool hits and I do like Hasan... don’t agree 100% or anything, but he is a good dude... with a tiny head on his shoulders...

To be fair, both not watching 20 min and assuming it was Hasan is fair. I’m just trying to not give Tim Pool hits and I do like Hasan... don’t agree 100% or anything, but he is a good dude... with a tiny head on his shoulders...
    Can we stop talking about Tim Pool now? Just discussing him winds me up. He's a fucking plank.

10+ Year Old Account

The problem... suggesting to inject bleach is not an issue with a speech pattern... it’s a false dichotomy...
    I don't want to really get into the discussion but people really need to stop falling for Trump's antics such as saying something stupid to redirect from a real headline a joke just to piss people off.

Next time Trump makes a dumb tweet or says something thats intentionally meant to sound asinine/offensive, check out other news stories and see what kind of policy him/GOP is trying to pass or what kind of dangerous administrative move he made. Those are the real stories and I guarantee he is masking one. Instead people waste media cycles on every time he comments on some random celebrity or says something off the wall like drink bleach.

There's actual backstory to that bleach comment that's far more dangerous than what he said. Also makes it clear that he was just making a half assed comment. What it does show is lack of composure and how tone deaf his is though, so still not fit to he a leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to really get into the discussion but people really need to stop falling for Trump's antics such as saying something stupid to redirect from a real headline a joke just to piss people off.
    I’m not redirecting, that’s the actual issue. Sleepy Joe is about speech patterns, injecting bleach is being a moron. I’m just disagreeing on the premise of the comparison, already being made.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we stop talking about Tim Pool now? Just discussing him winds me up. He's a fucking plank.
    Good... it should wind you up... this is the nasty underbelly of modern politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not redirecting, that’s the actual issue. Sleepy Joe is about speech patterns, injecting bleach is being a moron. I’m just disagreeing on the premise of the comparison, already being made.
    Noooo. I don't mean you're redirecting. I mean Trump is redirecting when he says stupid nonsense. Trump plays into people already thinking (knowing) he is a bigot. So he will purposely do/say stuff to distract stuff he is really doing ie the USPS hit job has been in the works for a while. Even I was calling it out earlier in the year. Meanwhile the media was focusing on dumb shit like him saying 'Wuhan Flu' or having Twitter wars with Pelosi.

People need to stop focusing on the smaller things he says and watch what he actually does. Could be important.

Good... it should wind you up... this is the nasty underbelly of modern politics.
    It annoys me because of how stupid his talking points are. And really, all he’s doing is creating a permission structure for people who don’t think they’re all the bad things that Trump is to still vote for him. ‘Oh I’m a classic liberal, so I’m voting Trump’. Bollocks. Call it for what is and own it.

And I'm getting pretty tired of people presuming we're incapable of talking about BOTH.

- - - Updated - - -

Noooo. I don't mean you're redirecting. I mean Trump is redirecting when he says stupid nonsense. Trump plays into people already thinking (knowing) he is a bigot. So he will purposely do/say stuff to distract stuff he is really doing ie the USPS hit job has been in the works for a while. Even I was calling it out earlier in the year. Meanwhile the media was focusing on dumb shit like him saying 'Wuhan Flu' or having Twitter wars with Pelosi.
    It is HILARIOUS that you think Trump purposefully says something phenomenally stupid because he's playing some game of 4D chess in trying to get people to look away from something else and not because, you know, he's just phenomenally stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    And I'm getting pretty tired of people presuming we're incapable of talking about BOTH.

- - - Updated - - -

It is HILARIOUS that you think Trump purposefully says something phenomenally stupid because he's playing some game of 4D chess in trying to get people to look away from something else and not because, you know, he's just phenomenally stupid.
    If you are capable of seeing it both ways then act like it. No one says Trump is playing some long con, it's just convenience and opportunity mixed with people who must react to everything. A con man only needs to think as hard as his mark. Not much if the mark is duped by anything.

Funny how I never said Trump wasn't a clown, just to stop buying into his antics. Apparently that's offensive to some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are capable of seeing it both ways then act like it. No one says Trump is playing some long con, it's just convenience and opportunity mixed with people who must react to everything. A con man only needs to think as hard as his mark. Not much if the mark is duped by anything.

Funny how I never said Trump wasn't a clown, just to stop buying into his antics. Apparently that's offensive to some people.
    Why is it more important to talk about what we shouldn’t discuss, instead of just stating a more appropriate talking point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it more important to talk about what we shouldn’t discuss, instead of just stating a more appropriate talking point?
    You led to this tangent. All I initially said is neither Biden or Trump or the best orators so its a dumb back and forth when discussing the candidates. Looks like two toddlers calling each other poopy heads.

Straight up said someone wasn't going to like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You led to this tangent. All I initially said is neither Biden or Trump or the best orators so its a dumb back and forth when discussing the candidates. Looks like two toddlers calling each other poopy heads.

Straight up said someone wasn't going to like it.
    Yes, it’s my fault for the shit you say... you got me... I am the puppet master...

You've repeatedly insinuated that Trump is intentionally saying stupid shit to throw people off the scent of "the real story". That's absurd.

Also, I didn't say anything about "seeing it both ways". I said we're capable of talking about BOTH the stupid shit he says AND the important shit he's fucking with. One is not a distraction from the other when BOTH are being discussed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    You've repeatedly insinuated that Trump is intentionally saying stupid shit to throw people off the scent of "the real story". That's absurd.

Also, I didn't say anything about "seeing it both ways". I said we're capable of talking about BOTH the stupid shit he says AND the important shit he's fucking with. One is not a distraction from the other when BOTH are being discussed.
    Just to be clear... none are being discussed...