Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Biden needs to release a list of Supreme Court candidates yesterday, and they need to be moderate..
    Like Merrick Garland? We all saw that what happened before when the Democrats tried to reach across the aisle and Mitch tried to justify his partisanship and eventual hypocrisy.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Like Merrick Garland? We all saw that what happened before when the Democrats tried to reach across the aisle and Mitch tried to justify his partisanship and eventual hypocrisy.
    I think Grassley was already trying to feel him out on this, and Collins, trash as she is, might be convinced as well. Who knows, all we have is hope and not much =/

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I think Grassley was already trying to feel him out on this, and Collins, trash as she is, might be convinced as well. Who knows, all we have is hope and not much =/
    Sadly, I don't count on Collins to ever do the right thing. She will just be concerned at best and still vote according to what Mitch and the resident want her to. And looking at the polls, she probably knows she is already on the outs so this can be her last parting gift - a middle finger to democracy. I don't put anything past these people. She's already shown where her allegiances lies.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    They are what the democrats are becoming, and they are already too conservative. If David Duke came out against Trump should anyone care?
    You are missing the point, I'm just not sure if its purposely or not.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2020-09-19 at 02:14 AM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Honestly I think most if not all GOP members hate Trump and like Biden. I wouldn't be surprised if Biden won over enough GOP to win. Saying that I don't think It'll be a tie, but that we won't have a clear victor the week of elections. Some key swing states can't even start counting mail in ballots till Election day and they aren't ready for the volume they are going to receive.
    The election is no longer about them keep Trump in office now. Now it's how much they would like to congratulate Trump on his next pick with Trump holding a lot more leverage over the party.

They are going to weighing a lot of scenarios over the next few weeks but I think the so called "October Surprise" might be less of surprise and Trump announcing his SCOTUS pick. They closer he holds off until the election the more he can use it bring Republican voters back to side if any for anticipation of the vacant seat.

Want to make Republicans anxious about possibly not voting for him? Message that there's not enough time to fill the seat before the election and that he might not being able to do it after so they better re-elect him to guarantee the seat...or Biden gets it. The you roll ads about Biden being the "radical left" and appointing a "baby killing, border destroying" judge to office.

Its disturbing, it's probably milder than what they'll actually do.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The idea that we have to rely on Republican Senators to not fuck over our democracy in its darkest hour in well over 50 years, is laughable at best. "Put your papers in order, and get the fuck out," at worst.

Are you liberals ready to riot yet or do you still think voting is gonna save us?

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Are you liberals ready to riot yet or do you still think voting is gonna save us?
    Voting will totally save us from a broken and undemocratic system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    And they'll send in the police to crack your heads and then forget about the whole thing, thanking their lucky stars you didn't do anything to actually try and remove them but make a bunch of noise and nothing more.

Directionless riots without a concrete aim or goal always come to naught, no matter how many dollars of insurance-covered damage you inflict on some retail space of a multinational corporation. Protests need leaders and direction.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And they'll send in the police to crack your heads and then forget about the whole thing, thanking their lucky stars you didn't do anything to actually try and remove them but make a bunch of noise and nothing more.

Directionless riots without a concrete aim or goal always come to naught, no matter how many dollars of insurance-covered damage you inflict on some retail space of a multinational corporation. Protests need leaders and direction.
    Agreed the blue states hold the money when it comes to the US, a nationwide strike for a few weeks would cripple the economy. There are many non violent ways to protest, violence should be the last resort republicans did this using the system not some magical powers we can do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I know, but if they win a few key districts than they have the majority of states on their side, which they currently don't.
    No, because it would be the existing congress that votes, not the new one that won't be sworn in until January.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    No, because it would be the existing congress that votes, not the new one that won't be sworn in until January.
    I'll just let this do all the explaining
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...come-president

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Voting will totally save us from a broken and undemocratic system.
    Hey you're finally starting to get it. I realized this after Super Tuesday and now you guys are catching up.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'll just let this do all the explaining
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...come-president
    Yeah, I don't buy it. He seems to be talking out his ass. Any change in Congress as a result of the November Elections will not occur until January 2021, just after Trump's term expires. There are a couple exceptions, like Arizona and Georgia, which are filling appointed seats with Senate elections, but those two only affect the senate. The vast majority of Freshmen congressmen will not be able to vote until they are actually congressmen, which will be in January.

Yeah, I don't buy it. He seems to be talking out his ass. Any change in Congress as a result of the November Elections will not occur until January 2021, just after Trump's term expires. There are a couple exceptions, like Arizona and Georgia, which are filling appointed seats with Senate elections, but those two only affect the senate. The vast majority of Freshmen congressmen will not be able to vote until they are actually congressmen, which will be in January.
    What? Congress is sworn in weeks before the president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't buy it. He seems to be talking out his ass. Any change in Congress as a result of the November Elections will not occur until January 2021, just after Trump's term expires.
    No, the presidential term doesn't expire until January 20th. The 117th Congress will be seated on January 3. The counting of electoral votes isn't until January 6th, which is immediately followed by the contingent election if needed.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

It'd be fucking hilarious if Trump contested the election and Pelosi got to sit as president while the courts figured shit out.

theres probably going to be messy scenes next weekend. I think some rittenhouse formalities are on the 25th and then the proud boys are heading to portland on the weekend to have a tear up.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    theres probably going to be messy scenes next weekend. I think some rittenhouse formalities are on the 25th and then the proud boys are heading to portland on the weekend to have a tear up.
    Man, why isn't the media talking about these out of state/city instigators!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, why isn't the media talking about these out of state/city instigators!
    the projection was always amazing. You saw patriot prayer and the proud boys literally bussing in from out of state every other weekend like the fucking orange order, tiny coming from american samoa to assault people.

fucking state of them with the antifa busses lol.