Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Mississippi's Senate race is tightening. What-the-holy-fuck?

538 showing it a 1 point race.
    Has to be an outlier I don't believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I admit I didn't pay attention to polling much the last general election, but there seem to be a lot of weird poll outliers that don't make sense this time. Mississippi being close would be great, but it really isn't worse thinking about too hard unless you are in Mississippi. If you are in Mississippi, then get out and vote and encourage everyone else as well, because the only way it will actually be close is if democrats think voting is actually useful there.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You mean the guy that was never investigated one bit and was rushed through? Yeah, he sure got the short end of the stick there.
    Never investigated one bit? You might want to fact check yourself...assuming facts actually matter to you.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Neither do I. Frankly, for the not-too-recently-Confederate-Flag state, I wouldn't believe it until I saw the certified results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I admittedly haven't been keeping track of the more recent ones but this was the last one I saw where I got my numbers from:

https://twitter.com/WorkingClassLI/s...21998193999875
    Yep, and that poll has been an outlier for more than one reason. It never does anybody any good to blindly focus on just one pollster, let alone one poll.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    No, just those that hate said deviants are almost always projecting.
    I mean, you guys do have a wiki master list for it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._United_States

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Yesterday's poll was 48%. Their prior poll had him at a 47% approval rating. Why are you resorting to insults?
    I stated my point plainly and you simply did not get it, Trump's support has hovered around the same threshold for 4 years now. He is the first president in US history to never cross the 50% threshold even Rasmussen, Hill and Fox News who heavily favor him can't get him there. It's sad you are so excited about his support remaining in the same range.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Something they learned from the Brits. Like father like son

..Or its just a global issue.
    Never said otherwise, just pointing out playing find the rapist in Washington is like finding a needle in a needle factory.

Spit in any direction and you likely to hit one.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And this is typical of top-thinking average Trump supporters ("average" being those not in a financial position to gain from his ascendancy). They continue to seek out only that which backs what they've been told to think. If it disagrees with their echo-chamber, they fall into the Asimov-prophecised "my ignorance is equal to your facts".

How do we fix that?
    There's really no way to fix that, they want to be lied to even when Trump is on tape saying something they deny he said it or go what he meant was or he was joking. The facts are opinions that's how you get people losing their shit over wearing masks and thinking a virus that has killed 200K people is a hoax.

Never investigated one bit? You might want to fact check yourself...assuming facts actually matter to you.
    When my brother went through his top secret clearance, something by the way Trump has given his own family after overriding his national security advisers, my next door neighbor was investigated more thoroughly then the specifically limited investigation the FBI was allowed to do for Kavanagh.

The investigation was essentially was asking the potential criminal "did you commit the crime", they said no, and people like you declared it finished. Party of law and order indeed.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I can see it. Mike Espy is a capable, well-liked candidate who performed well in the 2018 Senate Race. Cindy Hyde-Smith is another racist dipshit who's incapable of getting anything done.

The problem isn't about polling well. Its winning an election that's presumably rigged in favour of the GOP.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I stated my point plainly and you simply did not get it, Trump's support has hovered around the same threshold for 4 years now. He is the first president in US history to never cross the 50% threshold even Rasmussen, Hill and Fox News who heavily favor him can't get him there. It's sad you are so excited about his support remaining in the same range.
    Rasmussen has Trump above 50% many times during his presidency. Please make an effort to get your facts straight before posting.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ez_track_sep22
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I can see it. Mike Espy is a capable, well-liked candidate who performed well in the 2018 Senate Race. Cindy Hyde-Smith is another racist dipshit who's incapable of getting anything done.

The problem isn't about polling well. Its winning an election that's presumably rigged in favour of the GOP.
    Have to be honest, it hasn't been a state I've been keeping an eye on, really at all, though I do know about her wearing the confederate uniform, and I do know espy is qualified, just thought it was a lost cause similar to jones in alabama, for the same reason you mentioned, voter suppression. It would be so amazing if both or either win, but I'm just not betting on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rasmussen has Trump above 50% many times during his presidency. Please make an effort to get your facts straight before posting.
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about poll aggregates, not the individual polls.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ez_track_sep22
    "What is an outlier?" for 500, Alex
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    "What is an outlier?" for 500, Alex
    Doesn’t Rasmussen bake in +6/8 for Trump in order to pander to his ‘silent majority’?

You guys are highly overrating your independant and undecided. Theres a reason they are in this section of voters, they arent very bright. It doesent really matter what logical reason you try to bring for why they should vote for your side. The stupidest shit will be their reason to vote X. I predict if Biden does not dominate the debates and Trump can make it a clown show where hes just using insults. Trump will win again by a small margin in dumb undecided states. If Biden does dominate and Trump just fumble not being able to just insult him all debates long, biden wins by a small margin. The apparence of who you are voting for is really all that matters for independant or undecided, they have no conviction or reasoning to speak of, which is why they are where they are. So instead of argueing who you should suck up to, realize it never mattered.

Wanna know why Obama was elected? He had a nice slogan, he looked youthful, he spoke well in debate. FULL STOP. What he said while being does things had 0 effect on your "independant" and undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    You guys are highly overrating your independant and undecided. Theres a reason they are in this section of voters, they arent very bright. It doesent really matter what logical reason you try to bring for why they should vote for your side. The stupidest shit will be their reason to vote X. I predict if Biden does not dominate the debates and Trump can make it a clown show where hes just using insults. Trump will win again by a small margin in dumb undecided states. If Biden does dominate and Trump just fumble not being able to just insult him all debates long, biden wins by a small margin. The apparence of who you are voting for is really all that matters for independant or undecided, they have no conviction or reasoning to speak of, which is why they are where they are. So instead of argueing who you should suck up to, realize it never mattered.

Wanna know why Obama was elected? He had a nice slogan, he looked youthful, he spoke well in debate. FULL STOP. What he said while being does things had 0 effect on your "independant" and undecided.
    One of the people that posts tens of thousands of anti Trump posts here says he will vote independant. All that effort and hes essentially wasting his vote. Dumb people are everywhere. In my view if you aren't voting for Biden its one less vote Trump has to get.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There was an article I linked awhile back showing that that's because it has never been this consistent for as far back as the data goes.
    Biden being Up by 6-8 points?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker