Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Are you talking about Trump's ban on bump stocks?
    Yep, it's a shame Trump despises the 2nd amedndment.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Nice rationalization. By the way, 14 months is a lie...assuming facts matter to you.
    When did Scalia die? February?

And Gorsuch was confirmed the following April?

You might need to take off your shoes for this one, but 12 months plus 2 months is in fact 14 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Republicans and Democrats in 2016: We should honor Justice Scalia with a Resolution in the Senate. It's nothing really, but it's expected.

Democrats in 2020: We should honor Justice Ginsburg with a Resolution.

Rafael Edward Cruz in 2020: WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS SO PARTISAN! YOU WANT TO INCLUDE HER REPORTED FINAL REQUEST THAT HER SEAT NOT BE FILLED UNTIL THE NEW PRESIDENT IS ELECTED?! THIS MAY BE A POINTLESS PIECE OF PAPER WITH NO MEANING BUT THIS KIND OF PARTISAN BEHAVIOR IS UNACCEPTABLE!

And it's apparently Democrats that are behind the partisanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Meh, Megan spends her time living in NY with her racist husband, the publisher of The Federalist. Most people in AZ pretend not to remember her.

Her Mom (McCain's Wife) on the other hand, might be a bigger deal in AZ...

The most fascinating part, is her Read of Martha McSally.
    Meghan McCain is a parasite. Her husband is a plague. So expecting any better from them is pointless.

John McCain was a patriot, and I'm glad to see Cindy McCain continuing his legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Republicans and Democrats in 2016: We should honor Justice Scalia with a Resolution in the Senate. It's nothing really, but it's expected.

Democrats in 2020: We should honor Justice Ginsburg with a Resolution.

Rafael Edward Cruz in 2020: WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS SO PARTISAN! YOU WANT TO INCLUDE HER REPORTED FINAL REQUEST THAT HER SEAT NOT BE FILLED UNTIL THE NEW PRESIDENT IS ELECTED?! THIS MAY BE A POINTLESS PIECE OF PAPER WITH NO MEANING BUT THIS KIND OF PARTISAN BEHAVIOR IS UNACCEPTABLE!

And it's apparently Democrats that are behind the partisanship.
    I'm not even surprised anymore. I'm disgusted, but not surprised. I'm not even American but everytime I think of another 4 years of Trump, it genuinely frightens, saddens and angers me. Because it's in essence the death knell for democracy in the world at large.

Wherever a right wing Government can copy Trump's MO, they will. And it'll take a long time to come back from that hell.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/aides-...cheats&via=rss

President Donald Trump’s aides decided not to alert him of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death while he was onstage at a Minnesota rally because they feared that his crowd would cheer about her passing, according to The New York Times.
    Very fine people indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    TIL that this is his actual name.

Shame it doesn't change what a piece of shit he is.
    He always struck me more as a Michelangelo type... he doesn’t have the attitude for Raphael, the ingenuity of Donatello, or the combat prowess of a Leonardo. He does look like someone that can put away a pizza... not fat joke... he looks like a rat... lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is that an actual fuckin promo image for the debate?

Slug it out? Fuckin seriously? When the fuck did this become a boxing match between two septuagenarians?
    The most hilarious thing to me about the whole thing is that this was an actual political event, here in Canada;

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/5...t-of-a-senator

They actually got in the ring and slugged it out (for charity). Trudeau, of course, won. Though admittedly, this was all prior to him becoming Prime Minister. And they weren't senior citizens. But at least here, actual fisticuffs are part of the political discourse, so it's not just all useless goddamn blather.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The most hilarious thing to me about the whole thing is that this was an actual political event, here in Canada;

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/5...t-of-a-senator

They actually got in the ring and slugged it out (for charity). Trudeau, of course, won. Though admittedly, this was all prior to him becoming Prime Minister. And they weren't senior citizens. But at least here, actual fisticuffs are part of the political discourse, so it's not just all useless goddamn blather.
    Your prime minister has a six pack? WTH.

Remember when Trump aligned groups "bribing" people of color by handing out thousands of dollars in cash gifts? - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...veaways-108072

Well, Bloomberg paying fines/fees for ex-felons in Florida is apparently WAY different. Matt Gaetz is throwing a temper tantrum calling this a "crime" because he thinks Bloomberg is somehow buying votes. Even though he's not handing anyone cash, unlike the Trump campaign did - https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/po...emi-story.html

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Take their guns away first, due process later.
    That was a stupid statement on Trump's part. And he would never get it pass the Supreme Court anyway. But the bumpstock ban by executive order, was not a attack on the second amendment. It is not a firearm. But a really dumb attachment for the AR-15, which if anyone cares about their weapon, they would not want to take the risk of harming them by using one.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Looks like one, acts like one.... all starting to come together. He's a genetically modified rat-man!
    A Skaven, to be more precise. Being affected with a severe case of Dunning-Kruger effect, the massive ego, being a massive misogynist, etc.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-09-23 at 05:30 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yup, he referred to them as not being able to "put a finger on the scales", so to speak, and influence the aggregate upward enough to even push it to 50%.

Interesting recent poll from St. Pete Polls has Florida at Biden +3.
    Interesting recent poll from Change Research has Florida at Biden +3 and Arizona at Biden +6.
    Of course. I did not mean it was the most important poll to consider and the average of all the polls need to be considered. For sure, Biden should win the election. And I still will be surprised if he doesn't. But strange things can happen in elections and the polls have been wrong before.

There are a number of Trump supporters who do not answer a election poll survey. I am one of those. How large that number is, we will find out in Nov.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-09-23 at 05:30 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

That was a stupid statement on Trump's part. And he would never get it pass the Supreme Court anyway.
    But he said it. Republicans lose their shit at the mention of even considering potential restrictions, yet Trump straight up encouraged un-Constitutional gun-grabbing explicitly. Something no Democrat in that office has ever said.

But the bumpstock ban by executive order, was not a attack on the second amendment.
    Except that Obama looked into this and gun rights groups lost their minds, and ended up not moving forward with it as his view was that it exceeded executive authority.

Trump has done more to restrict the Second Amendment than Obama has in this.

It is not a firearm.
    Nor are high capacity magazines, yet you still see gun rights groups up in arms whenever states/cities move to ban them.

It is not a firearm.
    Neither are bullets.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I love when Trump supporters push this 'silent majority' notion by saying, 'yeah, we don't answer poll surveys'. Because they live in this world where apparently every Democrat is just waiting like a rabid dog to say, 'I'm a Democrat! ME!' and they're all accounted for, just like the 6 Infinity Stones.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...w-new-findings

OH SHIT HUNTER IS TOAS

The findings issued Wednesday by Senators Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, head of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, and Chuck Grassley of Iowa, chairman of the Finance Committee, into Hunter Biden’s allegedly “extensive and complex financial transactions” don’t disclose any impact on policy, or prove wrongdoing.

But the Republicans asserted that the younger Biden’s foreign financial entanglements raised concerns about conflicts of interest as well as “criminal financial, counterintelligence and extortion concerns.”
    Shit, no wrongdoing? And concerns about FOREIGN FINANCIAL ENTANGLEMENTS?! Nobody tell Johnson and Grassley about the Trump children, including one working in the White House, because I hear they have foreign investments all over the world while their father is in office!

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    When did Scalia die? February?

And Gorsuch was confirmed the following April?

You might need to take off your shoes for this one, but 12 months plus 2 months is in fact 14 months.
    Biden made his statements in the video I linked calling for immediate action on the Scalia vacancy on March 24, 2016 when Obama was president...roughly 1 month after Scalia died and roughly 7 months before the 2016 election....not 14 months later when Trump was president.

However, in 1992, Biden stated that a vacancy shouldn't be filled in an election year when George H.W. Bush was president. But yet he advocated the exact opposite position in 2016 when Obama was president. Now Biden's back full circle to his original 1992 position now that Trump is president. Funny how that works!

Don't try to rationalize this. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy and many Democrats as well as many Republicans are guilty as hell when it comes to SCOTUS vacancies.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2020-09-23 at 06:06 PM.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL that this is his actual name.

Shame it doesn't change what a piece of shit he is.
    Says something about the GOP that so many people feel the need to use a more Anglo sounding name to run in that party.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I would not be surprised to see that happening at this point.
    I mean, it's not really a shock that most of the world hates Donald Trump at this point.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/09...-early-voting/

Texas Republicans, including the state party chairman, are suing Republican governor Greg Abbot for adding 6 days onto the early voting period in light of the coronavirus pandemic.

Why? Because Republicans continue to have an overt hostility towards making it easier and/or safer for people to legally vote.