Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    If trump does lose election and flees to Russia. I have a feeling he will “accidentally fall” out of a window or abruptly get “ill” and die.
    Hell no. Snowden is still alive and kicking because he's useful to Russia. Trump, even if he lost, would still have huge use to Russia for continued disruption operations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    If trump does lose election and flees to Russia. I have a feeling he will “accidentally fall” out of a window or abruptly get “ill” and die.
    Trump would have to be suicidal to hide in Russia. If he's working with Putin, he'll find Putin awards loyalty like Trump does. If he's not working with Russia, fleeing won't help.

If small donors donation is a measure of enthusiasm, Democratic voters are way more enthusiastic than GOP voters.

Biden raised that 3.8M through ActBlue. That does not include direct donations to his campaign. ActBlue raised $8 million between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET, and 25M by 9:30 a.m. ET. That is on top of the 300M that they raised since Ginsburg passing on November 18.

This is a repeat of 2018. Except on a much larger scale. Trump did not do any down ballot GOP candidates any favor with his performance last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    He’s told them to stand back. This president has surged federal resources when violent crime warrants it in cities. He’s leading. He doesn’t need any sort of vigilantism, That’s never what we’ve called for. What we’ve called for is Democrat mayors and Democrat governors to call up the resources we’re prepared to make available.
    So predictable. "What He Meant Was, and the Democrats--"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    And the US chose NOT to impeach him earlier. And we are a little more than a month away from the election and he has a decent shot winning reelection.

So yeah, I can see how the rest of the world would view it exactly that way.
    well your leader does only have an 18% positive aproval rating
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...e/Donald_Trump

but dont worry it goes up to a woping 19% with our boomers

and heres the peoples view of america in graphs from pew.

basicly the number of people pro american has halved since 2000

those up ticks... thats obama.

that cliff edge....thats trump.

confidence in presidents graph for other nations

europeans trust trump less than bojo, putin or xi

Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-09-30 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So predictable. "What He Meant Was, and the Democrats--"
    Which idiot said this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    As a brit I found the language and the tactics used in this debate of an exceptional level of crass even by American debate standards, this was above and beyond.
    Well, as a brit, A) you should be used to that given the (oh I'll be nice) "spirited" discussions that take place in Parliament and B) I don't find your opinion all that relevant since you're not participating in this election.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    If small donors donation is a measure of enthusiasm, Democratic voters are way more enthusiastic than GOP voters.

Biden raised that 3.8M through ActBlue. That does not include direct donations to his campaign. ActBlue raised $8 million between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET, and 25M by 9:30 a.m. ET. That is on top of the 300M that they raised since Ginsburg passing on November 18.

This is a repeat of 2018. Except on a much larger scale. Trump did not do any down ballot GOP candidates any favor with his performance last night.
    The down ballet thing is honestly the biggest thing of last night. Unless he absolutely can control himself in the next few debates, the GOP probably will lose far more then a few seats in the Senate. Maybe it is karma for the fact that they didn't vote to impeach him when they could have knowing full well they should have.

The number of ballots that have been turned in in reporting states just jumped from 1.1M to 1.8M in one day. I guess people are turning in their ballots in way early. I will be turning mine in next Monday (10/05/2020) personally.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ting-for-biden

EX-RNC Chairman is throwing his support behind Biden.

"We already know about Michael Steele, this is old news."

It's not Steele, it's Marc Racicot.

- - - Updated - - -

Front page of the National Review, they're trying!

Seems like they're mostly trying to play off the "whole" debate as a dumpster fire to avoid attributing most of the blame to Trump for acting like a child.

Notice the top left article though, that's a bit unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Well, as a brit, A) you should be used to that given the (oh I'll be nice) "spirited" discussions that take place in Parliament and B) I don't find your opinion all that relevant since you're not participating in this election.
    parliment has trict rules for debate, viciousness gets you thrown out, sometimes literally.

and my opinon does matter, to my leaders. as big as america thinks it is, the rest of the world is much bigger, you can either stand with us, or not, up to you guys really. but remeber its hard paying a military as a isolationist nation with no freinds.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tim-sc...ebate-comments

The lone Black Republican in the Senate, Tim Scott, has thoughts -

“I think he misspoke in response to Chris Wallace’s comment.” He added, “I think he should correct it. If he doesn’t correct it, I guess he didn’t misspeak.”
    Given Trump the benefit of the doubt when he whiffed the, "Please condemn white supremacy" question. I don't think his faith in his party or Trump will be rewarded.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/statu...27271144370176

Reminder that Trump thinks that Europe is actually "Endor", or at least the moon around it, complete with "forest cities".

When's he revealing those cute, delicious little ewoks?!

This is just like watching dumb and dumber. I think they should just do boxing match, whoever wins, wins the election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Should it be though? Why is it the only two choices? Media portrayal? Education? Or just down to simple policies? Amount of money each party has?
    It's down to two choices because FPTP is in use without any sort of ranked choice/runoff voting system on top, with the electoral college being a thing too.

Third parties, while they do exist, is effectively pissing into the wind when electing US presidents. This isn't down to media portrayal or education, but how your electoral system is designed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It's down to two choices because FPTP is in use without any sort of ranked choice/runoff voting system on top, with the electoral college being a thing too.

Third parties, while they do exist, is effectively pissing into the wind when electing US presidents. This isn't down to media portrayal or education, but how your electoral system is designed.
    I wouldn't say it's pissing into the wind. Ralph Nader killed a million Iraqis and thousands of US troops, caused the Great Recession, and accelerated global warming by decades. Pretty big changes, I'd say!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    The down ballet thing is honestly the biggest thing of last night. Unless he absolutely can control himself in the next few debates, the GOP probably will lose far more then a few seats in the Senate. Maybe it is karma for the fact that they didn't vote to impeach him when they could have knowing full well they should have.
    He was impeached. He just wasn't removed from office.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    and my opinon does matter
    Whatever you say, Boy George.

Whatever you say, Boy George.

Is boy George ment to be an insult ?

You should be nicer to the Brits. After all, we're all on this one big flat Earth together.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You should be nicer to the Brits. After all, we're all on this one big flat Earth together.
    its round, please tell me you dont believe its flat...........