NBC News to host town hall with Trump on Thursday https://t.co/1t7GY0TNy4
    https://twitter.com/mitchellreports/...137836032?s=19

NBC can piss off.

This is not about both sides argument or technically each candidate is supposed to have equal time. The Orange Moron m, who was reckless, did not compromise to have a safety of a virtual town hall.

This has been the problem of the news for past 4 years. Chasing the Shitshow for ratings.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

NBC can piss off.

This is not about both sides argument or technically each candidate is supposed to have equal time. The Orange Moron m, who was reckless, did not compromise to have a safety of a virtual town hall.

This has been the problem of the news for past 4 years. Chasing the Shitshow for ratings.
    Ya NBC has terrible bias. For anyone that has watched MTP for the past few months. Chuck Todd basically turns half of the show over to a Trump flack for uncritical PR.

Hoping that Trump gives Lester Holt or whatever host a big wet kiss.

Considering how Trump has done in the past few town halls... it will still be a win/hold for Biden.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

NBC can piss off.

Yeah, and by chasing the shitshow for ratings, they are giving him exactly what he wants - attention. Then they wonder, "how could this happen?!" if he wins again.

Trash.
    Last edited by omerome; 2020-10-14 at 02:40 PM.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    who gives a shit about Celebrity Jeopardy? Not even people who watch Jeopardy really care about it. The only good thing to come of it was the SNL skits.

Did you post this because he rightfully called out Pelosi, she snapped, and ended up looking god awful? Not to surprising, I know many on her attack anyone who speak ill of team blue. Nancy even admitted she didn't want send out another check with Trump's name on it. Purely political motivation, and showing she is no better than Trump. Both bills are kind of shitty but if Trump loses the chance of getting anything past till Feb goes to near zero. The group think in this forum is disturbing.
    I didn't even watch the exchange. Wolf Blitzer is an idiot, no matter who he's talking to. I like most of the other CNN talking heads, but Blitzer in particular bothers me precisely because he's both not great at his job, and because he is, again, an idiot. The moment he's not reading off a planned script, that becomes clear, as it did in his Celebrity Jeopardy appearance. Which, yes, has easier questions and nobody cares about it much. But that's the point. Easier questions, and he was still buzzing in to get them wrong more often than he got them right. Because he's too dumb to even know what he doesn't know.

And don't give me that "team blue" garbage. I'm not on any "team". I've crapped extensively on some "team blue" members, like Buttigieg and Gabbard. I could probably dig up posts from 2015 of me talking about how bad an idea it was to run Clinton for 2016. If you think I won't crap on Democrats for some reason, you're not responding to me or my posts, but the imaginary boogeyman you made up in your own head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you post this because he rightfully called out Pelosi, she snapped, and ended up looking god awful?
    If this is what you saw, then you have some mighty strong hate-blinders on, friend.

Nancy even admitted she didn't want send out another check with Trump's name on it.
    On the contrary, she said that Trump was only interested in sending out checks with his name on them and that the bill wasn't really enough to help the people who needed help. Again, she doesn't want to give up the only leverage she has in order to make sure that she can get the help out that people deserve.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remind me how many Republicans have won the White House since 2004 again? Seems like a dumb bit of analysis to end on.
    Politics has reached "Baseball stats" levels of stupid with some of this "analysis". "He's the first Republican to win a re-election after retiring twice, while announcing his candidacy under a full moon."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Politics has reached "Baseball stats" levels of stupid with some of this "analysis". "He's the first Republican to win a re-election after retiring twice, while announcing his candidacy under a full moon."
    Relevant:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Gird your loins!"
    Expect these news stories to pushed by our local, "Im not a Trump supporter but...", after being laundered through fox/twitter/back to fox.

NY Post is pushing a new Biden emails story.
    • Basically some random PC repair shop found a laptop with a Biden sticker on it. Found suspicious email on it. Sent it to Rudy Guiliani. Now some of Rudy's friends (guys who stenographered his leaks) are pushing this story.
    • Random PC repair shop is most likely a front for your favorite intel ratfucking office run by Boris and Natasha.

Axios is complaining that Biden isnt answering as many questions as Trump.
    • Again, this is Anxious just being the stenographer for Trump's campaign.
    • Does Trump really answer questions?

Also this guy is a treasure for satirizing the Paper of Record in these times:
    How "but somebody's water-damaged MacBook Pro" became the "but her emails" of 2020.
    Opinion | I'm a Swing Voter. Here's Why I Think the Governor of Michigan Should be Kidnapped
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-10-14 at 03:54 PM.

Did you post this because he rightfully called out Pelosi, she snapped, and ended up looking god awful?
    Depends on your view. Blitzer looked more like a Trump staffer who sucks at his job begging Pelosi to take the deal. Then remembering that Trump had just tweeted "GO BIG" and encouraging her to negotiate for more. Than forgot that Trump isn't actually involved in the negotiations so a phone to call to him would be pointless, it's Mnuchin that's leading the WH negotiations.

Nancy even admitted she didn't want send out another check with Trump's name on it. Purely political motivation
    What the fuck do you think Trump's name being on the check to begin with, is? A political play. She's trying to de-politicize this, and here you are cheering on the Trump administrations actions and rhetoric, even if you aren't intending to. Weird.

and showing she is no better than Trump.
    Is she pushing for a check from Nancy Pelosi instead?

No?

Cool, I have no clue what the fuck you're trying to say then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump manages to land a town hall Thursday at 8.

The audience will all have mandated masks, and Trump won't be allowed within 12 feet of another human being.

"Because he might still be infectious?"

Well the NIH says he isn't all that infectuous. But the moderator is a married woman, and they're probably afraid Trump will grab her by the pussy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Seems Trump finally has some sort of policy for his possible second term!
    Didn't he say that the first time?

And by "didn't he?" as always, I mean "Here is the link". That's from Dec 4, 2016, when he said he'd use 35% tariffs or something, and he was elected already so there's no excuse for why he didn't do it. Well, no valid excuse. He's still Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

The audience will all have mandated masks, and Trump won't be allowed within 12 feet of another human being.

Well the NIH says he isn't all that infectuous. But the moderator is a married woman, and they're probably afraid Trump will grab her by the pussy.
    Don't bury this nugget of proof as to NBC not in fact being "liberal media" but corporate shitheels like the rest:

Joe Biden will simultaneously join a town hall held by ABC News in Philadelphia.
    Clownery on NBC's part.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Apparently a lot of staff at cnbc, nbc and msnbc are pissed off that they scheduled a townhall opposite Biden.

I've heard from over a dozen NBC, MSNBC, and CNBC sources (talent and staff) and the frustration with and anger toward their employer for scheduling a town hall against Biden is palpable.
    https://twitter.com/yashar/status/13...995929600?s=19

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Apparently a lot of staff at cnbc, nbc and msnbc are pissed off that they scheduled a townhall opposite Biden.

And now there's calls for boycotting NBC from the left, lol.

They deserve what they get, tbh. Let us not forget NBC was the network that aired The Apprentice and continued to keep Trump solvent for decades despite him reneging on his end of payments, sat on the Access Hollywood tape for years, and tried to bury the Weinstein story.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-10-14 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

Yashar Ali .... meh.

Mostly a reminder that Millennials are turning 40, and they're no longer Hipster-Media-Disruptors they pretend to be in their avatar.

Full disclosure, I am not actually a radicalized frozen dairy desert. I have kids and a mortgage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Clownery on NBC's part.
    I talked about this recently. Biden had something lined up a while ago. Trump got sick because he didn't follow the rules, then infected Committee staff because he didn't follow other rules, so the Committee enforced the rules by making the second debate virtual. Trump bailed and said he'd attend a rally instead, then Biden made alternate plans, and then the Committe canceled. Trump whines and moaned about how he felt bigly and yuge, but the damage was done, so he looked for another option.

The clown is Trump. NBC is merely hosting the circus, and charging admission.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    And now there's calls for boycotting NBC from the left, lol..
    Um...why not just watch Biden's town hall, which we knew about days ago? Yeah I know, punish NBC for hosting Trump, but just don't watch.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Yashar Ali .... meh.

Mostly a reminder that Millennials are turning 40, and they're no longer Hipster-Media-Disruptors they pretend to be in their avatar.

Full disclosure, I am not actually a radicalized frozen dairy desert. I have kids and a mortgage.
    Hey some of us are still not 30 and have the energy be disruptors , besides a good chunk of older GenZ is highly motivated to make their country and world a better place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Hey some of us are still not 30 and have the energy be disruptors , besides a good chunk of older GenZ is highly motivated to make their country and world a better place.
    You will feel the wrath of gen x, when there is a popcorn shortage!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I'm 31. Millennials can fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Technically this thread is about the election which is going on right now.

Four million people turned in their votes between the end of Monday and this morning. So 4 million votes in one day. Assuming the trajectory stays the same, we will have around 90 million votes turned in already by election day. We'll have a better idea by the end of this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I'm 31. Millennials can fuck off.
    God i'm 27 and i feel old.
    And i agree with your sentiment. At this point, ny hopes are with gen Z.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker