Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Do we talk about Senate races in here too? Because it isn't a good week for Joni Ernst and her Senate Re-election bid.

This week she has had an investigation brought onto her for her "dark money" donations to her campaign. https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/jud...k-money-group/

And then she apparently flubbed pretty hard on a question in last night's debate. The debate moderator is a local NBC channel moderator, though I believe that station is ran by Sinclair, if I am not mistaken. But it was just a simple Agriculture question, the price of corn and soybeans. Theresa Greenfield answered it and correctly. Joni Ernst was way off. https://twitter.com/GreenfieldIowa/s...11419913347072

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joni-...b6dc2d17f5a0d9

You would think, with one of the biggest producers of corn and soybeans in the country, and there is a lot of farmers in the state that she needs to win, she would need to know about agriculture and their prices, instead of being nearly 2 dollars over on the actual bushel of soybeans. Sad thing was, that after she got it wrong, she blamed it on audio, since the debate is remote hosted, and then she tried to say that Greenfield didn't answer the question, even though she did, and then she said she was responding on corn, and even then she was wrong about the price.

That moment in the debate, certainly won her zero votes. Though I think some of the farmers in my state would vote for an ear of corn with an R next to it, over a Democrat that will actually help them. Especially considering they voted in people like white nationalist Steve King for so long. Glad he is done, as far as Iowa Congressman now though.
    Joni Ernst like Martha McSally, Thom Tillis, Cory Gardner and Susan Collins, is in deep trouble. I'm not looking at the Osoff/Purdue and Collins/Warnock/Loeffler race just yet, because Georgia is figuring its life out at the moment. But yeah, the Senate race is interesting.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I do not have political signs in my yard or bumper stickers on my vehicles.....https://www.foxnews.com/us/massachus...rump-supporter

Police on Thursday said they are looking for help in tracking down two women who allegedly attacked a President Trump supporter in Massachusetts last week.

Authorities said they received several 911 calls related to an assault and battery in Fall River, Mass., located about 50 miles south of Boston earlier this month.

"A preliminary investigation revealed that the victim was physically assaulted by two (2) females for displaying “TRUMP” flags on her vehicle," according to the City of Fall River Police Department on Facebook.

The chances of this happening in the part of Ohio I live in, is very remote. However, it only takes one radical to mess up your day.

And I am not saying this only happens to Trump supporters.

And as a side note, my take from the two town halls last night.....Trump walked into a Lion's den and Biden into a kitten's den.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-10-16 at 01:55 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This is why I do not have political signs in my yard or bumper stickers on my vehicles.....https://www.foxnews.com/us/massachus...rump-supporter

Police on Thursday said they are looking for help in tracking down two women who allegedly attacked a President Trump supporter in Massachusetts last week.

Authorities said they received several 911 calls related to an assault and battery in Fall River, Mass., located about 50 miles south of Boston earlier this month.

"A preliminary investigation revealed that the victim was physically assaulted by two (2) females for displaying “TRUMP” flags on her vehicle," according to the City of Fall River Police Department on Facebook.

The chances of this happening in the part of Ohio I live in, is very remote. However, it only takes one radical to mess up your day.

And I am not saying this only happens to Trump supporters.

And as a side note, my take from the two town halls last night.....Trump walked into a Lion's den and Biden into a kitten's den.
    I really didn't like the way she was constantly arguing with Trump. She should have just asked the questions, and let him dig his own hole.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Trump wanted a competing "town hall." And he got it. And NBC got shitted on for agreeing to it. Guthrie brilliantly flipped the script.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I really didn't like the way she was constantly arguing with Trump. She should have just asked the questions, and let him dig his own hole.
    She was attacking Trump. That did not happen with Biden. I think town halls should be focused on what the citizens at them ask each candidate and the moderator should mainly just sit back and let them ask the questions and the candidate answer them.

I watched the Hannity town hall and was very disappointed. It was mainly a time for Hannity to talk and Trump. Only 4 people got to ask their questions. That is not what I want to see in a town hall.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    She was attacking Trump. That did not happen with Biden. I think town halls should be focused on what the citizens at them ask each candidate and the moderator should mainly just sit back and let them ask the questions and the candidate answer them.

I watched the Hannity town hall and was very disappointed. It was mainly a time for Hannity to talk and Trump. Only 4 people got to ask their questions. That is not what I want to see in a town hall.
    Have you ever considered that perhaps, Trump gets attacked because he says and does absolutely attackable things?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Every journalist that had the opportunity allowed Trump to steamroll over him/her without challenges, allowing him to spew his bullshit and made up facts and conspiracy theories and that shit smeared all over them as a result.
    Guthrie didn't. And as a result is being lauded for presenting facts against his fantasy. That probably didn't go well with a pro-Trump audience. But if she got a few of them thinking...

Well, that's because Trump is a shitty racist who deserves to be called out on his lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Most likely because he spent time at his rally earlier that day attacking her and the network he was going to appear on.

He basically got a taste of his own medicine.
    While I get that. That was not the role I expected her to fill. I expected questions and answers. Not battling it out on stage.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

While I get that. That was not the role I expected her to fill. I expected questions and answers. Not battling it out on stage.
    The audience asked questions. She asked more questions. He lied. A LOT. So he got countered. It's not question plus fake answer equals moving on.

I highly doubt NBC were doing that to him because he attacked them. He's been attacking them for four years. Nothing new.

Biden is maintaining a steady lead of +10.5. It's gone +/- 2 in the last week.

There are two polls from Investor's Business Daily that have Biden at +5, but factor in the following: -
    a) IBD is quite political conservative so there's a bias packed in b) Their sample voters tend to be the 401k crowd.

Swing states are staying steady as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh you were expecting answers from Trump? Even Trump wasnt expecting to answer any questions. He's just up there wanting people to validate his bullshit.

Anyways, Trump campaign goes all in on saying Fuck You to suburban parents.
    Trump campaign senior adviser Mercede Sschlapp doubles down on her comparison of Joe Biden's ABC town hall to Mister Rogers' Neighborhood: "We love Mr. Rogers. But I got to tell you, those puppets were always a little freaky when I was growing up."

Remember, just 2 weeks ago Melanie was saying Fuck Christmas and poor children. While complaining how overworked she is....
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Results from the latest poll show Biden is cementing his lead--

"Whoa whoa whoa. That's not a poll. You linked a story about gun maker's stocks increasing in price."

Yes. Yes I did. Think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Swing states are staying steady as well.
    All good news that Biden is not taking for granted. Obama is predicted to visit each of these four. In particular, Obama might say "hey, remember when someone bailed out the auto industry?" oh, maaaaaaaaybe once or twice in Michigan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Results from the latest poll show Biden is cementing his lead--

"Whoa whoa whoa. That's not a poll. You linked a story about gun maker's stocks increasing in price."

Yes. Yes I did. Think about it.
    </thinking>

GOP candidates flailing without being propped up by the NRA? (NRA spent $500 billion inthe 2016 cycle).

A journalist pointed out: The National Enquirer has had zero Biden articles in 2020. 2016 they had dozens of anti Hillary articles while catch/killing Trump's affairs and mistress abortions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    (NRA spent $500 billion inthe 2016 cycle).
    I do not know what this source is to take it with a grain of salt, but they use FEC data.

As of Aug 31, the NRA had donated...$19.3 million. About half what they'd spent at this point in 2016.

Yes, they said "million".

Most of it seems to be going to House and Senate races, too, but of course if you give to the TNC expect a lot to go to T.

10+ Year Old Account

Incoming Angry Twitter Strom From Angry Dear Leader

The Biden Town Hall on ABC drew 2.3 million more viewers than the Trump town hall on NBC.
    Variety: TV Ratings: Biden Leads Town Hall Duel With Trump in Early Numbers

I cant do my weekly weekend unplug from the internet quick enough.

But mrrrrrngh Savannah Guthrie was mean!

The Town Hall was an absolute disaster for Trump, which makes me wonder: is it actually better that he had less viewers? Less people hearing him admit to being in debt, saying his lungs were 'infected', being called a crazy uncle and being unable to denounce QAnon?

A hit to Trump's ego, regardless, so it puts a smile on my face. We all know how much he brags about having bigger events than everyone else. The biggest events anyone has ever seen, record highs, according to some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    The Town Hall was an absolute disaster for Trump, which makes me wonder: is it actually better that he had less viewers? Less people hearing him admit to being in debt, saying his lungs were 'infected', being called a crazy uncle and being unable to denounce QAnon?

A hit to Trump's ego, regardless, so it puts a smile on my face. We all know how much he brags about having bigger events than everyone else. The biggest events anyone has ever seen, record highs, according to some.
    I can’t believe he had less viewers... I want to see ratings (unless I missed it)... Trump not beating Biden in ratings, might mean that people are finally sick of his shit. I don’t think it means anything for his support, but it’s no longer entertaining... because, Biden’s was never going to be entertaining... I would be happily surprised if Biden wins ratings...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

As of today, 22M people already voted (16% of 2016). An increase of almost 5M from yesterday morning (4% gain).

Deep dive into Harris County, Texas.

In 2016 Hillary won Harris by 54% to Trump’s 41.6%. Total votes 1,312,112. Turnout a pitiful 39%.

In the last four days, Harris County early vote counts range from 103k to 134k. As of Thursday, approximately 450k votes had already been sumitted (34% of 2016).

How worried is Texas GOP? Very worried.

Harris County tried to make voting easier during the pandemic. Why Texas Republicans fought every step of the way.

I have always suspected that if it wasn't for low voter turnout and voter suppression, Texas would have become a swing state a decade earlier.

Right now, nine out of the 10 largest Texas counties, which all voted for Hillary in 2016, are showing the same early voting pattern as Harris County. With the exception of Bexar which is underperforming their 2016 turnout.

10+ Year Old Account

Because for Trump supporters, questioning his assertions about his record, is an attack. After the liberate tweets, he wants us to think he had no influence on the kidnapping plot or his fans attacking nurses because covid is a hoax?

If you want to compare Biden’s townhall to Hanity interview, no one had to feed Biden lines to simple questions like ‘what is the goal of Trump’s next 4 years’.

To Biden, asking him to denounce white supremacy and QAnon is a soft ball... why is it an attack for Trump?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi