Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    And yet the DNC is consistently the party with the voter enthusiasm and turnout issues? Why is that?
    God and guns vs big structural change.

The GOP has successfully convinced the base that if Dems are in power, a teacher will hand their daughter condoms to go have sex in the school bathroom, and the nurse will be giving out abortion pills. They have successfully convinced the base that if Dems are in power, 2A will be repealed and the government will come take their guns away.

This is completely untrue, but they keep voting GOP, thus the Dems don't have the power to do it, this it doesn't happen. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Meanwhile, Dems have unsuccessfully sold the base on "big structural change" being the answer to all society's ills. It is, but they have precious few actual wins in that area, because big structural change needs broad based appeal to work, and when they reach across the aisle to get it done, that big change gets watered down to the point it has virtually no effect. Even things like ACA, where it institutes a big change that most actual voters like, the GOP finds a way to sell it as government control to the base, while using the courts to dismantle it piece by piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    One thing I am noticing this cycle in deep red Texas is a good number of Biden signs. My job has me rolling though the country and in '16 I saw next to no signs for Hillary and tons of Trump signs EVERYWHERE. Now I see an occasional Biden sign. A few Trump signs. But mostly just a lack of signs period. I don't have any doubt Trump will still win Texas. But just a casual look around shows me it's not as intense as it was in '16 for him even here.
    I have heard people are hesitant to put out signs for either side, especially for Donald Trump. They do not want their houses vandalized.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I have heard people are hesitant to put out signs for either side, especially for Donald Trump. They do not want their houses vandalized.
    That's because you only listen to Trump supporters. <shrug>

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Bullshit....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

5+ Year Old Account
    That makes no sense, all trump supporters do is chant their cult mantra in everyone’s face.

Yesterday a caravan of trucks and Trump support drove all over the city honking their horns and annoying the shit out of neighborhoods on a Saturday morning.

I do have a question, why the Trump fan cult still try to bullshit on a forum that at tops 30 people read it, where people already voted or cant even vote?

The election is already decided, lets just talk about facts until the election day.

lol...

Meanwhile, in reality:

Maybe a frightening warning here but in Minnesota it is pretty solid Biden will win. The Senate race is a different story. Tin Smith, the incumbent Democrat Senator seems to be in a close race with opponent Jason Lewis. Oh and shocking take a look at Jason Lewis history. He is a right wing talk radio who has spouted numerous racist rhetoric and extreme right wing in the past.

Tina Smith is not an exciting politician. If not familiar she replaced Al Franked and the de facto nomination after. She is progressive I guess. Her plus and something that can really get the right wing moth's foaming was she was head of Planned Parenthood. Besides that I again state she is nothing that excites me or the base.

So worried here about possibly a solid blue state losing a Senator when every Senator is needed.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    I do have a question, why the Trump fan cult still try to bullshit on a forum that at tops 30 people read it, where people already voted or cant even vote?

The election is already decided, lets just talk about facts until the election day.
    Yeah but that argument goes both ways. Why would anyone make pro-Biden posts if only 30 people read it? People have private conversations on the internet that only involve 2 people so obviously you don't need to have a massive audience in order for a conversation to be worthwhile.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-10-25 at 08:06 PM.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/1...ats-a-problem/

Great read. I've taken off the 4th. Based on current and data gathering from fivethirtyeight, these are why I took off on November 4th:

13% chance I will begin drinking (I don't drink at all)

87% chance I will spend my day trolling conservative news sites, conservative sub reddits, and conservatives on Facebook and Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    87% chance I will spend my day trolling conservative news sites, conservative sub reddits, and conservatives on Facebook and Twitter.
    You have to remember: This is 2020. Optimism is good...but the only thing I trust about this year is that it will continue to try and fuck over as many people as possible until the very end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, for wearing a shirt that isn’t even Biden’s campaign:

A poll worker was fired for telling voters to turn their 'Black Lives Matter' shirts inside out
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/us/po...rnd/index.html
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/1...ats-a-problem/

Great read. I've taken off the 4th. Based on current and data gathering from fivethirtyeight, these are why I took off on November 4th:

13% chance I will begin drinking (I don't drink at all)

keep in mind, sites like the economist, fivethirtyeight, cook political, etc etc, are not factoring in the extreme ratfucking trump plans on doing with his new meal ticket getting on the supreme court tomorrow. Trump might have a 13% chance of winning legit, I give him about a 50-60% chance of stealing it.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    keep in mind, sites like the economist, fivethirtyeight, cook political, etc etc, are not factoring in the extreme ratfucking trump plans on doing with his new meal ticket getting on the supreme court tomorrow. Trump might have a 13% chance of winning legit, I give him about a 50-60% chance of stealing it.
    I still feel people are giving Trump and Co way more credit for stuff than they actually deserve. IF we see states like Texas, Florida, and or PA go down on election night, it's game over for Trump no matter what he tries short of ordering Joe Biden and the Democrats to be executed.

I inserted the OR in there because any one of those three dropping is going to signal an epic EC gain by the Democrats by the time the counting is all finished.

I think if it were close, down to a couple of smaller states as being a sort of tie breaker in EC votes, Trump's ability to steal it would be far more likely.

At the end of the day, everyone just needs to get out and vote.

I still feel people are giving Trump and Co way more credit for stuff than they actually deserve. IF we see states like Texas, Florida, and or PA go down on election night, it's game over for Trump no matter what he tries short of ordering Joe Biden and the Democrats to be executed.

I inserted the OR in there because any one of those three dropping is going to signal an epic EC gain by the Democrats by the time the counting is all finished.

I think if it were close, down to a couple of smaller states as being a sort of tie breaker in EC votes, Trump's ability to steal it would be far more likely.

At the end of the day, everyone just needs to get out and vote.
    I agree, especially the last part. Vote turnout is so key, Biden is already planning on the ratfucking by having 100+ something lawyers planning for it, but the SC ruling on the Pennsylvania, isn't encouraging. I agree if it's a blowout it won't matter, but I don't think it's 87% chance it's gonna be that. I believe it's much much lower chance. I really hope I'm wrong and Trump won't be able to count on ACB to be a factor.

Also want to add this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...56c_story.html

Republicans always believe they're going to win because they believe some mythical being in the sky guides their path.

Obama beat Romney in that election 332-206

Vote total:
    Obama 65.9M
    Romney 60.9M

Let's look at the 2016 vote totals for shits and giggles:
    Clinton 65.8M
    Trump 62.9M

Trump was able to sway some 2m independents / dems to vote for him (that didn't turn out for Romney) and won an EC victory by the skin of his teeth in a few battleground states.

We are looking at the possibility of a record turnout throughout the US. Do you actually think Trump has done enough that a good portion of that record turnout is going to show up for him? Why are they turning out in 2020 for an incumbent but didn't turn out in 2016 when he ran as a political outsider?

i think i might have to concede this to ya. Something I learned long ago, never underestimate the stupidity of the american voter, but, this year might prove the exception to that rule.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    i think i might have to concede this to ya. Something I learned long ago, never underestimate the stupidity of the american voter, but, this year might prove the exception to that rule.
    I will be nervous until a major news organization calls one of PA, FL, or TX for Trump on election night.

I still look back at data from the last 30 years to give myself hope that we don't fuck it up like 2016.

So I guess GOP Chairwoman McDaniels went on Chris Wallace's show to give the Republican pitch for covid -

"Trump did great, sorry people are dying, but we're choosing to be optimistic and upbeat about this so we don't needlessly scare people. Joe Biden is trying to scare us with dark days ahead."

The fucking fantasy world these people live in. YES, THIS WILL GET WORSE AND IT ALREADY IS GETTING WORSE YOU FUCKING COWARDLY FUCKS. How many of them need to lose loved ones before maybe they start taking this shit seriously?

I saw Mark Meadows waving that white flag earlier, "We can't control a pandemic!" NZ would like to have words with you, fucko.

Bonus points for the folks that defend the Confederate flag as a symbol of patriotism following in the footsteps of the Confederacy and raising a white flag of surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yeah tell that to the people where I live. There are Trump flags everywhere: hanging off of houses, posted on the back of their trucks, hell I've seen a yard with 3 actual-sized flags side by side by side that were Trump (actual size like those bigger ones you see at govt buildings).

Trump signs line the roads here like friggin mile markers too. So idk who you're talking to or about
    More proof that Trumpers are just whiny Pretend Victims, Right Wing Tribalism is a cancer in America.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.