https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...p-his-campaign

President Donald Trump escalated his attacks on Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf on Monday, threatening to not come to the state’s aid as the deadly COVID-19 pandemic continues to plague it. “So Tom Wolf, next time give us a little notice, governor,” Trump said Monday at the Allentown rally appearance, claiming “your governor made it almost impossible for us to find any site” for the event. “And I’ll remember it, Tom. I’m going to remember it, Tom. ‘Hello, Mr. President, this is Gov. Wolf, I need help, I need help.’ You know what? These people are bad.”

Trump also falsely claimed the governor has “the whole commonwealth” shut down and continued spreading his baseless conspiracy theory that restrictions would be lifted on the day after the election, because he believes the moves are being used to hurt his re-election effort. Wolf has aggressively fought in court to keep outdoor crowd limits to 250 people as community spread of the coronavirus has picked up throughout the late summer and fall. New case numbers are beginning to rival April’s early peaks of the outbreak in Pennsylvania.

Trump has made a point of baselessly attacking Democratic governors of swing states during the pandemic. Wolf and the governors of California, Michigan, New York, and North Carolina have been his frequent targets. Trump has repeatedly called on the states to toss aside all restrictions, even though they have been eased since the earliest days of the pandemic.
    Mob-boss Trump is threatening to withhold aide to Pennsylvanians, Americans, if their governor asks for federal help.

Why? Because the states health rules made it "almost impossible" to find a place to hold a large-scale rally in the middle of a pandemic.

Just a reminder that Trump will gladly let Americans suffer if he deems they are not sufficiently loyal to him.

Also, continuing to spread lies that the pandemic will end after the election and restrictions will be lifted. Something that's not supported by anything other than his inane conspiracy theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Trump supporters on Twitter think Trump will win in a landslide, when 1. Every credible poll shows Biden winning by almost 8 points, and 2. Trump didn't win in a landslide in 2016, and has only gotten less popular since then.

They really are delusional.
    I mean you are dealing with a group of people who think Trump DID win in a landslide in 2016. So...yeah.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Biden holds an 8 point lead with only 8 days left, with 60 million people already voting.

I think we're gonna be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...p-his-campaign

Mob-boss Trump is threatening to withhold aide to Pennsylvanians, Americans, if their governor asks for federal help.

Why? Because the states health rules made it "almost impossible" to find a place to hold a large-scale rally in the middle of a pandemic.

Just a reminder that Trump will gladly let Americans suffer if he deems they are not sufficiently loyal to him.

Also, continuing to spread lies that the pandemic will end after the election and restrictions will be lifted. Something that's not supported by anything other than his inane conspiracy theories.
    In any other administration, withholding aid from Americans on the basis of political allegiance would be an impeachable offense.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Judge ordered a month ago, and backed by:

The Postal Service also has to provide a status report by Friday at 5 p.m. to inform “the Court of its efforts to comply with this Court’s instructions here and in the previous order.”
    Fan-fucking-tastic.

And even if he was actually referring to Bush, the only people who give a shit are trumpers flailing around trying to get something to stick. It won't

People misspeak all the time, no one actually cares all that much unless they are using it to their advantage.Trump calling Tim Cook Tim Apple wasn't the deciding factor in me not voting for him, and this won't matter to anyone who wasn't already voting for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    How seriously are both parties taking the election?

Biden sent Obama to Pennsylvania.

Trump sent Melania.

"So, it's the same speech, then?"

Yes, Melania is going to the famous Pennsylvania town of Atglen, where --

"The fuck?"

How have you not heard of Atglen? The population is like fourteen hundred whole people!

No seriously, this is likely the most central location the could get to pull in rural voters. The event will be hosted by Kellyanne Conway and will be the first I can think of where someone who caught COVID will host someone else who caught COVID and I can't wait to hear those questions get addressed.

Incidentally, while Melania handles Atglen in all its glory, Trump will hit several other states. He's low on options, he has very few people he would trust on this kind of task, but still, with PA being so important, you'd think he'd do more than drop her off and keep running.
    Well Biden was going to send Michelle but that would have been awkward because was going to give the same speech.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden holds an 8 point lead with only 8 days left, with 60 million people already voting.

I understand what you are getting at but..

No. We shouldn't act like we're going to be fine. We should still be pushing people to vote, maximizing turnout efforts, and running like Trump is up by 8 points instead.

Because we're not in a normal situation -- we have to overcome voter suppression and even possibly just outright attempts to steal the election outright. We can't afford to have people stay home because they think it's in the bag and we can't win by narrow margins.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Trump put Jared in charge of things and takes advice from him, why the fuck wouldn't;'t his comments be relevant?

Also, why go all the way to success, how about a fair living wage?
    You and I have had our share of differences, but we've always been on the same side of the equation. Faithless posters like @Donatello Trumpi aren't worth responding to, except perhaps for practice against literate adversaries. You're never going to get a "you're right", although it is nice to see him eat his own words.

I say this of course and I don't follow my own advice....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    No. We shouldn't act like we're going to be fine.
    Indeed, just because the finish line is in sight doesn't mean you take your foot off the gas. It means you burn every drop you have left.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

NO NO NO NO NO NO

We aren't fine until the votes have been certified and Biden's inauguration is scheduled. We have to fight every day, as hard as we can, because the other side is doing the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO NO

We aren't fine until the votes have been certified and Biden's inauguration is scheduled. We have to fight every day, as hard as we can, because the other side is doing the exact same thing.
    Very much this. Just. Keep. Voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Indeed, just because the finish line is in sight doesn't mean you take your foot off the gas. It means you burn every drop you have left.
    This is the world first, burn phase, you are 15% left, a few healers are dead or oom, but your dps is outstanding

And Hero/Lust is off cooldown.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another miscalculation by Biden on the cost of his proposals.....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...c-college-cost

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said that the government could provide four-year college educations for $150 billion, only for his campaign to later admit it would really be closer to double that amount.

During an interview that aired Sunday on CBS' "60 Minutes," Biden bragged about the number as a feature of proposed "significant institutional changes" that would include a 15% minimum tax on corporations, saying it would raise more than $400 billion.

"I can send every single qualified person to a four-year college in their state for $150 billion," Biden said. "I can make sure every single person who qualifies for community college can go and we still have a lotta money left over. That's what I mean by significant institutional changes.

"60 Minutes" noted that organizations like the Tax Policy Center have questioned the validity of Biden's claims that the corporate tax would raise that much money. His quoted cost of education was also off the mark, according to his campaign.

"After our interview, Mr. Biden's staff told us he misspoke, and that the cost of free public college could be twice as much as he said," CBS' Norah O'Donnell said in a voice-over after Biden's claim aired.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-10-26 at 06:40 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Very much this. Just. Keep. Voting.
    And pushing out "poll watchers" and volunteering to bring Biden Team attorneys on station Nov 3 food and coffee and be vigilant regarding news post-election day to ensure votes are counted. Stalin was right, and we need to make sure we don't let the Trump Crime Family literally steal this election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Another miscalculation by Biden on the cost of his proposals.....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...c-college-cost
    God you're adorable - we all just LOVE that you think Faux "News" is any kind of legitimate source of information. They are Donnie Dumb Dumb's state media. Stop linking things from there as if they are true. They are liars, and posting them, knowing that, makes you a liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said that the government could provide four-year college educations for $150 billion, only for his campaign to later admit it would really be closer to double that amount.

During an interview that aired Sunday on CBS' "60 Minutes," Biden bragged about the number as a feature of proposed "significant institutional changes" that would include a 15% minimum tax on corporations, saying it would raise more than $400 billion.

"I can send every single qualified person to a four-year college in their state for $150 billion," Biden said. "I can make sure every single person who qualifies for community college can go and we still have a lotta money left over. That's what I mean by significant institutional changes.

"60 Minutes" noted that organizations like the Tax Policy Center have questioned the validity of Biden's claims that the corporate tax would raise that much money. His quoted cost of education was also off the mark, according to his campaign.

"After our interview, Mr. Biden's staff told us he misspoke, and that the cost of free public college could be twice as much as he said," CBS' Norah O'Donnell said in a voice-over after Biden's claim aired.
    So they corrected a mistake? Oh the horror...fuck you Trumpkins are deplorably desperate.

Hey, don’t be mean. The supporter of a white supremacist and fascist leader is only trying to keep us informed! He doesn’t care about what he thinks, and is only focused on teaching his kids some good values. I’m sure those values don’t include supporting politicians that are criminals, misogynists, racists, rapists, potential pedophiles, incompetent and happy to let people die. Surely not. Or maybe. I’ve heard some things. You might find out very soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would have preference that instead of correcting him self, he should have doubled down and claimed he was lying so you don’t panic? 220000 dead people really could have used Trump correcting himself...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Considering the only American on the ISS is registered in Harris County, Texas, and considering she just voted early, does that mean there are technically two polling sites in Harris county? One for 4.7 million people, and the other for the remaining one person?

Hey, did he say he was giving up the fight against a pandemic, too?

I mean, this is, frankly, pathetic. You go after Biden for occasional flubs when speaking like getting a number wrong. Amusingly, Trump can't even get into specifics with his policies so I'll take the guy that can dish out a bunch of numbers and get the occasional one wrong other than, the "I'm a businessman. I do business deals and business things." guy.

Almost a quarter of a million Americans have died under Trump in less than a year due to a failed pandemic response, because there was no coherent pandemic response. Trump has openly advocated for and supported misinformation, conspiracy theories, and objective lies throughout this pandemic, directly contributing to the deaths of people who are stupid enough to listen to him for information.

Compared to a guy who got a number wrong? Yeah, I'll take the guy who got a number wrong. I can live with that, so can the millions of other Americans who won't have to plan funerals for loved ones because the president got a number wrong during an interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Considering the only American on the ISS is registered in Harris County, Texas, and considering she just voted early, does that mean there are technically two polling sites in Harris county? One for 4.7 million people, and the other for the remaining one person?
    That feel when it's easier to vote from a space station orbiting the earth than it is for tens of millions of Americans due to Republican ratfuckery.

Definitely not voting for Biden. Eff that guy now!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!