10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Don't look at DOW. Look at Tech. One example, Docusign stock is up 201% this year and third quarter revenue is up 44%.
    I made it through 2 interviews, about 2 years ago... Seemed like great folks... liked the people a lot... was disappointed...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What they did to Garland was not "how [our] Constitution works." They literally ignored the Constitution.

If they had given up on one of these seats, literally would no one would be talking about packing the courts now. And the court would be split 4-4, with a more-conservative-than-not Roberts as the swing vote.
    Which rule did they ignore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, short of a violent revolution, what do you propose? Don't get me wrong, I think the US could do with a revolution (non-violent) and a serious revisiting of a lot of the core foundations of this country and the assumptions we make based off of them. But that's unlikely, so we'll work with what we have until it becomes totally unworkable.
    I mean, not to put the finger in the wound, but I'm gonna drown a pound of salt in it if you don't mind...

If you lot keep tolerating stupid, because "muh free speech", don't be surprised if stupid feels empowered. Don't just nod and smile, tell them they're idiots. I know, that's too direct for you guys, and this is the result, everyone being very polite to each other and then shit like Trump happens.

The Purge is such a good movie in its social commentary...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    That’s assuming they will care to follow the rules to reject the election results.
    Would be a great way for a small portion of the government to openly declare themselves as illegitimate. Support for Trump isn't wide enough or strong enough to effectively flush the country down the drain like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I'm an atheist and I'm praying to whatever higher powers that might be out there that Trump loses in a landslide. I would have so much schadenfreude if Trump gets his wish of knowing the winner on election night and it ends up being Joe Biden. Seeing his cult melt down would be a bonus.
    One of the much smaller joys I would take from a Biden victory is going through all of the asinine replies from the MAGA cult I've gotten on Twitter and gloating to every single one of them. I would devote an entire day to it (unless the doc gives me the all-clear to go back to work next week--in which case I'll wait until the evening after I'm home). Time well spent for a little bit of catharsis before my first good night's sleep in ages. Then back to nailing Trump and his idiot followers to the floor daily for the shit he will no doubt pull before his exit in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Which rule did they ignore?
    The Constitution requires the Senate to accept and consider the President's nominations to the Supreme Court.

McConnell refused to consider it, because he knew there was no factual basis to reject Garland's nomination. It was a unilateral decision by one man, as opposed to an up-and-down vote by the actual Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Constitution requires the Senate to accept and consider the President's nominations to the Supreme Court.

McConnell refused to consider it, because he knew there was no factual basis to reject Garland's nomination. It was a unilateral decision by one man, as opposed to an up-and-down vote by the actual Senate.
    Oh but his logic is that they were allowed to do that!!!

Just have to book mark this for when the bitching begins on the expansion of SCOTUs members next year.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    What if Trump declares the election invalid
    He can't. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    More bad news for Trump: Despite Trump Worlds obsession with the "laptop from hell" as they stupidly called that non-story, more Americans think the Trumps are more corrupt than the Bidens.
    in other news a study from Harvard has confirmed that a majority of Americans can indeed identify their own ass from a hole in the ground.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This may be true in a lot of states, which could make the polls.....questionable...https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-their-support

A new poll in the battleground state of New Hampshire indicates that voters who back President Trump are far less likely to express their support publicly than those who back Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

More than 60% of Trump supporters questioned in a University of New Hampshire Survey Center poll say they won’t put a Trump yard sign outside their home or a bumper sticker on their car because of fears of vandalism. That number drops by approximately half for Biden supporters wary of placing yard signs on their lawns or bumper stickers on their vehicles.

The poll also indicated that more than 40% of Trump supporters in New Hampshire don’t talk to their family, friends or coworkers about their backing of the president. That number again drops by roughly half for Biden supporters asked the same question on sharing with family, friends, and co-workers their support of the former vice president in the White House race.

The survey also shows that 56% of Biden supporters said that most of the people they know also back the former vice president. Among Trump supporters, 70% said that most of the people they know also back the president.

Of course we need to wait and see what the results are after the election to know for sure if this was a factor in the polls.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-10-27 at 10:37 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This may be
    You're overdue on multiple 24-hour challenges. You at all intertested in defending Trump on anything? Or si this another drive-by post that turns out to be false, you know, like your last post?

This may be true in a lot of states, which could make the polls.....shaky...https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-their-support

A new poll in the battleground state of New Hampshire indicates that voters who back President Trump are far less likely to express their support publicly than those who back Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

More than 60% of Trump supporters questioned in a University of New Hampshire Survey Center poll say they won’t put a Trump yard sign outside their home or a bumper sticker on their car because of fears of vandalism. That number drops by approximately half for Biden supporters wary of placing yard signs on their lawns or bumper stickers on their vehicles.
    Ah yes, the silent majority angle... and yet republicans can't win a popular vote.

What if Trump declares the election invalid, and the SC rules him the winner?
    Then whoever the military/police back takes power, at the end of the day the constitution is a piece of paper, it has no ability to enforce itself.

that being said there is basically 0 chance of any large scale military/law enforcement backing of a trump coup.
    Last edited by Canpinter; 2020-10-27 at 10:40 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    USPS moved back their on-time delivery times for first class mail again. We might be at the point where mailed ballots will not be in on time, and I feel like a lot are still going out =/

Also lol, Missouri courts ruled you can't drop off an absentee ballot in person. Are Republicans supposed to be suppressing their own votes now?
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2020-10-27 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    in other news a study from Harvard has confirmed that a majority of Americans can indeed identify their own ass from a hole in the ground.
    Correction: A plurality of Americans can tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What if Trump declares the election invalid, and the SC rules him the winner?
    He essentially can't do that. There is no mechanism in place that allows him to "approve" the election. It's entirely state based.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Ah yes, the silent majority angle... and yet republicans can't win a popular vote.
    Well, here in the states, the majority of the votes does not matter when it comes to Presidential elections. Or did you not know that? Been that way for over 200 years.

And a large enough silent group of voters did make the difference in the 2016 election.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    USPS moved back their on-time delivery times for first class mail again. We might be at the point where mailed ballots will not be in on time, and I feel like a lot are still going out =/

Also lol, Missouri courts ruled you can't drop off an absentee ballot in person. Are Republicans supposed to be suppressing their own votes now?
    That's the GOP's final attack pre ballot counting. Keep as many mail-in ballots out as possible. Deplorable to the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, here in the states, the majority of the votes does not matter when it comes to Presidential elections. Or did you not know that? Been that way for over 200 years.
    Yep - those slavery based laws are super helpful nowadays - you Cult Worshipers love it when land votes rather than people. And conveniently for your ilk, the only way a GOP candidate can win an election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    That’s assuming they will care to follow the rules to reject the election results.
    Except the Supreme court and Trump can't just randomly opine and say "nope, sorry, election invalid" and have that mean... anything. That holds no legal weight. Trump has zero say in who the next president is, and no one is forced to listen to anything he says on the matter. In that same vein, the supreme court only tries legal cases that cannot be ruled on in lower courts and are passed up to them. They can't just stand on the steps of capitol hill after election day and say "that was nice, but we're just gonna call this a Trump win." That would mean absolutely nothing. They would need to rule on court cases passed to them whose results influence whether Trump wins or not.

Trump has been able to get away with a lot of stupid bullshit, but that's just the thing... it's stuff he was able to do surreptitiously, get caught doing, and then get let off scot-free because the republicans refused to hold him accountable or it was ruled that courts "couldn't opine on the legality of these past actions of a president" re: his involvement with Russia. He didn't seek legal approval of and then get away with doing that; he just broke the law and did it.

The things of dubious legality that Trump has to go through legal channels to do, he's been a colossal failure at. Look at his court case track record when attempting to sue or coerce other government bodies into doing his bidding or in attempts to conceal his taxes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So you have a poll that claims Trump supporters told the pollster they don’t identify publicly... not sure why you think it changes polls which aren’t done in a public setting typically...
    Also, why are Trump supporters afraid to admit they like Trump? Aren't there rallies, crowds, people yelling Trump's name? That doesn't look afraid to me.

Come on man,....does Biden know who he is running against? Good thing he has his wife sitting close to him, so he can get some hints....

This is a lie. And the fact that you posted a fucking tabloid, is hilarious.