So there's a hurricane hitting FL this week... possibly hitting the panhandle.

That wiill be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seeing as all I’m hearing in the news right now are reports of skyrocketing Covid cases, I doubt this incident will move the needle much.
    Again, Europeans cannot grasp how fucking big the US Pennsylvania is.

Again, the drive from Pittsburgh to Philly takes some time. It's like 4 laps around Belgium.

/s
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-10-28 at 08:21 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Ahh McEnemy going with the "he was a low level coffee boy" route.

This is a good sign for Michigan

https://www.clickondetroit.com/decis...s-senate-race/
    Poll: Gary Peters opens nearly 10-point lead on John James in Michigan US Senate race
    Local poll and probably some correlation with how Biden is doing there.

10+ Year Old Account

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Let's hope it stays that way.
    Aside from attacking the election directly (HELLO WISCONSIN) the biggest risk remains being overconfident. I live in NY, as likely to go red as I am to be killed by satelite debris while banging Graham's wife, but you know I already voted and have asked all my colleagues if they have. I'm working on a polite way to tell my American students too (my online courses are pretty popular overseas, contextually speaking)

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Aside from attacking the election directly (HELLO WISCONSIN) the biggest risk remains being overconfident. I live in NY, as likely to go red as I am to be killed by satelite debris while banging Graham's wife, but you know I already voted and have asked all my colleagues if they have. I'm working on a polite way to tell my American students too (my online courses are pretty popular overseas, contextually speaking)
    Agreed. Everyone should vote as if they are the only one voting. Don't rely on someone else or think your vote isn't as important.

Leave no vote behind.

You should also remind people that voting by mail at this point is no longer feasible. Either drop the ballot off at an official drop box/election office or find a time to vote ASAP in person. With the Wisconsin decision the current SCOTUS has shown it's not above disenfranchising citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Agreed. Everyone should vote as if they are the only one voting. Don't rely on someone else or think your vote isn't as important.

Leave no vote behind.
    Also even if you are in some deep red or deep blue district still go out and vote make sure the local and senate/house candidates you want get all the votes they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    This is a good sign for Michigan

https://www.clickondetroit.com/decis...s-senate-race/

Local poll and probably some correlation with how Biden is doing there.
    in michigan dont think theres any way john james can win, hes publicly distanced himself from the president,even in a recent ad on tv so the trump cult will make sure to not vote for him, basically solidifying his defeat. https://twitter.com/DavidEggert00/st...59541294972929

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I sincerely doubt anyone in the Delaware Valley is going to switch their vote at the last second because a Police shooting led to a looted Walmart. Beyond the valley, nobody in the state gives a damn about Philadelphia unless it gives them a reason to shit on it.
    This is what I'm seriously watching for the last week of the election. Need some high turnout in Philly/suburbs for Biden to secure the bag. I would think the shooting in Philly might actually *help* turnout in places like my old neighborhood on Chestnut in West Philly.

Karl Rove says Trump needs African-American turnout to be low in Pennsylvania to win.

Not sure if I should laugh at the lack of irony or cry that in these days and age there are people that still think like that.

The Quote

Trump's "gotta hope for three things to happen. That turnout in Philadelphia remains at the 2016 level, particularly in the African-American community. And that he keeps those counties that he flipped last time around and continues to grow his margin in the balance of the state. You gotta do all three to keep Pennsylvania in his column," Rove said during an interview with Fox News program America's Newsroom on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-10-28 at 09:29 PM.

Well the big blue polling crate is out of the storage and sitting in the lobby to be open and set up on Nov 3rd. Not so worried about my presidential vote, because the state is going to biden, but 100% voting yes on the fair tax referendum, and I hope my fellow Illinoisans do too!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No one is overconfident. No one is taking this lightly. People are petrified.

But it does seem like Trump has his plans to throw out as many votes as possible, and Kavanaugh, who has previous experience in this from the Bush 2000 election, has indicated that he is ready to use every bit of power he has to get Trump reelected. Presumably, Barret, who he worked with in 2000, is 100% behind Kavanaugh's efforts.

Hopefully the margin of victory for Biden will be too large to tamper with.

This is from Esquire:

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...t-bush-v-gore/

Title: Amy Coney Barrett Knows Exactly What She Did in 2000

By Line: The Supreme Court nominee would be the third(!) sitting justice, alongside Brett Kavanaugh and John Roberts, who worked on the Republican side of Bush v. Gore.

KLOBUCHAR: I want to turn to something we talked about yesterday... You worked on the recount in Florida that was related to the Bush v. Gore case, including on an absentee ballot issue on behalf of the Republican side of that case, is that right?

BARRETT: I did work on Bush v. Gore on behalf of the Republican side. To be fully honest, I can't remember exactly what piece of the case it was.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2020-10-28 at 09:38 PM.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/trump...-n-word-video/

Trump supporters always seem so nice and mature and adult and respectful and I'm actually not serious holy shit this woman genuinely seems like she needs treatment for some kind of mental health issue.

And if one cannot be diagnosed then we can always "diganose" her with "Being a racist bitch", which I believe is going to be added to the DSM-VI or VII. (/s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    So there's a hurricane hitting FL this week... possibly hitting the panhandle.

That wiill be interesting.
    nah. That area will probably get some tropical storm force stuff, but nothing serious. At least not as far as that goes. It's mostly hitting Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/gra...?cone#contents

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    nah. That area will probably get some tropical storm force stuff, but nothing serious. At least not as far as that goes. It's mostly hitting Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/gra...?cone#contents
    QUICK, SOMEBODY GET A SHARPIE!

Seriously though, I hope it's not too bad and that state and federal disaster resources are ready to be mobilized to support people.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/28/polit...ors/index.html

These comments were from APRIL.

These people are so wholly unqualified for this job it hurts. Their incompetence and callous lack of empathy and care for Americans has lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths, many of which could have been prevented were they not so arrogant.
    Dang I missed this and just realizing this now. He also admitted in the same interview, of the hostile takeover of the republican party from trump, by throwing away policy in favor of pissing people off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully a good sign, here.

Axios: Supreme Court won't expedite Pennsylvania GOP's request to block mail-in ballot extension
    The Supreme Court voted 5-3 on Wednesday to deny a bid from Pennsylvania Republicans to expedite their request to shorten the deadline for receiving mail-in ballots. Newly confirmed Justice Amy Coney Barrett did not participate in the decision.

Why it matters: A lower court ruling allowing ballots to be counted until 5 p.m. on Nov. 6, as long as they are postmarked by Election Day, will remain in place for now.

Between the lines: Conservative Justices Alito, Thomas and Gorsuch wrote in a separate opinion that it's too close to the election to take up the case, but it could still be reviewed after the election if late-arriving ballots make a difference.
    • Earlier on Wednesday, Pennsylvania's state government directed election officials to separate ballots received before and after 8 p.m. on Election Day in case the Supreme Court decides the late-arriving ballots must be thrown out.
    • While Alito leaving the door open for a fast post-election decision will spark some concern among Democrats, only two of the eight judges who considered the case concurred with him.
    • The court last week was deadlocked 4-4 on a previous request from Pennsylvania Republicans to shorten the deadline to Election Day. The GOP likely filed another motion because the court now has a ninth justice, according to elections expert Rick Hasen.

Worth noting: "Justice Barrett did not participate in the consideration of this motion because of the need for a prompt resolution of it and because she has not had time to fully review the parties’ filings," according to a statement from the Supreme Court's Public Information Office.

The bottom line: There's a real chance that Pennsylvania — and thousands of ballots that don't arrive until after Election Day — could decide who wins the presidential election.

Read the statement from Alito, Thomas and Gorsuch.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.dailydot.com/debug/trump...-n-word-video/

Trump supporters always seem so nice and mature and adult and respectful and I'm actually not serious holy shit this woman genuinely seems like she needs treatment for some kind of mental health issue.

And if one cannot be diagnosed then we can always "diganose" her with "Being a racist bitch", which I believe is going to be added to the DSM-VI or VII. (/s)
    Yeah but it's the deranged authoritarian leftists we need to be worried about. You know, with all those kidnapping plots and vehicular assaults and vigilante shooters and armed poll watchers and calls for violence-... Wait, no, that's been right wingers.

...Uhm... I got banned on twitter for calling someone a slur and that clearly means the liberals want to take away my freedom??