Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    What did he say to justify attacking his income?
    why did you report that bank robber, and attacking his income!!!

why did you report that guy stealing at your job and attacking his income!!!

why did you report that manager for sexual harassment of the female staff with dick pics, and attacking his income.

get it yet?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If the Democrats win Texas, it will save the Republican party. They'll have to think about what they did wrong and become the Grand Old Party again, focusing on smaller government, lower taxes, and personal responsibility.
    They were supposed to do that in 2008 when they got swept away, and again in 2012. We ended up with the astroturfed tea party and Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    But that isn't a winning strategy right now. That's why they are losing!
    Sometimes you have to forfeit short-term gains for long-term gains. I can think of 401k examples.

North Carolina with 86% of 2016 total vote count turned in (56% of the state total registered voters).

- - - Updated - - -

Arizona with 81% of 2016 total vote count turned in (61% of the state total registered voters). Btw, according to Sienna College, Biden lead Trump by 25 pts with Arizona independent voters.

If the Democrats win Texas, it will save the Republican party. They'll have to think about what they did wrong and become the Grand Old Party again, focusing on smaller government, lower taxes, and personal responsibility.
    The last time the Republicans tried to be self reflective, they ignored everything and the world got Trump.

Not all that pertinent, but interesting perspective nonetheless.

Your travel history is linked to who you're voting for in 2020

More than half of the respondents who said they visited another country preferred the Democratic presidential nominee by 9 percentage points.

Similarly, those who have traveled outside of North America were 13 percentage points likelier to vote for Biden.

Voters who have lived in different states for a long period of time, who made up 23% of respondents, also leaned toward Biden by 12 percentage points

This breakdown comes from an aggregation of nine polls taken between August 8 and October 12. All told, the polls combined to 10,077 respondents, 8,623 of whom indicated they were registered to vote and 8,321 of whom said they would likely do so. Respondents were asked about who they intended to vote for in November as well as a number of other questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Not all that pertinent, but interesting perspective nonetheless.
    I mean I think it's pretty relevant in that it's directly related to why the American public continually votes against its interests.

They were right when they said that the USA is mostly people who have never left their home city or state telling everyone else that it's the best country in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

They built the wall.

Sorry, I should have been clearer; they built a wall in NYC entirely out of Trump's lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    They were supposed to do that in 2008 when they got swept away, and again in 2012. We ended up with the astroturfed tea party and Trump.
    Yeah.

If Democrats win Texas, it won't save the Republicans, because they'll have basically become the Whigs.

10+ Year Old Account
    AHEM

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Even if they lose, introspect, they don't learn. Remember the 2014 autopsy?
    THEY
    DONT
    LEARN

even if Texas goes down, they'll still double down
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The last time the Republicans tried to be self reflective, they ignored everything and the world got Trump.
    Yeah if I were to look back on my thoughts in 2016 after Trump's victory, the thing I was most wrong about isn't anything about Trump... he's been about as horrid as I'd thought he'd be... it's me being wrong about the republicans at large having any sort of spine, decency or compunction.

I'd hoped that Trump's predictably terrible presidency would work to bring democrats and republicans together in their hatred for him and the country would be able to move forwards; I posted a few things hoping for as much. But it's evident at this point that the crop of republicans currently sitting in congress exist only to perpetuate their party and nothing else, and will go to any length to do so, including promoting the obvious, even to them, dumpster fire that is Trump so long as his presence gives their party a solid anchor to shove through justices and fill nominations and give themselves tax breaks.

Every time Trump has done something monumentally stupid or detrimental to the country, they don't fold their support for him. They keep doubling down and doubling down and doubling down, no matter how deep in the hole they get.

Here's hoping that on the third, they go bankrupt.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sarah Palin... Trump is the kitchen sink...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes you have to forfeit short-term gains for long-term gains. I can think of 401k examples.
    The only long-term gains the republicans are interested in are shoving through obstructionist actions, whether through policy or judges.

McConnell and the like aren't interested in the "soul of the republican party." The only morality I can even remotely twist from their actions is that they simply believe that what they're doing is "right" by merit of them having done it, and that by doing the rather abjectly bad things of condoning Trump and by tacitly supporting him and working to abrogate the electoral process and degrade democracy that nonetheless the "ends justify the means" for them.

Either that or they're just bald-faced, power hungry kleptocrats. But the distinction doesn't really matter so long as they refuse to have an iota of self reflection and so long as they keep acting the way they do, regardless of the motivation... they, as a political party, need to be phased out.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-10-30 at 10:55 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Stuff like this makes me think that may not be necessary though.

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/...22064825180161

- - - Updated - - -

My grandfather lives in Australia, but we'd prefer NZ as well.
    I was reading this tweet, and saw this: https://electoralpolls.com/north_carolina

Posted as a reply to that tweet. If this is true, it will be great to see North Carolina help Biden win.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I was reading this tweet, and saw this: https://electoralpolls.com/north_carolina

Posted as a reply to that tweet. If this is true, it will be great to see North Carolina help Biden win.
    Yeah maybe consistently attacking the governor who looks like polling has him up by 19 points, not the best strategy.

I really hope things improve with the Black and Latino vote come election day.

Biden Aides See Warning Signs in Black, Latino Turnout So Far

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I really hope things improve with the Black and Latino vote come election day.

Biden Aides See Warning Signs in Black, Latino Turnout So Far
    I hope they show up to in person voting but I’m skeptical minorities have been told for years that voting doesn’t do anything.

My older step siblings just vomited that belief at any chance they could get and still live by it.

I know people are saying Trump could win again because he won in 2016 when nobody thought he had a chance, but his win was a perfect storm of a fired up base, an unpopular opponent, and cheating.

I just don't see Trump catching lightning in a bottle again.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I know people are saying Trump could win again because he won in 2016 when nobody thought he had a chance, but his win was a perfect storm of a fired up base, an unpopular opponent, and cheating.

Not that one, but now there are other lightning in a bottles, so to speak, that he could catch. Voter intimidation, cheating people out of their vote, voter suppression, and court packing have caused quite a storm. It is still very much in the air whether we can weather these storms or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post

Well, the cheating part has increased so there's that to take into account.

Well John Ralston believes that Trump needs a miracle in Nevada or the GOP changing up the electorate in their favor for Trump to win at this point based on EV and MIV totals.

John Ralston knows his shit, so we can sleep easy on Nevada.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...-voting-blog-3
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-10-31 at 12:34 AM.