Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    google says its 248 v 214 , doesn't that mean 214 has to be very lucky to win?

not sure how usa voting works...
    Are you trolling? The internet is literally full of information on this. I'm not sure why you have to come here with shit one liners asking completely basic questions repeatedly. This isn't google.

Right now the states Biden is leading in gives him 270. Nevada is the big question and apparently they won't be updating any info until tomorrow (bizarre), there are rumors of Arizona going back red I have no clue Google still shows Biden with a good lead there. But none of it matters if PA flips today.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not that it will matter. Republicans will likely control the Senate and McConnell ain't pushing a M4A plan through. And I honestly don't even know if there are the votes in the House for it, Reps. vote their constituency, and not all their constituencies will want M4A.

On this, no. But in general, it remains the most progressive state that leads the way on a range of issues.

And I'm all for replacing the CA head of the NAACP given her conflict of interest with her consulting firm. That's gross nonsense.

Easy, because it is not a core progressive policy and is still fairly new territory to most voters (the gig economy is still new), and having the pro-Prop 22 camp dump $150M+ into it and get the endorsements of groups like the CA NAACP and MADD (single issue group) helps them.

I disagree here. It may go away, but it's a building block towards M4A.

Slowly chip away at insurance companies and strengthen the ACA, continuing to expand access and tighten the screws on insurance company profits while improving the quality of plans and reducing the overhead. Far smarter people than I are already working on this.
    Biden said it himself, he would veto it. As for if they want it, well polling suggests its popular among all parties. But, you know, Etna and Bluecross blueshield don't like it, they prefer the "You are legally required to buy our product and fork over money for substandard services" that is the ACA.

Prop 22 simply reveals the naked truth, Cali, is just an Uber Liberal state, it isn't some stepping stone towards any sort of Leftist political project.

And No, it isn't easy. Because aren't we told these groups like the CA NAACP and MADD are like, allies or the people Lefties are supposed to look at as the good guys yet a Silicon Valley Oligarch was able to buy their loyalty and legions of good little Liberals voted in kind. Gutting labor rights for the promise of slightly cheaper rides.

You keep saying "It is a building block" but how? How is it a building block towards that? Like explain the steps, because you keep asserting it is without actually explaining it. And how exactly does Biden chip away at the people whose money funded his win and for whom he promised "Nothing would fundamentally change?"
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-11-04 at 09:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Looks like the Libertarian took a fair amount in a few states, yet I never hear Republicans chastising libertarians. Trump gets those near 40k votes and he would have probably won Wisconsin.

https://ballotpedia.org/Presidential...isconsin,_2020
    Not yet. If Biden wins, give it a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Shame liberals who gave them money. The Lincoln Project raised almost $70 million from mostly liberals. Any liberal who gave Republicans money to resurrect the Republican party should be shamed.
    You got a receipt on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    All that liberal money went to... resurrecting the Republican Party. Good job guys, you did it.

https://twitter.com/Angelux1111/stat...65473575624704
    You're telling me that bunch of Republicans who used the Democrats to take out their trash (while thinking they had a new best friend) weren't actually allies

Shocked I tell you..I AM SHOCKED!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Around 70-80% of Americans support keeping abortion legal, but conservatives don't. Should Democrats give up on supporting abortion because conservatives don't, even though Americans overwhelmingly support it?

Around 80-90% of Americans support gun control, even though conservatives don't. Should Democrats give up on supporting gun control because conservatives don't, even though Americans overwhelmingly support it?

Around 70% of Americans support single payer healthcare, even though conservatives don't. And yet somehow, it makes complete sense to liberals to not support it, even though Americans overwhelmingly support it, and they agree that they shouldn't give up on supporting other issues like abortion and gun control that Americans overwhelmingly support it.

Make it make sense to me. If Americans overwhelmingly support something, why should Democrats not support doing that thing???
    On a purely mathematical point of view, and in an extremely polarized bipartisan setting, those high percentages don't mean much if they don't encompass the very same people.

If not, at the extreme, by plotting them on Venn Diagrams, you might have only about 50% that will support those 3 divisive topics (out of my head, did not do the math).

From my understanding as an external observer, you might have significant chunks of the electorate that might shun the party focusing on all 3 points over 1 point even tough they'd support the 2 others.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    My biggest fear is Nevada that's it in terms of the Presidential race, am I wrong to be concerned?
    I'm worried too, it's a state that went in Hillary in 16, but the fact that Trump is still so close to Biden means I don't believe in any state to do the right thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame liberals who gave them money. The Lincoln Project raised almost $70 million from mostly liberals.
    Endus is right it's called a coalition something more rare in the states, more common in other democratic countries. The point is Republicans against Trump Showed up, considering how difficult that was concerning a nearly 90% approval with Trumpsters.

Should Biden WIN, I am alright with having worked with Republicans.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If Trump takes 4 out of the 5 remaining uncertain states + Alaska, he can win. Biden just needs 2 out of 5, and right now both MI and NV are leaning towards him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Are you trolling? The internet is literally full of information on this. I'm not sure why you have to come here with shit one liners asking completely basic questions repeatedly. This isn't google.
    Reported for being very rude. Not everyone knows about other countries election systems.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You got a receipt on that?
    https://www.opensecrets.org/news/202...ncoln-project/

Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    My biggest fear is Nevada that's it in terms of the Presidential race, am I wrong to be concerned?
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...eneral/nevada/

Thats all I can find, as I am terrified myself. So Biden was 5.3 going in, its close now. Can anyone expand on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I'm worried too, it's a state that went in Hillary in 16, but the fact that Trump is still so close to Biden means I don't believe in any state to do the right thing.
    For the xth time. The outstanding votes are mostly in LV and reno. I don't know why people are having trouble with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame liberals who gave them money. The Lincoln Project raised almost $70 million from mostly liberals. Any liberal who gave Republicans money to resurrect the Republican party should be shamed.
    Again, that was literally always their goal.

Heck, a lot of them are probably liberals, given that classical liberalism is right-wing conservativism.

Their short-term goal was defeating Trump. Sharing that goal justifies aiding them in achieving it. It doesn't mean you support their long-term goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Well when they said they will wait until tomorrow to give us a final count is when my worry was realized, I also know they allowed some polling precincts to stay open later because of some issues.

I am really hoping the only votes left to count are mail in and lean Biden.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

That doesn’t say what you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    For the xth time. The outstanding votes are mostly in LV and reno. I don't know why people are having trouble with this.
    It's really fun that ever 3 page is dedicated to answering all the same questions.

I'm seriously looking forward to unplugging after this and forgetting that politics exists for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, that was literally always their goal.

Heck, a lot of them are probably liberals, given that classical liberalism is right-wing conservativism.

Their short-term goal was defeating Trump. Sharing that goal justifies aiding them in achieving it. It doesn't mean you support their long-term goals.
    "Democratic donors giving lots of money and resources to Republicans who support Republican candidates for future elections is actually fine"

do you people even hear yourselves

do you even want Democrats to win????