10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    The house makes the call. Is that mathematically possible at the moment without some series of impossible vote changes?
    No, no it is not. No combination of uncalled states results in a tie.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Can't imagine why Trump hates democracy

Nah, he's clearly hating on certain vampire from Sesame Street.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Plan for Biden to lose, be happily surprised if he doesn’t.
    About the only way to handle this election and have a grip on sanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If it’s a tie Biden wins.
    And if Trump supporters get all uppity about crooked pelosi or whatever... she can claim “the popular vote went to Biden, and we believe that should be the determining factor in this election.”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

tHAT'S another thing good about this thread. You get to find out who to ignore on this site and the right wing crazies to block on social media
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Nah, he's clearly hating on certain vampire from Sesame Street.
    Which happens to like counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    If it is a tie Biden loses. The GOP controls more state delegations in the house.
    A law by the way that is based on slavery and racism from back then. It just seems... these small states that are mostly red... seem stuck... stuck in another time and want to still use the laws of slavery to exert power upon a country that doesn't like their ideas.

Allegheny County, PA still has 35,413 uncounted mail-in ballots, but elections staff is taking today off for "administrative work" and will not resume count until Friday. "I can't get an answer as to why,'' says @bethanyhallam, a member of county elections board.
    https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/stat...561126401?s=19

I understand 4hr work day is a long day. Take the rest off, only Democracy in the balance
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That’s after the 2020 results?
    Since the GOP gained seats, it is presumably still true. Wouldn't matter anyway, because it would be the current congress that votes, not the new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I understand 4hr work day is a long day. Take the rest off, only Democracy in the balance
    If this was, say, a board game, I'd understand if each state was waiting on one of the others to go first and make themselves the target.

I hope that's not what's happening here. Being afraid to reveal the results of legally-cast votes, for fear of violence, is giving in to terrorism. Which right now, Team Trump is performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/stat...561126401?s=19

That is a joke. But not shocking at all for this country. This should have been done yesterday.

GA - R 2,432,925 D 2,414,781 99% reporting. Is it enough left to flip?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    GA - R 2,432,925 D 2,414,781 99% reporting. Is it enough left to flip?
    60k votes left to count. Biden needs to win 63% of them. So yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If this was, say, a board game, I'd understand if each state was waiting on one of the others to go first and make themselves the target.

I hope that's not what's happening here. Being afraid to reveal the results of legally-cast votes, for fear of violence, is giving in to terrorism. Which right now, Team Trump is performing.
    What could fix all this mess is to have the same deadline to vote but the count is kept secret for one week. Then release all results at once. No state knows what the other has or doesn't have and there isn't this up and down roller coaster as votes are counted by the minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    That is a joke. But not shocking at all for this country. This should have been done yesterday.
    There is no requirement for the States to deliver the results ASAP. It's generally accepted that it'll be a week or more before an official count is finalized, and that's been the case for every single election the USA has ever had.

The only difference is that the lead's usually significant enough that it's easier to call earlier in the race. This is a nail-biter not because vote counting is slow, but because the race is so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    He's also the biggest twatstain on the internet, so it's not surprising.
    He was also a president once. Comes with the office I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman said that his state’s ballot-counting process is “drawing to a close” and believes that the outstanding ballots will deliver the state's 20 electoral votes to Joe Biden.

As of Thursday morning, Pennsylvania had about 768,000 ballots remaining that needed to be counted, which Fetterman said in an interview on MSNBC would be enough to "probably deliver our Commonwealth to the [former] vice president at this point, based on previous modeling of how those ballots have been performing with respect to, whether it's for the [former] vice president, or the president.”

While Fetterman declined to predict when he believes his state would finish counting, he indicated that it was possible it would be done by Thursday evening.

“Things are drawing to a close,” said Fetterman, who reiterated that the outstanding ballots in his state will be favorable to Biden’s chances to carry Pennsylvania, which Trump won in 2016.

Asked about any irregularities from the election in his state, he said it’s been “incredibly smooth” and suggested that the only issue has been the lawsuits the Trump campaign is mounting.

“You have the Trump campaign showing up on our corner in Philadelphia like some sad carnival barker, making outlandish claims,” he said. “That's the only problem.”
    Fetterman is a well-respected PA moderate, well-educated, and a long-term mayor. Hopefully he knows what he's doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    What could fix all this mess is to have the same deadline to vote but the count is kept secret for one week. Then release all results at once. No state knows what the other has or doesn't have and there isn't this up and down roller coaster as votes are counted by the minute.
    That also sounds like a board game.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    60k votes left to count. Biden needs to win 63% of them. So yes.
    Wouldn't this be automatic recount territory? So no real decision either way?

Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman said that his state’s ballot-counting process is “drawing to a close” and believes that the outstanding ballots will deliver the state's 20 electoral votes to Joe Biden.

Fetterman is a well-respected PA moderate, well-educated, and a long-term mayor. Hopefully he knows what he's doing.

- - - Updated - - -

i hope hes right
    still very nervous about arizona closing in, AP gonna get in alot of trouble calling it early for biden if trump edges out

True but it's the difference between poker and russian roulette