Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well If I didn't convey my obvious bias as a Democrat and over all not blaming any party particularly. My Apologize

I am just legitimately angry at what a cluster fuck this turned out to be yes EVEN with Biden Winning. I am beyond happy about that, I am livid that this is how it had to come down. As i said again, I accept what you said as to the reason why.

My point is really after the pandemic, and getting the country where it needs to be we NEED to fix this and no more putting it on the back burner. And hopefully if Trumpsters and Republicans are pissed off enough, we can set aside politics and just fix this.

My proposal.

Mail in Ballots need to be incorporated into the process. Security and Efficiency being the top priority.
    Understood, the only thing we had issue at that I know of was you trying to assign blame to both sides when it was one sided or asking to work together to fix it when it is intentionally done by one side to benefit them.

As for addressing it, we have a LOT that needs to be done but likely won't happen so long as those who broke still have the power to prevent it from being fixed. So will take a few more years till their less informed voter base dies off and they are stuck relying solely off of racists, religious zealots and uneducated people who lack critical thinking skills and too scared to think for themselves.

Once they lose that support enough that they cant block anything, than it could potentially be a tidal wave of problems actually being able to be addressed eventually, assuming the Democrats finally grow some balls that don't shrivel and invert the moment they get power.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I think that the only thing useful that this administration has done, is this:

Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Its going to be a tough adjustment to make.
    Hahahahaa I almost always disagree with you but I understand this feeling.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    1902 Georgia votes separate them!
    1775 now, you are already late

36.5k difference in PA

36,000 .5% still 100k+ in philly and Pittsburg

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    36,000 .5% still 100k+ in philly and Pittsburg
    Philly has around 70k. And in total there are around 200k mail in ballots left.

Under 26k now in PA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Under 26k now in PA.
    The margin between Biden & Trump I assume?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    You don't want more than one state to be the first primary, it is too difficult for a large number of candidates to make themselves known to voters in the first place, spreading that out across two states makes it even harder.

Let NH move up to where Iowa is now, move PA or GA (or both) to where NH is now, and move IA to Super Tuesday.
    Just move to ranked choice voting and remove the need for primaries at all. Problem solved, then you can have 5+ of every party and 3rd parties run and whatever and no primary needed and no way to funnel donors to all them to that extent but to be honest, I would also ban donors and move to public funding where they all get a set budget.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You've been doom and gloom this whole election
    Yes I have, thanks for noticing. It might have to do with the fact that, four years later, someone who did nothing but lie, cheat, steal and hurt people, got away with all of it, and now he and his family and friends are suggesting insurrection and murder in public, while mobs inspired by hin are literally beating at the doors of polling stations.

And people are saying "well he got away with everything for four years, but this time there'll be consequences!"

Math applies to predictable, logical situations. This is neither. "If this trend continues" should no longer be used to the adulterer who won the Christian vote, the bankrupted six times businessman who won the CEOs, the guy who screwed farmers winning the farmers, and the guy who partied with the Taliban winning the Republican nomination.

I'll believe it when it actually happens. Until then, if you're looking for proof the average American has come to their senses, the fact that we don't know if the dictator has won yet tells us all this isn't the thread where you'll find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    If I understand correctly, the current makeup of the Senate (not including the 2 Georgia seats), is 50-48 Republican.

In Georgia, there will be 2 runoff elections in early January for the 2 Senate seats since no one got over 50%

If the democrats get both, then it will be 50-50 in the Senate, so Kamala Harris would be the 51st vote to break ties.

Presumably, the two democratic Senate candidates will do about as well as Biden did in the Presidential election.

Being 2020, Christmas will be brutal in Georgia this year. Not one, but two Senate races for all the marbles with lots of campaign money flowing from the whole country, not to mention the rest of the world weighing in as well. Political ads will DOMINATE the airwaves.
    Not yet. Couple of Senate races not called.

Currently sitting at 48-48

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Under 26k now in PA.
    I think u mean 36k?

10+ Year Old Account
    God, I love maps and good data visualizations.

WTF O'ahu!!
    Government Affiliated Snark

It seems Philly has finally started dropping numbers. Trump's lead is going to evaporate a lot faster now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I think u mean 36k?
    MSNBC said that election officials in PA told Democrats that the expected Biden to overtake Trump as the leader in PA by 4-5 AM. He has steadily been cutting into Trumps lead.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    If I understand correctly, the current makeup of the Senate (not including the 2 Georgia seats), is 50-48 Republican.

In Georgia, there will be 2 runoff elections in early January for the 2 Senate seats since no one got over 50%

If the democrats get both, then it will be 50-50 in the Senate, so Kamala Harris would be the 51st vote to break ties.

Presumably, the two democratic Senate candidates will do about as well as Biden did in the Presidential election.

Being 2020, Christmas will be brutal in Georgia this year. Not one, but two Senate races for all the marbles with lots of campaign money flowing from the whole country, not to mention the rest of the world weighing in as well. Political ads will DOMINATE the airwaves.
    It’s going to be fucking madness. That being said, if Biden does win this I think that benefits the Dem candidates in the run offs. Sure, the solid GOP voters will show, but I think Trump true believers that aren’t otherwise politically engaged outside of ‘TRUMP!!’ might not show up.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Even if that makes it easier for everyone over all. Politics are politics but with Trump losing, I would think Trumpeters and Republicans would leap at a chance to being able to use mail in voting as part of their process of getting more voters.
    No, that works against how the run. While it might get them some more votes, it would get the Democrats proportionally more due to how each demographic operates which puts that as an automatic no for them. There is a reason why they also try to push for Voter ID laws, because they then try to push ways to strategically make them harder to get.

So no, the Republicans won't push for that unless it thinks it gets them more votes then it brings in to the democrats in that process. Their basic reasoning is that large turn outs favor the democrats while the lower ones favor them because their voters are more reliable.

Slightly off on your numbers.

NC isn't called yet, and there is a possibly (albeit remote) for Tillis to be ousted when the votes update next week.

Currently it's 48 R 46 D 2 I with NC, AK, and 2xGA left to call.

GoP is all but guaranteed AK. NC is a moonshot but technically possible. GA runoffs will be a complete shit show.

Either way, 50+1 is all you need, so if Dems can win big in the runoffs, we can have an actual legislative agenda, with Harris as a frequent tiebreaker.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2020-11-06 at 03:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post

WTF O'ahu!!
    I heart Alaska... nobody home...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I think u mean 36k?
    Politico updated to agree with you...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I heart Alaska... nobody home...

- - - Updated - - -

Politico updated to agree with you...
    23k now. Trust me.