Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    It's not a 90/10 trend in Philly?
    It's been as high as 95:5 in Philly.

Realistically the Philly batch isn't going to get us quite there. We need a few thousand more for it to flip.

PA is so fucking slow.

A lot of people wanted to give Nate Silver and 538 shit for their models, but they weren't bad at all. Considering the number of Trumpsters who lied in the polls, their models have been largely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You’d be surprised. A lot of military families are pretty religious, and religious people tend to be Republican. Like, my youngest daughter (11) came home yesterday saying her friends wanted to Trump to win because Biden believes in “killing babies” (abortion), which you know they’re just parroting what their parents say/think.
    Except we have data on it. In 2018 military votes in Georgia went 71:29 to Abrams.

They're also already counted. We're only waiting on the hundred or so that are arriving after election day.

10+ Year Old Account
    You’d be surprised. A lot of military families are pretty religious, and religious people tend to be Republican. Like, my youngest daughter (11) came home yesterday saying her friends wanted to Trump to win because Biden believes in “killing babies” (abortion), which you know they’re just parroting what their parents say/think.
    It’s pretty crazy how many different directions that can go, in the current political climate. I would have assumed pizza gate, if not for the clarification.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Well, when the President insults one of the greatest Marine Corps generals in history, and mocks dead soldiers... military members tend to get a bit pissy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    There are another 30k left in Philly after that 20k, but another 150k or so left across PA.
    Thanks.
    /10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    A lot of people wanted to give Nate Silver and 538 shit for their models, but they weren't bad at all. Considering the number of Trumpsters who lied in the polls, their models have been largely accurate.
    Yeah, I have been talking shit about him, but that might have been the red mirage? Let’s get to the finish line first... I have hope, but not much else.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Trump is so loathed by Republican politicians behind closed doors that I seriously doubt he'll get any support here.

He has no allies, thanks to his bullying style. Trump is vulnerable now and they won't hesitate to slide a knife into his back, especially as they look set to keep Senate control.
    If they can make money off of it, some will. Lindsay Graham was trying to drum up donations last night on Fox both for Trump's legal defense fund and himself.

A lot don’t even know about that stuff, they’re just happy for pay raises, which tend to come (more) from Republicans, even though Trump didn’t want to do it.

Their train of thought is mostly, Republican=more money, so they tend to vote for them.
    You are saying military members are ignorant.

Oh, and active duty military members don't vote much at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If Biden otherwise pulls of an electoral college victory, trump, in order to flip electors, would have to convince the then democrat-appointed electors of enough states to just vote for him instead.

I find that hard to believe he’d accomplish. Even more so if Biden secures PA while maintaining GA/NV/AZ.
    And if Trump does steal an election that Biden has fairly won, there will be riots in the street. This is "how to start a civil war 101"
    Putin khuliyo

Absolutely.
    You sound a lot like Trump...

I've spent the last month or two reconnecting with the folks I grew up with back in Nebraska - they're all church people, because we all met in church, and I was the black sheep that ditched the crowd. But I was really taken aback by the fact that ALL OF THEM are voting Trump, and it's exclusively because of abortion. Literally nothing else in this race matters. It is 100% abortion for these people. It wouldn't matter if Trump personally killed Jesus so long as he's anti-abortion.

I think the only thing he got wrong was colouring PA a bit too blue. I think he recently updated it to "leans" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pa just flipped

its finally fucking over!

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN Reporting Penn gone blue

Agreed! If we had an effective and modern voting process and Biden won Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, AND Georgia all on election night, people wouldn't be saying boo about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/s...10866516905984
    Decision Desk HQ projects that @JoeBiden
    has won Pennsylvania and its 20 electoral college votes for a total of 273.

Joe Biden has been elected the 46th President of the United States of America.

Race called at 11-06 08:50 AM EST

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I kinda hope some of them do a little soul-searching if/when their Bronze Idol topples, despite how hard they prayed.
    Gold idol is more evocative and Trump is trying to get a golden hue, it just looks bronze to cover up all the liver spots. He is obsessed with gold...

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahha PA flipped, here we go

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden now UP 5.5k in PA.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils