10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Stop with this nonsense. The SCOTUS is not going to set that kind of precedent, and while I know a lot of people whine about how they are conservative heavy, they are not all Trump supporters. They have voted against Trump's interests multiple times. This is over.
    Indeed. None of Trump's lawsuits have had merit in any court why would it even go to SCOTUS?

Joe won legitimately, there's no way for Trump to win at this point. SCOTUS won't pull a win out for him, it won't go to Congress. Biden won.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Trump is VERY likely to win this thanks to the Supreme Court

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ce/ar-BB1asZSx

Kavanaugh embraced a legal theory that could let Republican-controlled state legislatures override results certified by Democratic officials. That argument, developed by three conservative justices in the 2000 Bush v. Gore case, says the Supreme Court should intervene in a presidential election dispute even when a state court is interpreting its own laws.

Citing that opinion, Kavanaugh pointed to a constitutional provision that says state legislatures get to determine how electors are appointed to the Electoral College, the body that formally selects the U.S. president.

“The text of the Constitution requires federal courts to ensure that state courts do not rewrite state election laws,” Kavanaugh wrote. He was one of three current justices, including Roberts and Barrett, who worked as lawyers for Republican George W. Bush in the 2000 election fight.

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Michigan all have Republican-controlled legislatures and Democratic governors, creating the possibility those states could send dueling slates of electors to the Electoral College in the event of a disputed election.

Straight up point blank. Kavanaugh clearly says federal courts can and WILL override state courts and state law and permit state legislators to send the GOP set of electors regardless of the count.
    1> There is no "dispute" in these results, to begin with. The rantings of a narcissistic madman do not qualify as "dispute".

2> The Supreme Court deciding to interfere in the election because they personally dislike the outcome for partisan reasons is a move without any precedent whatsoever. It's a move that would justify impeaching every single justice who voted for it, on those grounds alone, because doing so is essentially sedition. Which is, y'know, a crime.

If you think SCOTUS is going to manipulate results to cheat a win for Trump, or that they'll be free to do so without repercussions even if they try, you're completely delusional.

5+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to everybody whose candidate won, apologies to those whose candidate did not.

To clean things up fairly, this thread will likely close some time within the next few weeks for any final post election and final vote discussion people wish to have.

Edited for clarity
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-11-07 at 05:47 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamushi View Post
    I hope that it would be possible to at least begin to make some progress on those issues with Biden and hopefully more even senate.
    but even if it could make it through congress, it then needs 70-75%(I don't remember the exact number) of state govs to vote for it as well
    and the GOP red states would NEVER go with it
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

I assume it can be quite explosive for a while now, hope everyone will be able to stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Just you, the divisions are always there. Times like this just make them obvious
    Mhm, too bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Nevada and Pen flipped... glorious... 290 without GA... Trump needs to sue at least 2 states... ass hole...

Oh and I just had the best talk with my dad since he became a Trump supporter. He called me after the win... that’s how I found out... Fuck you Trump!!!!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Congrats to everybody whose candidate won, apologies to those whose candidate did not.

To clean things up fairly, this thread will likely close some time next week for any final post election and final vote discussion people wish to have.
    so we'll need to start a new thread for the GA senate votes? and discussion on the polling?

I get wanting to sunset this thread, but maybe hold off till January (if it doesn't wither on its own)
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Kavanaugh embraced a legal theory that could let Republican-controlled state legislatures override results certified by Democratic officials. That argument, developed by three conservative justices in the 2000 Bush v. Gore case, says the Supreme Court should intervene in a presidential election dispute even when a state court is interpreting its own laws.

Citing that opinion, Kavanaugh pointed to a constitutional provision that says state legislatures get to determine how electors are appointed to the Electoral College, the body that formally selects the U.S. president.

“The text of the Constitution requires federal courts to ensure that state courts do not rewrite state election laws,” Kavanaugh wrote. He was one of three current justices, including Roberts and Barrett, who worked as lawyers for Republican George W. Bush in the 2000 election fight.

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Michigan all have Republican-controlled legislatures and Democratic governors, creating the possibility those states could send dueling slates of electors to the Electoral College in the event of a disputed election.

Straight up point blank. Kavanaugh clearly says federal courts can and WILL override state courts and state law and permit state legislators to send the GOP set of electors regardless of the count.
    whatever helps you sleep better at night man.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Oh man, I wonder how the change of office will go... I remember it being very awkward when Obama and Trump did it. I wonder if Trump won’t participate or something.

I look forward to watching it.
    Knowing Trump..
    It's going to be the biggest shitshow in history, it will be the best television EVER.

At long last, Steve Kornacki can rest. May his slumber be peaceful for the next 4 years, until he is summoned once again.

na na na na
    na na na na
    hey hey hey
    goodbye

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Oh man, I wonder how the change of office will go... I remember it being very awkward when Obama and Trump did it. I wonder if Trump won’t participate or something.

I look forward to watching it.
    Hopefully handcuffed and pushed to the back seat of a police car.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    so we'll need to start a new thread for the GA senate votes? and discussion on the polling?

I get wanting to sunset this thread, but maybe hold off till January (if it doesn't wither on its own)

It'll be discussed and adjusted for any new events that arise in the coming days, but it's a heads up so people are aware when the thread is eventually closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post

I would think Jan 21st would be a fine day to lock this thread.

As if we haven't had a peaceful transition of power by then, the new thread will be aptly titled "Trump Refusal to Leave Office Megathread".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, Hillary conceded on the 7th... Jill Stein of Green Party filed a claim, but Hillary was not part of it.

There has never been a reaction like Trump’s in US history... there is no whataboutism for this...

- - - Updated - - -

They intentionally lies... one of them admitted it earlier in the thread. Trump supporters hung up or lied on polls...
    Yeah, that poster also supports terrorism and racism, so I don't expect much from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Biden will never been my president
    Because you are not american and don't live in america?

You Trumpsters are getting desperate.

To clean things up fairly, this thread will likely close some time next week for any final post election and final vote discussion people wish to have.
    What about the GA runoffs? A new thread will be open for it?

10+ Year Old Account

As a suggestion and in no way a criticism; I know full well why threads like these gotta get shut down. But could you perhaps hold off until the final numbers are confirmed? That could take a couple weeks, especially with likely recounts. Any discussion of those recounts is still gonna be election discussion, and if you shut this thread down, someone's just gonna start another one.

Once those final recounts are complete and the numbers confirmed, though, yeah, totally makes sense to shut 'er down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I would think Jan 21st would be a fine day to lock this thread.

As if we haven't had a peaceful transition of power by then, the new thread will be aptly titled "Trump Refusal to Leave Office Megathread".
    oh please, if that happens, they'll just charge him with tresspassing and drag him out

though in my dreams, Id want
    https://youtu.be/qvJeATp31dw