10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Because you are not american and don't live in america?
    I called these comments silly back in 2016 when Trump was elected. Trump was the President of the country. Acting like he's not yours because you don't like him is silly. He's accountable to YOU. He controls YOUR nation.

Trump was my President, which gave me every right to take him to task for every stupid thing he said, tweeted or claimed.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Republicans are finally signaling their defection. This is it. It was a long four years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    oh please, if that happens, they'll just charge him with tresspassing and drag him out

though in my dreams, Id want
    https://youtu.be/qvJeATp31dw
    There's got to be a slightly bigger crime for a President refusing to leave office than Trespassing.

Like Treason.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Any discussion of those recounts is still gonna be election discussion, and if you shut this thread down, someone's just gonna start another one.
    Yeah, that's why it seems counter productive to me, better to let this linger slightly too long than lock it too soon.
    /s

I don't even have anything to say. I wish I did but I don't.

Congrats, I guess.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Republicans are finally signaling their defection. This is it. It was a long four years.
    Four years too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    just hope they don't get away with another "Great Retcon" like after Iran-Contra, and Iraq
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    There's got to be a slightly bigger crime for a President refusing to leave office than Trespassing.

Like Treason.
    from my understanding, treason requires aiding some enemy

it might be insurrection, but Im not a lawyer, nor am I willing to play one online
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been celebrating since it was announced, just wanted to come back and say that this thread has actually been great. Very informative and good discussion, thanks to the math nerds who have been scraping data and keeping counts!

Also, the absolute horrible look of Trump golfing while he loses an election in the midst of a pandemic and civil unrest. I know he's probably just strategizing with lawyers, but it looks really fucking out of touch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Tbf trump wasn't my president either.
    I don't care. You're factually wrong (unless you're not American). And after 4 years of Trump, I am ever so tired of people who think their beliefs trump facts.

Just, be kind.

Like Treason.
    can't treason much if people simply stop giving you the nuke codes etc, at that point he's just a civilian with a big mouth. would be very very amusing it it got that far though.

i guess the most realistic thing to happen perhaps would be his biometrics to open some door or w/e not working anymore and the press catching that on camera.

to all my like minded friends we've all made along this journey, we did it. To the concern trolls, #dealwithit

15+ Year Old Account
    What an outrageous year.
    Covid, tons of celebrities dead and now Trump lost the election.
    Biden is so old they will have to harvest even more blood from the kids.
    RIP children in the US.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-11-07 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    can't treason much if people simply stop giving you the nuke codes etc, at that point he's just a civilian with a big mouth. would be very very amusing it it got that far though.
    Unfortunately, he is still the technical President until Jan 20th. At this point I'm more concerned with him and his children and his sycophants raiding everything they can get their hands on until that time.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Congrats to everybody whose candidate won, apologies to those whose candidate did not.

To clean things up fairly, this thread will likely close some time next week for any final post election and final vote discussion people wish to have.
    You might want to reconsider this given that the "legal" challenges from Trump's side will likely continue for a while. Unless you want a separate thread started for that.

EDIT: Sorry, this thread is moving fast and I didn't realize several others had already essentially made the same point.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-11-07 at 05:38 PM.

Unfortunately, he is still the technical President until Jan 20th. At this point I'm more concerned with him and his children and his sycophants raiding everything they can get their hands on until that time.
    yeah the time between when he truly accepts he can't win and the inauguration will be quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Trump is VERY likely to win this thanks to the Supreme Court

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ce/ar-BB1asZSx

Kavanaugh embraced a legal theory that could let Republican-controlled state legislatures override results certified by Democratic officials. That argument, developed by three conservative justices in the 2000 Bush v. Gore case, says the Supreme Court should intervene in a presidential election dispute even when a state court is interpreting its own laws.

Citing that opinion, Kavanaugh pointed to a constitutional provision that says state legislatures get to determine how electors are appointed to the Electoral College, the body that formally selects the U.S. president.

“The text of the Constitution requires federal courts to ensure that state courts do not rewrite state election laws,” Kavanaugh wrote. He was one of three current justices, including Roberts and Barrett, who worked as lawyers for Republican George W. Bush in the 2000 election fight.

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Michigan all have Republican-controlled legislatures and Democratic governors, creating the possibility those states could send dueling slates of electors to the Electoral College in the event of a disputed election.

Straight up point blank. Kavanaugh clearly says federal courts can and WILL override state courts and state law and permit state legislators to send the GOP set of electors regardless of the count.
    You got banned fast af but what you're saying that says, doesn't even say that. It doesn't say a single damn thing about federal courts doing anything. It talks about state legislatures. If electors from a state don't follow their state results, that would result in mass riots and chaos without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    What an outrageous year.
    Covid, tons of celebrities dead and now Trump lost the election.
    Biden is so old they will have to harvest even more blood from the kids.
    RIP children in the US.
    I cannot tell if you are seriously pushing Qanon stuff, or doing it ironically.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    The Supreme Court is going to overrule any state objections and allow the states to send the GOP electors. This is exactly what the Kavanaugh said.
    No. It's not.