Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    OMG no post from Trump on Twitter since the news broke... this is a preview of the near future...
    I do like how his last one was:

I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!
    [Official sources may not have called the race when this was Tweeted]

I wonder if Twitter is holding a competition to see who gets to be the one to actually ban his account. Imagine the fundraising opportunity.

5+ Year Old Account
    No one is going to tell him, they are going to wait until he watches TV.

If Trump had promoted things like masks from the start it would have made a huge difference. Millions of people, for better or worse, listened to him. If Trump had just set a better example many thousands of lives would have been saved.

Biden can set a good example. He can put competent people in charge of handling the work that needs to be done instead of the joke task force from Trump. He can encourage and help states and local governments. A huge difference can be made without having to issue some kind of decree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I do like how his last one was:

I wonder if Twitter is holding a competition to see who gets to be the one to actually ban his account. Imagine the fundraising opportunity.
    The best part, that link leads to a page of people celebrating a Biden win...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Biggest sore loser in history.
    One of the replies in that thread is golden.

https://twitter.com/Mary39082265/sta...912193/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’m not sure what more Biden can do when it comes to a state level. If we are talking masks, then the states already have the power to do that. If it is federal, what is a federal mask mandate going to do? Who is going to enforce that beyond what is already being done? If cops in NY or CA aren’t enforcing it now, what is going to change? If there’s something new, I’m all for it, but if it’s “do what smart people have been saying the last 9 months”, what is going to make people listen now?
    Better leadership, better organization, better infrastructure, not contradicting good health advice, not discrediting his own experts, not muzzling the CDCs, having a task force that actually works on the problem, etc.

Yeah, he can't force compliance on the state level, but it will probably make at least some difference if the White House isn't constantly broadcasting a message that goes against those efforts and emboldens those who do not want to put in any effort. It is worth remembering that Trump was actively undermining those governors that sought to exercise their powers, which isn't completely negligible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Better leadership, better organization, better infrastructure, not contradicting good health advice, not discrediting his own experts, not muzzling the CDCs, having a task force that actually works on the problem, etc.

Yeah, he can't force compliance on the state level, but it will probably make at least some difference if the White House isn't constantly broadcasting a message that goes against those efforts and emboldens those who do not want to put in any effort. It is worth remembering that Trump was actively undermining those governors that sought to exercise their powers, which isn't completely negligible.
    Yeah, Biden won’t tweet storm LIBERATE and then bitch that those states have spikes in cases.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post

He can in fact force compliance on the state level to a certain extent.

"Okay states, here is a block grant for COVID-19 related spending. This is contingent on immediate adoption of a mask mandate and social distancing rules."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    One of the replies in that thread is golden.

https://twitter.com/Mary39082265/sta...912193/photo/1
    Bad optics......

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If Trump had promoted things like masks from the start it would have made a huge difference. Millions of people, for better or worse, listened to him. If Trump had just set a better example many thousands of lives would have been saved.
    If Trump had been a decent person, these past 4 years in general would have been a lot different. I mean...we still would have gotten the same shitty Republican policies, but at least we wouldn't have had the Toddler in Chief constantly rubbing salt in the various wounds his party was causing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Trump probably can't pardon himself, but he could resign tomorrow and Pence could do it with zero recourse whatsoever. They would have to name what he is being pardoned for (which would be a LONG list). It also wouldn't protect him from state level prosecution so SDNY would just nail him to the wall.
    SDNY is federal. You mean the NYS AG's office.

Also, I'm not sure what you think "...preside over the senate..." means. The "right of first recognition" is informal. It's tradition that the vice president recognizes the senate majority leader as first to address the senate (and all the derived power that entails). I don't think Harris will do anything but maintain that tradition though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    There can be climate change action without GND. Reimplementation if Obama's Clean Power Plan, rejoining the Paris Accords, etc.

Biden has stated he wants 100% carbon neutral grid by 2030 and 100% carbon neutral everything by 2050.

Except to see more grid scale solar and wind incentives, and incentives for residential and commercial rooftop solar.
    i doubt that anyone could seriously still trust US words about this. yes, nice, but if every 4 years your administation flip flop every deal then they are meaningless...

OMG no post from Trump on Twitter since the news broke... this is a preview of the near future...
    Hopefully. The last thing the media and the general public should do is to keep giving Trump's tweets attention. He will not longer be president in about 2 months, his statement is no longer that of a POTUS. Hopefully, he goes the way of Hillary and just "disappear". There was the common reply of "Hillary lost, get over her" and I will apply that to Trump as well.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy... in part because it’s time for my worst character flaw... by far...

Hahahaa yeah I am a petty bitch too, but I need rest.

Honestly I am looking forward to a BORING President one that isn't a moron, and saying stupid shit at the wee hours of the morning. Someone lame and listens to Science and Actual Experts more than anything.

The Sharks the Wolves are coming for Trump, his lies are going to do him in with all the dark deals he's made. I think personally him finding out Putin has never been his friend.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    SDNY is federal. You mean the NYS AG's office.

Also, I'm not sure what you think "...preside over the senate..." means. The "right of first recognition" is informal. It's tradition that the vice president recognizes the senate majority leader as first to address the senate (and all the derived power that entails). I don't think Harris will do anything but maintain that tradition though.
    Technically it would be the District Attorney of Manhatten not SDNY or AG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Can you name a single time that Trump did anything that wasn't for his base? A decision or poliocy that showed that he was the President of the "United States"
    You really can't, Trump never had any intention to be the "President of the United States".
    Which has nothing to do with my point.

The fact that Trump didn't do anything that wasn't for his base doesn't mean he's not your President. This line of thinking leads to the "What have you done for me lately?" view which is just incorrect. The President is not obligated to do anything that particularly benefits you, or any group of people really. The fact that Trump didn't do anything "for" people outside his base doesn't mean he still isn't those people's President. They still have power over him, they are still affected by his decisions even if negatively, he is still their President.

He's just not representing their interests. But by that logic, the President (no matter who they are) can never be the President of the whole country, since he will always not represent someone. And that's just silliness.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Technically it would be the District Attorney of Manhatten not SDNY or AG.
    James has been the one who has been headlining the news about the subpoenas. So I'm referencing her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    James has been the one who has been headlining the news about the subpoenas. So I'm referencing her.
    It's been Cyrus Vance for the taxes. James with the Trump Organization. Technically both.

I hate the media.....come on this shit should have been reported weeks if not months ago.

• Senior campaign and GOP officials vented that Trump’s finance team, led by former Fox TV host and Donald Trump Jr. girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle, underperformed and was an HR nightmare. Trump couldn’t compete with Biden’s small-dollar fundraising machine, and some donors were horrified by what they described as Guilfoyle’s lack of professionalism: She frequently joked about her sex life and, at one fundraiser, offered a lap dance to the donor who gave the most money.
    Meanwhile, Stepien was telling people privately that he saw his job as safely landing a plane that was going through turbulence. The campaign manager felt he had inherited a flawed campaign and that he didn’t have the time to fix it. As he cut costs, he and others in Trump’s orbit were now counting on a familiar savior: the mega-donor Adelson.
    By that point, the pro-Trump America First Action super PAC had been raising money for two years. But there were widespread doubts about the group in the donor community. Big givers saw it as a dumping ground for ex-White House officials like former press secretary-turned-“Dancing with the Stars” contestant Sean Spicer.
    And at an event in Jackson Hole, Wyo. earlier this year, Guilfoyle and the younger Trump joked about how she raised money while in hot tubs. Another attendee presented a slightly different version, saying that whoever in the audience raised the most money would be offered a hot tub party with Guilfoyle.
    Well article is really really long

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Which has nothing to do with my point.

The fact that Trump didn't do anything that wasn't for his base doesn't mean he's not your President. This line of thinking leads to the "What have you done for me lately?" view which is just incorrect. The President is not obligated to do anything that particularly benefits you, or any group of people really. The fact that Trump didn't do anything "for" people outside his base doesn't mean he still isn't those people's President. They still have power over him, they are still affected by his decisions even if negatively, he is still their President.

He's just not representing their interests. But by that logic, the President (no matter who they are) can never be the President of the whole country, since he will always not represent someone. And that's just silliness.
    I get what you're saying, but Trump was literally threatening blue states.
    Last edited by passingthrew; 2020-11-07 at 07:15 PM.