10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Turns out it wasn't the Four Seasons hotel, but the Four Seasons Landscaping firm..
    Indeed, their recent reviews are hilarious. Most are predictably either "why do this?" or "best platform for manure" One "they eat babies" which I think was a little much. Then there's this one:

I called to get a quote on repairing a hole in our lawn. The man who answered the phone was speaking Russian and all I heard in the background was a lot of loud sobbing. So much crying. Big tears. Huge.
    What we're seeing here is Cancel Culture, also known as "Capitalism". It is not being done by the government, or the media. It's being done by people making sure that your actions have consequences for your wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted this in the other thread but it belongs here too.

Trump said that there would be a press conference for his lawyers at the Four Seasons.

Turns out it wasn't the Four Seasons hotel, but the Four Seasons Landscaping firm. Conveniently located next to an adult bookstore. A reporter on the scene says they had to move landscaping equipment aside to set up.
    Like, you know Giuliani just looked up "Four seasons" in the Yellow Pages (Google? You think he knows what Google is?) and called the first number that came up, without checking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Like, you know Giuliani just looked up "Four seasons" in the Yellow Pages (Google? You think he knows what Google is?) and called the first number that came up, without checking it.
    But they both still said yes!

I'm sure he used Yahoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...x-postelex.cnn

So apparently Trump was out golfing when the election was called for Biden?

That's like, the most fitting end to the election possible.

I'm just going to assume that's a joke and not really where he had his conference? Or...did I miss it? Fuck where's my covfefe
    Its where he was planning the morning one, like right before Pennsylvania was called. Of course after it was Trump didn't bother showing up, he sent out Giuliani instead to yell conspiracies at reporters and tell everyone Trump won't concede.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    The VP can't even address the floor without the consent of the Senate. The presiding officer (whoever is running proceedings on any given day) has to recognize them and allow them to take the floor.
    So, there's actually a difference between "addressing the senate" and what we're talking about. Have you ever gone to a meeting that employed robert's rules? I'm assuming you have (the senate, obviously, doesn't, but the concept is similar). The guy that adjudicates all the nonsense about points of order is the presiding officer. They're not formally addressing the meeting when making those decisions.

The senate is seriously a body that lacks a ton of formal rules. They're not like the house. And yeah, the vice president is the guy who formally has the job of presiding officer (though they can also delegate that authority IIRC). Here's a link that talks a bit about the powers of the majority leader derived from right of first recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Both Nevada and Pen flipped... glorious... 290 without GA... Trump needs to sue at least 2 states... ass hole...

Oh and I just had the best talk with my dad since he became a Trump supporter. He called me after the win... that’s how I found out... Fuck you Trump!!!!!!
    Funny enough, it was the same for me. My father called while I was asleep, and that's how I found out. Though differently my dad and me have been shitting on trump together for over 5 years now.

Indeed, their recent reviews are hilarious. Most are predictably either "why do this?" or "best platform for manure" One "they eat babies" which I think was a little much. Then there's this one:

What we're seeing here is Cancel Culture, also known as "Capitalism". It is not being done by the government, or the media. It's being done by people making sure that your actions have consequences for your wallet.
    My wife laughed for a good solid ten minutes. And she keeps finding new quotes or pictures from the event and it sets her off again. It's probably the first time either of us has had a decent laugh this past week and the floodgates have opened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Its where he was planning the morning one, like right before Pennsylvania was called. Of course after it was Trump didn't bother showing up, he sent out Giuliani instead to yell conspiracies at reporters and tell everyone Trump won't concede.
    He sent Giuliani...to a landfill.

(inhales)

(exhales)

Okay. Sounds about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Well, again, as I said in the other thread, it's conveniently located next to an adult bookstore so Giuliani has somewhere to fish in his pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    My wife laughed for a good solid ten minutes. And she keeps finding new quotes or pictures from the event and it sets her off again.
    I've been so stressed -- some of you have been really helpful with that, thanks to everyone who isn't ignoring me -- that at this point, I'd laugh at the phone book.

But yeah, we saw the same thing to Trump's properties at Mar-a-Lago. I think some people just don't remember the internet exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    Well, I guess i need a new sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    I'm guessing Trump wanted to book the Four Seasons hotel for his little last minute press stunt, but got the Four Seasons Landscaping Company's parking lot instead. Kind of poetic really.

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/statu...844601863?s=21

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0261...7i16384!8i8192
    Because this is a story that warrants being told in full:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...87011464749056

https://twitter.com/FSPhiladelphia/s...02014964109312

His team totally accidentally booked a junky parking lot instead of the Four Seasons hotel.

This is absolutely the cherry on top of all this.

It's where Giuliani ranted about courts deciding the election (instead of, you know, the people). They kept the cameras focused on him so you couldn't see the location.

I mean...I'm biased because I lived through this one. There were some real disasters in US history. Trump did damage, no question bottom ten probably bottom five, but James Buchanan or Andrew Johnson both have a shot at this. Or, of course, William Henry Harrison.
    Oh, come on. Harrison did not do a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    This picture is perfect. Skroe is looking on approvingly, and I'm sure Breccia who is using a similar avatar as Skroe... ahhhh i'm so happy today

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I've been clear on my stance. While I don't walk lockstep with the left on some issues. I've never hid my distain for trump. If anything it was cemented during his anti-science tirade(s) during the pandemic. Really trump's whole legecy is division and an unpopular tax bill.
    If you took that as a personal jab, I apologize; you weren't one of the posters I was referring to, there.

And seriously, if I were gonna call you out, I'd do it full-on right to your face, I wouldn't try to imply it passive-aggressively to avoid taking heat in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So, there's actually a difference between "addressing the senate" and what we're talking about. Have you ever gone to a meeting that employed robert's rules? I'm assuming you have (the senate, obviously, doesn't, but the concept is similar). The guy that adjudicates all the nonsense about points of order is the presiding officer. They're not formally addressing the meeting when making those decisions.

The senate is seriously a body that lacks a ton of formal rules. They're not like the house. And yeah, the vice president is the guy who formally has the job of presiding officer (though they can also delegate that authority IIRC). Here's a link that talks about the powers of the majority leader.
    So the VP gavels in the session, then cedes the floor to a Senator (typically the majority leader) to run the show.

I'd really like to see Harris just not recognize McConnell when opening the session.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

He sent Giuliani...to a landfill.

(inhales)

(exhales)

Okay. Sounds about right.
    No no, landfill is a couple streets down. He sent Giuliani to a cremation center.

(super cereal)

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0265...7i16384!8i8192

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They kept the cameras focused on him so you couldn't see the location.
    Standard Trump trick so you don't see all the empty grass, or plants in the audience.