10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    So it looks like there are parties in cities across the nation celebrating Trump's defeat. The party in New York is even larger than Trump's inauguration. I'd say I feel bad for the orange cheetoh having to face this, but after all the damage he's caused, fuck it, I hope he cries.

Though I will say, these massive parties are bad for the covid situation.
    Hopefully, like with the protests, people will wear masks. Not only is it safe and responsible, it’s also yet another way to give the middle finger to Trump!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Politico needs to relax with it projected cabinet list but we can talk about that tomorrow.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yes, this is also very true. Trump didn't create these racist idiots, he just politically activated them and gave them the confidence to come out of hiding and take off the hoods.

Here's a 2008 video of an uneasy McCain actually defending Obama from obvious future Trump supporters at a rally while actively running against him in the race for president.

These people have always been around. McCain took their mics away and corrected them, where Trump amplified and goaded on their ignorance and hatred.

Also a good reminder of how much shit changed in the last 16 years. I hate that McCain's campaign helped legitimize the Tea Party to get him the nomination, but before that I quite liked him, and I also feel like McCain posthumously helped win this election in AZ, so that's pretty rad.
    Not just the Tea party but the legitimization of the insane crazy aspect of the party with sarah palin as his running mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Then the deep state has officially won and they go into either victim mode, whining like adult babies, or they start a possibly-violent tantrum. For the sake of everyone I hope its the former.
    I think it’s far more likely they come up with yet another level of the 87-dimensional chess Trump must be playing and how that all fits into his plan.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Trump is VERY likely to win this thanks to the Supreme Court

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ce/ar-BB1asZSx

Kavanaugh embraced a legal theory that could let Republican-controlled state legislatures override results certified by Democratic officials. That argument, developed by three conservative justices in the 2000 Bush v. Gore case, says the Supreme Court should intervene in a presidential election dispute even when a state court is interpreting its own laws.

Citing that opinion, Kavanaugh pointed to a constitutional provision that says state legislatures get to determine how electors are appointed to the Electoral College, the body that formally selects the U.S. president.

“The text of the Constitution requires federal courts to ensure that state courts do not rewrite state election laws,” Kavanaugh wrote. He was one of three current justices, including Roberts and Barrett, who worked as lawyers for Republican George W. Bush in the 2000 election fight.

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Michigan all have Republican-controlled legislatures and Democratic governors, creating the possibility those states could send dueling slates of electors to the Electoral College in the event of a disputed election.

Straight up point blank. Kavanaugh clearly says federal courts can and WILL override state courts and state law and permit state legislators to send the GOP set of electors regardless of the count.
    Nope, there is no case to go to the Supreme Court. There is no evidence of fraud, and if they allow electors in red states to override the will of the people, there will be people rising up against those electors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Remember how the ENTIRE 2016 elections, @Ghostpanther said he would have voted for Biden over Trump as a very right wing Democrat, because Trump is crazy, but he was forced to vote for Trump because he hated Hillary? It was kinda strange to see him pull a 180 on Biden, but well, I'll at least give him props for not jumping on board the "I never liked Trump anyway and was always for Biden". Yet.
    nah he will continue to collect his benefits and prob get 1200 dollars, extra stamps, bump in SS, additional improvements in VA services, saving medicare from being privatized, etc etc.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Supreme Court is going to overrule any state objections and allow the states to send the GOP electors. This is exactly what the Kavanaugh said.
    Don't give a flying fuck what the rapist said.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why Guiliani is up there right now parading a slew of poll watchers telling tales of the corruption. The GOP is building a case to have the GOP set of electors sent.
    You mean the poll watchers that didn't show any signs of corruption? Yeah, bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think it’s far more likely they come up with yet another level of the 87-dimensional chess Trump must be playing and how that all fits into his plan.
    I mean, of all the things about Trump this is the one element I just don't get: he's some kind of super Lex Luthor/Tony Stark hyper-genius and his plans are so complex and convoluted that we just can't possibly understand it.

Is it a spin off of the religiosity of many Republicans? The whole "God is responsible for everything even the bad stuff but he has a plan behind everything and that plan is good so therefore all the bad things are actually good things?"

Or is it a cover for the fact that deep down they find Trump to be totally whacked, but they've been using what they're selling they couldn't possibly fathom that they made a mistake?

Or maybe it's more simple and just a fancy spin on "Our guy good, your guy bad."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    Biden is barely older than trump. Trump is 74, Biden is 77.
    And Biden is in better shape. Biden can ride a bike, Trump can BARELY walk DOWN a ramp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    nah he will continue to collect his benefits and prob get 1200 dollars, extra stamps, bump in SS, additional improvements in VA services, saving medicare from being privatized, etc etc.
    ... and will hate every second of it... lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Not just the Tea party but the legitimization of the insane crazy aspect of the party with sarah palin as his running mate.
    Yeah, that's what I mean about legitimizing the Tea Party. That's where the shift in the political climate really started changing. It was a stepping stone to the Trump presidency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And Biden is in better shape. Biden can ride a bike, Trump can BARELY walk DOWN a ramp.
    ... or hold a cup with one hand... or move his elbows while dancing.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Is Trump pissed for lack of Russian help this time?
    Russia was still helping him, but I think Facebook and whatnot banning stuff about the election the last month or so, kinda helped.

Fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump jokes he’ll leave the country if he loses to Biden
    From Oct 12.

So, it's looking ilike Trump caught COVID, lost his job, and might get evicted?
    The full covid experience!

Except that he got the best healthcare possible in this fucking planet.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I mean, of all the things about Trump this is the one element I just don't get: he's some kind of super Lex Luthor/Tony Stark hyper-genius and his plans are so complex and convoluted that we just can't possibly understand it.

Is it a spin off of the religiosity of many Republicans? The whole "God is responsible for everything even the bad stuff but he has a plan behind everything and that plan is good so therefore all the bad things are actually good things?"

Or is it a cover for the fact that deep down they find Trump to be totally whacked, but they've been using what they're selling they couldn't possibly fathom that they made a mistake?

Or maybe it's more simple and just a fancy spin on "Our guy good, your guy bad."
    a helping of option 2 seasoned with option 3
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Don't give a flying fuck what the rapist said.
    Hey now, lets not throw unfounded things at others. He was not a rapist.

he was a serial sexual assaulter and a rapist.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I want to remind you that his legal team held a press conference outside of a dirty garage this morning because they mixed up Four Seasons Hotel and Four Seasons Total Landscaping while booking. Two days ago his lawyers got chewed out live on FOX News for their incompetence.

They're not playing 4-D chess. They're playing tic-tac-toe, and they're losing.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Am I blind or have ALL tweets gone?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Wasn't it ruled he can't delete anything?

Edit: Never mind, they load now lol Not sure why they didn't before.
    So, I was reading some of the bullshit tweets from this post, and this hilarious one caught my eye: https://twitter.com/TimRunsHisMouth/...87500449288192

What is funny about it, is this reply in the comments that quotes this from the website:
    50% of each contribution, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000), to be designated toward DJTFP’s 2020 general election account for general election debt retirement until such debt is retired. 50% of each contribution, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000), to be designated toward DJTFP’s Recount Account. Any amount that exceeds the applicable contribution limit for 2020 general election debt retirement, including any amounts donated to DJTFP after such debt has been retired, will be designated in full toward DJFTP’s Recount Account, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000).
    Basically 50% of the donations, are going to pay off his election debts, he REALLY was out of fucking money, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, beware the "I never actually supported Trump, go through my post history and you'll see I never came right out overtly and stated that outright. No, you're not allowed to use deductive and inductive reasoning to figure out my stance based on how everything I posted supported the Trump administration and attacked Democrats, that's unfair!"

Definitely seen at least a couple of those, already.
    I personally can't wait for the deficit hawks to come out of hibernation, their song is always interesting, im thinking end of jan or beginning of feb when they will be in full chorus