Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Perhaps the middle isnt as far left as you hope.
    If Trump's rhetoric captured the "middle" in your theory, then America's middle ground swing voters are violent bigots who want children in cages, protesters dead and believe Coronavirus isn't real but simultaneously was made in a lab in China.

I used to believe in this "appeal to the middle" strategy too. Makes logical sense. But it doesn't tally with 2016 and 2020 at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    I'm not going (obviously) to read the entire thread, so could anyone write a short summary about why the russians didn't try to "intervene" in these elections?
    Look at what the country was doing for the last four weeks. This is exactly what they wanted. It's like lighting yourself on fire so the ninjas can't get you -- we took care of the problem all on our own.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Exit polls are exit polls but they did show an uptick for him in every demographic but white men. Americans are crazy or really loathe the DNC. Also he Was 93% of Republicans vs 90%. Not a massive gain. It's just crazy how many people still supported him - how many people think they are millionaires who are just down on their luck.
    To be honest I'm not going to look at the demographics until all the counting is over. That's what started the myth that 2016 had low turnout.

I'm not going (obviously) to read the entire thread, so could anyone write a short summary about why the russians didn't try to "intervene" in these elections? I remember that being a huge(and I mean HUGE) deal the last time around, but can't remember seeing anyone even mentioning the matter now. What made them back-off and let Trump lose?
    i'm pretty sure they tried, (for example the whole "hunter biden laptop" smells of them), but people are aware of it & looking for it this time around. also social media have had their feet held to the fire over what happened before so they are more motivated to nip it in the bud.

I'm not going (obviously) to read the entire thread, so could anyone write a short summary about why the russians didn't try to "intervene" in these elections? I remember that being a huge(and I mean HUGE) deal the last time around, but can't remember seeing anyone even mentioning the matter now. What made them back-off and let Trump lose?
    No they definitely still did. Did you miss the whole "Hunter Biden laptop" nonsense? It's just that it's now the way things are - the Republicans are backed by a foreign despot and his army of online trolls and bots. Who tell all the right wing voters to be scared of globalists lol.

Welcome to the new normal.

There's even a whole wiki article about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...ates_elections

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you assuming that they didn't try?

There's little reason to believe they weren trying this time too, albeit less successfully, evidently.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    He nearly saw +12% turnout which is INSANE. This is despite the fact there were a lot of people who voted for him in 2016 but wouldn’t in 2020.

I’m willing to bet that, new Trump voters, assuming it’s all legit, equal nearly 20% of his total support in order for him to have hit that 70m mark.
    Well it wasn't from Illinois. the map looks pretty much the same here, biden flipped i think 2 counties down state, but they basically all were still red. but he actually down a few hundred thousand here compared to 4 years ago, while biden way overperformed in cook county and surrounding counties, and while there are still outstanding votes it's mostly Chicagoland area where it still has outstanding votes. Trump might get around the same amount of votes he got in 2016 maybe when it's all done here, but Biden will have far outperformed Hillary. I just wish we coulda gotten tax reform, because our state is hurting bad.

my guess trump went to deep rural states, and focused exclusively on them while also focusing on rustbelt, but ground game was more in the deep red states, and got more voters out from them, and ignored any blue states entirely. bad strategy because while they might have got more turnout, it's not in the places they needed it, cause they might have gotten even more if they focused on more states. But they also blew through all their money so it wouldn't have been possible either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    *snip*

Cohen:

strongly implies voting for Biden by posting himself with "I Voted" sticker and #Disloyal
    wait, how could Cohen vote, isn't he a convicted felon currently out just cause of covid, so not really parole, but more house arrest?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    wait, how could Cohen vote, isn't he a convicted felon currently out just cause of covid, so not really parole, but more house arrest?
    My guess, he didn't vote, just wanting attention. Unless he's under oath, I don't believe anything that guys says.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Trump will concede within two weeks or so. He did put himself in a bind with all the stolen election stuff, so he now owes to his base to at least show some perception of effort to "fight the system", but he won't go full jihad at it and will focus on 2024.

If he's smart - he will put it all into team red winning runoff Senate elections, this way he will be able to quit at high point and return later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Or you just can't understand that some people think a Dem president is worse than Trump.
    Trump is literally the worst president in history, including the shitstain that only served 30 days before dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I believe Trump will concede within two weeks or so. He did put himself in a bind with all the stolen election stuff, so he now owes to his base to at least show some perception of effort to "fight the system", but he won't go full jihad at it and will focus on 2024.

If he's smart - he will put it all into team red winning runoff Senate elections, this way he will be able to quit at high point and return later on.
    The issue is that Trump equates losing to be the worst thing that could possibly be. His ego cannot handle the thought. He does not care about anyone else other then himself. He will forfeit future gains for short term wins. Since it is him losing, he does not care about any other senator even though he does have the ability to help them win.

The way he is acting reminds me of a scene from the movie Trading Places. He is literally Mortimer Duke in this scene.

Congrats I guess, biden seems so fucking boring though atleast with trump you had fun following him.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Congrats I guess, biden seems so fucking boring though atleast with trump you had fun following him.
    Well, while a clown is nice to laugh at and have fun with, at the end of the day when things need to get done, it is a clown and needs to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, while a clown is nice to laugh at and have fun with, at the end of the day when things need to get done, it is a clown and needs to go away.
    Well I hope biden does a decent job atleast.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Sadly for you most people are in the middle and only care about the economy and their 401k. Imagine if trump actually lifted a finger with the virus or the protests. We'ed be dealing with 4 more years of him. Hell could be argued the last 10 months did more damage then the first 3 years of trump being trump.
    I'm also in the middle so I don't know how that's sad for me lol.

But this is patently false also, if the middle really determined elections and really only cared about stability then why did they choose an obviously disruptive, erratic candidate like Trump in 2016? And if there's so many of them in key states that they're worth appealing to politically, why didn't they desert him in droves and lead to a massive blue wave in 2020? Trump only ever appealed to hardcore far-right wingers and spat on everyone else. By this theory of politics, he should've never taken office in the first place.

They were, it was just that Facebook and Twitter were cracking down on bots and fake news where most of the gullible people of Trumplandia get their bullshit information. Same with the Hunter Biden story, all of that was Russian bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Probably not the only thing they tried. Trump got suspiciously a lot of votes too this run.
    Have I missed something, what's suspicious about the number of votes for Trump?
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trump is literally the worst president in history, including the shitstain that only served 30 days before dying.
    Andrew Jackson would like a word.

Reagan also. Reagan is arguably the reason we even got Trump since he set America on this course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Boring stability is far preferable to Trump.

Treating politics like following a reality tv show or a sports team isn't good for society.