https://www.wlky.com/article/trump-a...-say/34621003#

An adviser for President Donald Trump's campaign, David Bossie, has tested positive for coronavirus only days after he was tapped to oversee the campaign's legal challenges contesting the outcome of the election, two sources confirmed to CNN.
    I don't think we can blame the joke of the trump legal challenges on Bossie getting covid alone, but I'm sure that doesn't help things.

Shame that people in Trump's orbit appear to keep getting the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I don't think we can blame the joke of the trump legal challenges on Bossie getting covid alone, but I'm sure that doesn't help things.

man i have this feeling its going to be a bigger spike after the last week of activity in the trump campaign. they just threw everything to the wind, they might break their last total.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Literal death cult. More worried about giving into Trump's delusions he can still win this thing then protecting themselves from a deadly virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    man i have this feeling its going to be a bigger spike after the last week of activity in the trump campaign. they just threw everything to the wind, they might break their last total.
    There's absolutely going to be spikes. Between Trump supporter nonsense and protests to sports celebrations to Biden supporters dancing in the streets (less worried about them, TBH) I'm fully expecting this past week to be fuckin awful in terms of covid numbers once the cases start to get tracked.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wivb.com/news/white-hous...ointees-fired/

And apparently if any Trump appointees start looking for work for 2021 when they'll be out of a job, they'll be fired and be out of a job in 2020.

Because Trump and his people are fucking anarchists and would burn down the White House before Biden takes office if given the chance, probably.

There's absolutely going to be spikes. Between Trump supporter nonsense and protests to sports celebrations to Biden supporters dancing in the streets (less worried about them, TBH) I'm fully expecting this past week to be fuckin awful in terms of covid numbers once the cases start to get tracked.
    i was talking about just in his administration.

outside that ya, we will easily go 150-175k...easy....

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wivb.com/news/white-hous...ointees-fired/

And apparently if any Trump appointees start looking for work for 2021 when they'll be out of a job, they'll be fired and be out of a job in 2020.

Because Trump and his people are fucking anarchists and would burn down the White House before Biden takes office if given the chance, probably.
    Fox can only hire so many people
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Question, since I'm not the American. Are the ballots the same for Presidential, Senate and House?

If so, why would the Democrats would vote fraud and give Republican wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "Changing how the money is spent" is literally what "defund the police" is supposed to mean. It's just a really shitty slogan.
    Says who? Because changing how money is spent is not defunding anything. If give you $100 but say you have to spend $50 on tutoring lessons in basic English, I still gave you $100.

Biden has been elected, and once again, a Democrat has to clean up a Republican's mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Question, since I'm not the American. Are the ballots the same for Presidential, Senate and House?

If so, why would the Democrats would vote fraud and give Republican wins?
    Yes, one ballot for EVERYTHING in that specific election (local officials, ballot measures at state/local level, county officials, state officials, federal officials). At least I believe that's in all states, I'm not sure if some may have other ways of handling (none do that I know of).

And that's a good question that I'm sure Republicans will continue to studiously ignore because it highlights their fundamentally irrational position.

White House Covid-19 task force coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx has not been approached by the Biden team https://t.co/FWdCm5v7Ci https://t.co/6ejDDHnyro
    https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...663870464?s=19

Wholeheartedly agree. Maybe the Biden administration has some sense.

Hope she never gets a job of position from here on out.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-11-09 at 09:41 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Maybe she should grow some tits and resign.

IIRC she was much like Fauci, no? Largely focused on the science, played politics just enough to not be fired, but largely tried to take a serious approach? IIRC she's always been more of a "science" person than a "political" person in that role.

Looks like they couldn't even name her as current federal employees need permission from Trump to join any incoming government, and Trump still hasn't even acknowledged his loss.

Hope she never gets a job of position from here on out.
    She has proven a bit to willing to kow tow which undermines whatever she says. I understand trying to make it so trump still talked to her but in the end it accomplished the opposite of what she may have wanted and trump still ignored her advice.

IIRC she was much like Fauci, no? Largely focused on the science, played politics just enough to not be fired, but largely tried to take a serious approach? IIRC she's always been more of a "science" person than a "political" person in that role.

Looks like they couldn't even name her as current federal employees need permission from Trump to join any incoming government, and Trump still hasn't even acknowledged his loss.
    Nah she lied for trump and to trump about covid. Fuck that bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Says who? Because changing how money is spent is not defunding anything. If give you $100 but say you have to spend $50 on tutoring lessons in basic English, I still gave you $100.
    First, if you're rerouting some money from one place to go to another, then yes, you're "defunding" the first.

Second, I said it was a shitty slogan, because it doesn't immediately convey what the actual intention is. Detractors want to keep saying it means cut all police funds and get rid of cops--which is bullshit. What it means is to redirect some of the money that can be better used for social programs and responders to incidents that don't require a police presence (or, indeed, where a police presence would just escalate the situation). The police can get by without those funds if they're not being sent out for situations that don't really need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Come the fuck off it.

THEY backed concentration camps, white terrorists, and white supremacists. Fuck the "let's work together like those things don't matter" bullshit.

"an eye for an eye"

No one is wanting to kill them or stuff them in fucking cages, or call on terrorist groups to kill them... so please... take that bs somewhere else.
    I understand the emotional load you have in this (as do the other posters that responded to me), but that’s not the message I’m trying to convey here.

What am I NOT saying:
    - Im not saying you shouldnt celebrate this big win
    - Im not saying you should find common ground on politics with them
    - Im not saying I don’t believe many of trumps policies were unforgivable

So what AM I saying? Sadly that doesnt lend itself to bulletpoints quite as well.

Throughout history we have seen that ordinary people are exceptionally good qt resigning their personal accountability to authority. Milgram showed this in his famous experiment.
    https://www.simplypsychology.org/milgram.html
    And in this scenario, his supporters weren’t even the ones pulling the trigger, they were atleast 3 steps away from it, so it becomes far easier to resign any sense of personal responsibility.

While I do not believe such things are an acquittal, and find you’re quite right in being angry about these things, there’s the future to consider. Because demonizing and actively ousting trump supporters, will mean that there is no way to turn away from trump without overcoming some INCREDIBLE cognitive dissonance. So, they will just double down on the road they’re on.

The art of war by Sun Tzu tells you to always leave your opponent with an out. That’s not generosity. That’s making sure your opponent won’t fight to the last man.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Maybe she should grow some tits and resign.
    The problem with Birx, same with Fauci, is that they both think they can work with a pig wallowing in the mud and not get splattered.

She was in charge of the US military research of HIV vaccine and was Obama's U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator. By any yardsticks, she is a very competent pandemic expert and mitigation manager. She thought that she would be working with somebody like Obama that actually want to save lives. Wrong!!

This.

Biden used Faucci on the campaign trail because he's the current symbol of science in the US... But i'd be shocked if he's actually talked with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I understand the emotional load you have in this (as do the other posters that responded to me), but that’s not the message I’m trying to convey here.

What am I NOT saying:
    - Im not saying you shouldnt celebrate this big win
    - Im not saying you should find common ground on politics with them
    - Im not saying I don’t believe many of trumps policies were unforgivable

So what AM I saying? Sadly that doesnt lend itself to bulletpoints quite as well.

Throughout history we have seen that ordinary people are exceptionally good qt resigning their personal accountability to authority. Milgram showed this in his famous experiment.
    https://www.simplypsychology.org/milgram.html
    And in this scenario, his supporters weren’t even the ones pulling the trigger, they were atleast 3 steps away from it, so it becomes far easier to resign any sense of personal responsibility.

While I do not believe such things are an acquittal, and find you’re quite right in being angry about these things, there’s the future to consider. Because demonizing and actively ousting trump supporters, will mean that there is no way to turn away from trump without overcoming some INCREDIBLE cognitive dissonance. So, they will just double down on the road they’re on.

The art of war by Sun Tzu tells you to always leave your opponent with an out. That’s not generosity. That’s making sure your opponent won’t fight to the last man.
    The future is in two fucking years... do you think democrats are going to win midterms by capitulating further to the right? Especially a right that has gone off the deep fucking end? Do you think they will be able to retain their gains if they abandon their base?

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    “Defund the police” is a nice slogan, and imo, quite correct. Of course slogans aren’t bills of congress. Who would want to keep calling “Defund the police and cut down on the wildgrowth of tasks thats been dumped on them, so they may focus (and can be properly trained on) policework, instead of also donning the hat of social worker, pet arbiter, etc, while erecting new government services with the leftover money that get to focus on those tasks.”

Just doesn’t roll of the tongue quite as nicely =\