What do I wake up to today, lets see. I need more coffee.

1.Crying about the recount in GA already. Who could have seen that coming

2. Somehow its Bidens fault people are dying from Covid now.

3. Claiming the data seized in Germany in a raid that never happened means that Trump actually won the election 410 to 128, including him winning CA.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2470769&type=3

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m starting to wonder if Trumps’ “we will win” comments mean something else... something more sinister. All I’m reading is how his lawsuits keep getting dropped, that no one is entertaining his ridiculous claims, yet Trump is still so confident of a “winning”. Is he just that delusional, or is he planning something else? He has admitted Biden won, yet still goes back to saying “we will win”.
    Trump cares about himself, thats it. He will gladly burn the country down on the way out if it means a single extra buck for himself. My best guess is he never concedes but will do some half assed stepping down in which he claims its all rigged, but that wont happen until he 100% has to. And I cant tell you that date. Some people have guessed dec 14th for the EC stuff. Otherwise new congress is sworn in Jan 6th and Biden becomes president on Jan 20th.

I’m starting to wonder if Trumps’ “we will win” comments mean something else... something more sinister. All I’m reading is how his lawsuits keep getting dropped, that no one is entertaining his ridiculous claims, yet Trump is still so confident of winning. Is he just that delusional, or is he planning something else? He has admitted Biden won, yet still goes back to saying “we will win”.
    His narcissistic mind can't imagine losing. He did the same thing last time around when he won but still lost the Popular vote...claiming that it was only because of the democrats rigging the election and bringing in illegal voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump finally conceded that he lost today.
    What He Meant Was he won and Biden didn't win.

Come on, man! You've been here as long as I have. You know full well that anything Trump says comes with a 24-hour refund.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m starting to wonder if Trumps’ “we will win” comments mean something else... something more sinister..
    Logically, yes, but I honestly think that's not his intention. Let me explain:

1) Trump is trying to spread the message that the votes say he won. Because of couse, the votes that say the he lost are Fake Votes, hence the lawsuits.

2) Trump has only one realistic shot anymore, and it's faithless electors. But if Trump announced that plan "I'm going to steal the election and ignore what the legal votes said!" there would be far more pushback than what you're seeing so far.

3) Trump doesn't...you know...have a plan. What you're seeing isn't a strategy, it's handfuls of excrement thrown against to the Wall to see what sticks. Trump will get around to the illegal vote stealing faithless electors eventually, but only when what he's currently trying fails.

4) And of course, there's the whole "Trump is lying about trying to steal the election, because he knows he lost but wants a riled-up base to watch his TV show".

Yes, Trump will try to steal the election by asking GOP state legislatures to just change the vote of their people, break the law, and vote for him anyway.

Yes, it might work, although we've already seen public pushback against this.

Yes, it's his only chance.

No,he's not broadcasting that, because despite what the rabid fanbase says Trump isn't playing 3D chess. Trump is playing Competitive Table Filpping.

- - - Updated - - -

Bolton: Republican leaders need to explain to voters that Trump lost

I think it's very important for leaders in the Republican Party to explain to our voters, who are not as stupid as the Democrats think, that, in fact, Trump has lost the election and that his claims of election fraud are baseless.

The fact is that we've seen litigation in all the key battleground states, and it has failed consistently. Right now, the Trump campaign is doing the legal equivalent of pinching pennies.

It's clearer and clearer there isn't any evidence.
    Remember, this is someone who worked for Trump. That Trump chose, to work with him.

Bolton is an actual Republican. He does not believe Trump has taken over his part and destroyed it. Until other Republicans speak out, Bolton doesn't have any evidence, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Quoteception
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton
    I think it's very important for leaders in the Republican Party to explain to our voters, who are not as stupid as the Democrats think, that, in fact, Trump has lost the election and that his claims of election fraud are baseless.
    On one hand, I like the tactic of appealing to Republicans by trying to sell this as a form of "owning the libs."

On the other hand, their voters are absolutely as stupid as I think if they need someone else to explain "more votes = win, less votes = lose."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    On the other hand, their voters are absolutely as stupid as I think if they need someone else to explain "more votes = win, less votes = lose."
    Maybe Republicans can prove they are not that stupid, by going with facts and evidence and not wild claims that are objectively false. Honestly, the smartest thing anyone can do is to change their mind when shown new evidence. You can debate how much of a mistake voting for someone who had no experience other than racism and six bankruptcies later.

The rabid fanbase? They are proving they're too far gone to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Bolton might have a point, but so far it's a fine point. He is joined by the governors of Ohio and Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Well, in America, More votes does not always = "win". Hillary Clinton got more votes.

In this case Joe Biden got more actual votes and more electoral Votes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump finally conceded that he lost today. He still claims he was cheated, but he acknowledged that Biden is the winner.
    So after 4 year of Muh Russia! and Not my President!! You are going to get Muh rigged election and Not my President!! from the other side. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Well, in America, More votes does not always = "win". Hillary Clinton got more votes.

In this case Joe Biden got more actual votes and more electoral Votes though.
    Technically he hasn't received the electoral votes yet, only votes for them, but I'm convinced that he will get them - and:

In 2016 Trump got 306 votes for EC, but only got 304 votes when EC voted. (Hillary got 232 votes for EC, but only 227 votes when EC voted.)
    Biden got 306 votes for EC. If Biden gets more than 304 when EC votes next month (which seems likely) it must be a bigger landslide than Trump, right?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm trying hard to leave this subject alone but this statement doesn't make sense to me. You say its not a binary situation...then go on to "because of the Defund the Police campaign". Well you just presented a binary argument based on much of nothing. Which, if any, other reasons might have contributed to the seats being lost?
    You're actually abandoning the argument entirely because your point doesn't have any merit, but whatever.

The argument I presented above isn't binary, I was pointing out that one of the aspects that contributed to the Congressional losses was the Defend the Police movement, but it wasn't the only one.

You continue to ignore common sense and foster an inability to ever admit that you could even remotely be wrong on this subject. The objective fact remains that Defund the Police was a terrible slogan, costing the very movement it was designed to help support and enthusiasm. Many smart people who are behind the movement, on this very forum, have attempted multiple times to explain this to you, with evidence, and you just bat them away and keep on smiling. It's reminiscent of some other supporters I could name....
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-11-15 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're actually abandoning the argument entirely because your point doesn't have any merit, but whatever.

The argument I presented above isn't binary, I was pointing out that one of the aspects that contributed to the Congressional losses was the Defend the Police movement, but it wasn't the only one.

You continue to ignore common sense and foster an inability to ever admit that you could even remotely be wrong on this subject. The objective fact remains that Defund the Police was a terrible slogan, costing the very movement it was designed to help support and enthusiasm. Many smart people who are behind the movement, on this very forum, have attempted multiple times to explain this to you, with evidence, and you just bat them away and keep on smiling. It's reminiscent of some other supporters I could name....
    I maintain that changing the messaging to something like "Blue Plus Two" does a much better job at describing the actual goals of the movement without providing cannon fodder to its opponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Technically he hasn't received the electoral votes yet, only votes for them, but I'm convinced that he will get them - and:

In 2016 Trump got 306 votes for EC, but only got 304 votes when EC voted. (Hillary got 232 votes for EC, but only 227 votes when EC voted.)
    Biden got 306 votes for EC. If Biden gets more than 304 when EC votes next month (which seems likely) it must be a bigger landslide than Trump, right?
    Where did those 7 votes go then..?
    The electoral college is a fucking mystery to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    So after 4 year of Muh Russia! and Not my President!! You are going to get Muh rigged election and Not my President!! from the other side. Sheesh.
    Except one side has evidence and one doesn't.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I maintain that changing the messaging to something like "Blue Plus Two" does a much better job at describing the actual goals of the movement without providing cannon fodder to its opponents.
    Agreed. It's almost a hat trick in positive messaging:

1. Positive message about Police.
    2. Easy to say.
    3. Conveys message of movement

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithl...ntial_election
    As a result of the seven successfully cast faithless votes, the Democratic Party nominee, Hillary Clinton, lost five of her pledged electors while the Republican Party nominee and then president-elect, Donald Trump, lost two. Three of the faithless electors voted for Colin Powell while John Kasich, Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, and Faith Spotted Eagle each received one vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight:
    You go to vote
    Your vote then goes to elect someone to vote for the person you voted for
    But that person can decide to just say "nah, I'd rather vote for someone else" .. ?

Am I getting this right?
    How the fuck is that a democracy

You go to vote
    But that person can decide to just say "nah, I'd rather vote for someone else" .. ?

Am I getting this right?
    It was designed to make sure slave states could swing things in their favor when ever they pleased.

3 to Colin Powell, 1 each to Bernie Sanders, John Kasich, and Faith Spotted Eagle.

See above!

7+ Year Old Account
    Am I getting this right?
    It's not, the system is anti-democratic on purpose.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    You go to vote

Am I getting this right?
    Yes, but there are states that prohibit you from voting against the will of the state and others that will fine you is you vote against the will of the state. It's weird, yes.