Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    That's living with the flaws of the electoral college.

~80 million people vs ~73 million people

Blue states/Red states shouldn't even enter into the equation. Land doesn't vote.
    Also Biden won in all the places Hillary didn't, the suburbs. Like it doesn't even make sense to even attack philly. Biden only got about 1000 more votes in philly than Clinton. Detroit same situation. which is crazy that trump and the supporters are attacking these cities, where the votes all came from the suburbs. Biden did exactly what he needed to do. To say Biden failed i don't get the argument at all.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    rofl. idiots. “If I’m being manipulated by Trump ... then he is the greatest con man that ever lived in America,” uhhhhhhhhh yeah bro he is.
    Actually he's an awful con man, his lies couldn't be more obvious. These people are the most gullible rubes on the face of the planet.

I mean this is a country where this man, who is the most obvious creep and scammer I've ever seen, somehow rips suckers off to the tune of millions:

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Actually he's an awful con man, his lies couldn't be more obvious. These people are the most gullible rubes on the face of the planet.

I mean this is a country where this man, who is the most obvious creep and scammer I've ever seen, somehow rips suckers off to the tune of millions:
    I challenge you to name a more successful conman in US history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Has any President refused to be there for the transition of power?
    If there's any hallmark of the last 4 years politically, it's a complete disregard for conventions and traditions, from the GOP and the President.

There's always a time for a first, especially with a man like Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Debatable.

It's unprecedented but the military doesn't really have a legal mechanism for choosing whose the legitimate Commander in Chief.

It's more and more looking like Republicans will either try to overturn the results or refuse to accept the legitimacy.

Let's say Biden is swears in and Trump swears in. Independently of each other.

One has control of the civilian infrastructure of the military (Trump) the other doesn't (Biden).

Whatever happens here, I think the military will sit this one out and just fall in line with the eventual outcome.

I think people who place their faith in the military to step in and save them...are deluding themselves with wishful thinking.

Also anyone who thought that Republicans after an initial phase of denial will eventually gradually come to their senses and take a step back from the brink and drag Trump with them were also deluding themselves.

Tho opposite has happened and is happening.

I've said on election night, this is only over when Trump is no longer in the White House, even then this won't be really truly over, assuming Trump doesn't just stay on.
    NO and NO, none of this bullshit will even come close to happening, and yes there is precedent set for when Joe Biden is sworn in, he becomes the President of the United States, the Military, the SS and will fall in line.

Now before that Trump Could try to a Military coup, but that is a different matter.

As to the military being used to quell uprising after Biden is sworn in, that is exactly what the President Biden is empowered to do.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Honestly this one of the most bizarre things for me concerning Trump, I mean from my point of view he is as obvious a conman as you can get the guy who in books and movies everyone in the audience rolls their eyes at cause he is so obviously the snake oil salesman that is not clever, but believes he is, who does cartoonishly evil things and somehow we are supposed to believe the other characters in the book/movie can't see it.

And yet here is Trump, president of the united states, with millions of followers willing to do just about anything for him, like he is the second coming...and I can't make my mind see why.

I've had to re-evaluate all those old books and movies I thought so poorly of before.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Honestly this one of the most bizarre things for me concerning Trump, I mean from my point of view he is as obvious a conman as you can get the guy who in books and movies everyone in the audience rolls their eyes at cause he is so obviously the snake oil salesman that is not clever, but believes he is, who does cartoonishly evil things and somehow we are supposed to believe the other characters in the book/movie can't see it.

And yet here is Trump, president of the united states, with millions of followers willing to do just about anything for him, like he is the second coming...and I can't make my mind see why.

I've had to re-evaluate all those old books and movies I thought so poorly of before.
    The answer is simple during the 8 years of Obama the GOP primed themselves for someone like Trump they embraced conspiracy theories and everything that denied reality. The GOP made themselves the perfect mark for someone like Trump as their base became more extreme and racist they cheered it on because it motivated them to vote. If you think about it you can't say the libs are destroying America and just put up a regular GOP candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    If there's any hallmark of the last 4 years politically, it's a complete disregard for conventions and traditions, from the GOP and the President.

There's always a time for a first, especially with a man like Trump.
    This really has nothing to do with reality, and I am personally one of the few that predicted Civil War, however none of that will have anything to do with the legitimate elected president.

Again the Military is NOT going to do Trumps bidding, and come January 20th, IF there is an uprising that will be something President Joe Biden will have to contend with, it will be separate from what Trumps powers of office would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    This really has nothing to do with reality, and I am personally one of the few that predicted Civil War, however none of that will have anything to do with the legitimate elected president.

Again the Military is NOT going to do Trumps bidding, and come January 20th, IF there is an uprising that will be something President Joe Biden will have to contend with, it will be separate from what Trumps powers of office would be.
    I don't see a civil war just terrorists cells that would be crushed the average Trump supporter looks just like him, they wouldn't last one minute in any war situation heck they can barely handle COVID restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He barely won the election, failed to manifest the "blue wave" as constantly speculated, and failed in the exact states where establishment candidates claim they should be appealing.
    Nope. Again, I don't get where this "barely" thing keeps coming in because it's patently false. A 6 million vote popular buffer and 300+ EC votes isn't "barely". The margins he's won by in all of the current "battleground" states are large enough to fall out of "barely". It's a silly narrative that just needs to stop.

As far as the "Blue Wave" goes, if you look at total votes for Dems this year compared to 2016/2018 it looks like it was there somewhat--it was just absorbed by a nearly equally large "Red Wave". I'm not saying I'm not disappointed in the outcome because I too feel the Dems could and should have done better, but it is nowhere near the failure you and others keep trying to make it out to be. It does, however, point to just how brainwashed by Trump and the GOP a lot of America has become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Is Trump in any way Presidential?
    No but the majority of Congress is, and the only thing that has any snowballs chance in hell of happening with all this nonsense is we might end up with Nancy Pelosi has President, that's it.

There is nothing Trump, the Electors or the fucking Supreme Court can do about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't see a civil war just terrorists cells that would be crushed the average Trump supporter looks just like him, they wouldn't last one minute in any war situation heck they can barely handle COVID restrictions.
    Yes THIS, THIS very well could happen and is a very high probability. But again it won't have anything to do with who the President is going to be.

We can all declare ourselves President and swear in. I’ll get my neighbor to do mine—just as valid!
    "I'm President! And so is my wife!"

- - - Updated - - -

His success isn't based off of his efficacy so much as the ignorance of his audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I haven't said that the military will support Trump in a coup either.

The post I responded to had to do about whether Trump will show up to Biden's inauguration, which prior presidents usually do, which he might just be petty enough to refuse to participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "I'm President! And so is my wife!"

- - - Updated - - -

His success isn't based off of his efficacy so much as the ignorance of his audience.
    Okay i challenge you. name a more successful conman in us history. you can attribute his success to whatever, a conman is a conman.

Okay i challenge you. name a more successful conman in us history. you can attribute his success to whatever, a conman is a conman.
    I can't because of forum rules regarding religion. I also didn't dispute that he was successful, y'see.

10+ Year Old Account

The post I responded to had to do about whether Trump will show up to Biden's inauguration, which prior presidents usually do, which he might just be petty enough to refuse to participate in.
    My apologize I took your comment out of context. And you're right I am not doubting Trump might break tradition in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I can't because of forum rules regarding religion. I also didn't dispute that he was successful, y'see.
    Feel free to pm me someone but i'd make the argument against anyone in US history that includes anyone forbidden. And yeah it's his followers being idiots, yeah he got a TON of help from putin, but i give him credit this is something he's been doing his entire life, always failing upwards due to the ignorance of everyone who follows him.

I am thinking showing up and acting like Kanye West did to Taylor Swift at that music awards. Sounds about Trumps style and ego.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    We can all declare ourselves President and swear in. I’ll get my neighbor to do mine—just as valid!
    correct me, but nothing says it has to be Chief Justice of SCOTUS who administers the oath ?
    some prior pres. was sworn in by his own father, who was just a notary public: Calvin Coolridge upon receiving notice of Warran Hasting's passing; new pres. was on visit at his home.
    Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in on Air Force One by federal judge Sarah T. Hughes

plenty of opportunities for Donald to grab any judge.

Feel free to pm me someone but i'd make the argument against anyone in US history that includes anyone forbidden. And yeah it's his followers being idiots, yeah he got a TON of help from putin, but i give him credit this is something he's been doing his entire life, always failing upwards due to the ignorance of everyone who follows him.
    Sent.

But again, I wasn't arguing that Trump wasn't successful, only that the success of his cons aren't so much due to his skill as a conman as they are the gullibility of the masses...which seems to only get worse as time goes on.