10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He crossed state lines to hunt humans. I was fairly sure that made it federal.
    I don't think anyone is claiming that he crossed state lines with intent to commit murder. And the crime of murder with which he was charged was entirely in the state of Wisconsin. Just because he fled back to Illinois after the commission of the crime does not make the murder charge a federal one.

EDIT: I mean, it would be very 2020 if his lawyers tried to claim that he did intend to commit murder and that it should be a federal charge, specifically because they got word that Trump would pardon him if that were the case.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

He crossed state lines to hunt humans. I was fairly sure that made it federal.
    I think that only applies if kidnapping is involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It can cover just about any crime, as long as the crime itself crosses state lines. If you conspire to commit murder in one state, then commit the murder in another state, then that would qualify. But this murder was committed, start to finish, in Wisconsin.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    You remember that Hunter Biden laptop nonsense from last month? About the legally blind computer repairman who was certain it was Hunter Biden who left that laptop behind and never claimed it that he gave to Rudy Giuliani?

He closed his shop and skipped town. Nothing the least bit suspicious about that, right?
    The zealots have their current "theories" like being killed or being harassed so much that he had to all the while they keep pushing the Disney remake of "But her emails" and how it was all true.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes he can. He faces a lot of federal charges.

Yes, Trump cannot pardon state charges, but he can pardon federal charges just to throw a big show of support for his fellow murdering racists.
    If the respective AG's in both states along with the federal prosecutor work together (and their offices usually do when there are competing federal and state charges for the same series of events) they could work out a set of charges that are all state based, and choose to only indict on the state charges, letting the federal charges linger without moving forward with prosecution.

That could avoid the Trumpdon (Trump + Pardon?).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I don't think anyone is claiming that he crossed state lines with intent to commit murder. And the crime of murder with which he was charged was entirely in the state of Wisconsin. Just because he fled back to Illinois after the commission of the crime does not make the murder charge a federal one.

EDIT: I mean, it would be very 2020 if his lawyers tried to claim that he did intend to commit murder and that it should be a federal charge, specifically because they got word that Trump would pardon him if that were the case.
    It will also depend on the Wisconsin AG (who is a Democrat) working with the local city authorities where the crime took place. But the AG of the state where the murder took place being a Democrat is a big step in the right direction. Especially with the U.S. Attorneys coming in with Biden being Democrats. We could very easily see state/city charges without addressing any federal crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You're thinking of how the FBI can almost immediately get involved in any kidnapping case - because if it's even possible the kidnappers crossed state lines, they can become involved.

For all crimes, if you cross state lines, you enter the possibility of federal charges, because it becomes a multistate matter, and becomes a federal felony.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

You're thinking of how the FBI can almost immediately get involved in any kidnapping case - because if it's even possible the kidnappers crossed state lines, they can become involved.

For all crimes, if you cross state lines, you enter the possibility of federal charges, because it becomes a multistate matter, and becomes a federal felony.
    Interesting, so doesn't even look like intent matters in this particular case, unless he was like a paid assassin?

The moment they make that argument though, it blows up entirely for the purpose Trump would attempt to use it.

That would be his lawyers confessing that he went all that way with the intent of killing people and throws out the whole "Self Defense" claim they are going for. Then his supporters are stuck admitting they are cheering a premeditated murderer.

And while they would make that excuse for Trump directly, especially with the layers of separation between his will and his actions, not so much when it is a person going out and personally killing someone. His supporters will have a harder time trying to play the mental gymnastics to reconcile that one.

1) He crossed with the intent of killing.
    2) That means his actions there were not self defense.
    3) That means Trump pardoned him on premeditated murder.
    4) But Trump said they were just defending themselves.
    5) But his defense even confessed he went with the intention of killing them.
    6) Mental Divide by Zero. Error.....
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The moment they make that argument though, it blows up entirely for the purpose Trump would attempt to use it.

That would be his lawyers confessing that he went all that way with the intent of killing people and throws out the whole "Self Defense" claim they are going for. Then his supporters are stuck admitting they are cheering a premeditated murderer.

And while they would make that excuse for Trump directly, especially with the layers of separation between his will and his actions, not so much when it is a person going out and personally killing someone. His supporters will have a harder time trying to play the mental gymnastics to reconcile that one.

1) He crossed with the intent of killing.
    2) That means his actions there were not self defense.
    3) That means Trump pardoned him on premeditated murder.
    4) But Trump said they were just defending themselves.
    5) But his defense even confessed he went with the intention of killing them.
    6) Mental Divide by Zero. Error.....
    Clearly, the radical leftists in different state made him fear for his life, so in order to protect himself he had to cross state lines and preemptively strike at them to protect them from eventually killing him. /s

actually, I type /s, but really I do think some of the more hardcore right-wing sycophants think like that. I mean, the GOP has gotten people in rural Ohio to be scared of illegal immigrants raping them with drugs, despite the Mexican-US border being 1,600 miles away.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I mean it's not totally out of the question isn't it, but with a different wording.
    "My client went to the protest with the intend of protecting the property of fellow Americans".

You kind of admit that his finger was already on the trigger before anything happend.

If Zimmerman can go pick a fight then proceed to lose that fight (by his own admission) and finally be justified in murdering his victim can get away with murder then anybody can and you can use any sick argument to justify that murder.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the Trump campaign is still sending out emails even as of today, urging people to donate so team Trump can continue to dispute the vote. Of course this comes after Trump has already agreed to the transition of power and is making plans to retire at Mar A Lago. Grifters to the end.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If the respective AG's in both states along with the federal prosecutor work together (and their offices usually do when there are competing federal and state charges for the same series of events) they could work out a set of charges that are all state based, and choose to only indict on the state charges, letting the federal charges linger without moving forward with prosecution.

That could avoid the Trumpdon (Trump + Pardon?).
    Couldn't they just wait until Jan 21st to nail him with everything? It would still be an expedient trial.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes he can. He faces a lot of federal charges.

Yes, Trump cannot pardon state charges, but he can pardon federal charges just to throw a big show of support for his fellow murdering racists.
    So Trump officially supports and endorses domestic terrorism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Can they take properties he owns in other countries?
    Other countries are in the process of doing their own, um, investigation so I wouldn't worry too much about those.

He'd just transfer ownership to family members anyway.
    That's not how that works. If the government says "we're seizing these assets" you can't just reply "lol no I'm transferring it to my kid right before you do".

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Clearly, the radical leftists in different state made him fear for his life, so in order to protect himself he had to cross state lines and preemptively strike at them to protect them from eventually killing him. /s

actually, I type /s, but really I do think some of the more hardcore right-wing sycophants think like that. I mean, the GOP has gotten people in rural Ohio to be scared of illegal immigrants raping them with drugs, despite the Mexican-US border being 1,600 miles away.
    Right-wingers in Eastern Europe got there own people scared from Muslims that
    A) Don't live in there countries
    B) Have no intention of ever living in said country
    C) Don't want to even come close that country

I once read that allot of Polish people who worked in Holland and Germany came back radicalized instead of becoming more liberal (which was the goal). Living in Germany and Holland the amount of "brown" people (which Eastern Europe doesn't have) shocked them into electing there current leaders. Now you have leaders in Eastern Europe fighting the good fight against Islam, I mean sure you can count on one hand how many Muslims live in entire Eastern Europe but that's just details.

So yea, it can always get worse. At least with the US those "illegal immigrats" are still in the US and not in a completely different country like with the European right-wing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I once read that allot of Polish people who worked in Holland and Germany came back radicalized instead of becoming more liberal (which was the goal). Living in Germany and Holland the amount of "brown" people (which Eastern Europe doesn't have) shocked them into electing there current leaders. Now you have leaders in Eastern Europe fighting the good fight against Islam, I mean sure you can count on one hand how many Muslims live in entire Eastern Europe but that's just details.
    A similar effect happens in the US. When kids from 'rural' or exurban areas move to US cities. The amount of diversity in the city shocks them to their core.

I spent a few years teaching college in the Bay Area. A few students stood out. Because they would only stay on campus for like 4 days a week. Then go back to their parent's McMansion in Folsom Lake every weekend.
    Same kids complained a lot about *those people*.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    So Trump officially supports and endorses domestic terrorism.
    You can't possibly be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kraken on a Friday

This is a song that writes itself!

If anyone from BLACKPINK wants to do a collab, call me.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    Today’s the day folks!!
    Why don't we know who they are?
    -- Dobbs

Show us Trump's taxes
    -- Breccia

Anyone else think that's fair? I think "the people have the right to know" either applies to the business dealings and possible leverage foreign countries have over a political candidate, or, it doesn't apply to anything at all. If Trump is not willing to show that he can be compromised -- or just as important, not willing to show he can't be -- then claiming foreign influence is bad, is no longer important.

Both or neither. Who wants to disagree? Trump supporters of course are not just allowed but encouraged to participate.

-- Dobbs

-- Breccia

Anyone else think that's fair? I think "the people have the right to know" either applies to the business dealings and possible leverage foreign countries have over a political candidate, or, it doesn't apply to anything at all. If Trump is not willing to show that he can be compromised -- or just as important, not willing to show he can't be -- then claiming foreign influence is bad, is no longer important.

Both or neither. Who wants to disagree? Trump supporters of course are not just allowed but encouraged to participate.
    What would it do to expose leverage foreign countries have over Trump, besides give closure? People knew and still gave him power and nuclear codes. The damage is done and he's on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    So the claim is that in GA, counting machines manipulated the vote to inflate Biden's numbers? You're filing this lawsuit in the state where a HAND recount of every literally ballot has just completed and confirmed Biden won... That's the state you're going to file this particular lawsuit? You sure about that?