Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    See, normally I'd say this is bigger than Watergate. That there's no way he can dodge this one, etc etc. But fuck me if I don't know better by now.
    That's because Trump could rape a small child on live television, and his supporters would pretend it didn't happen, and call her a dirty whore for making it up.

It is bigger than Watergate... but his supporters don't care. This is the 33rd thing that was bigger than Watergate.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Tbh I think it's coming from Georgia's side.

Trump threatened them on Twitter (mentioning the call and lying about it) to which Georgia officials on the responded with "Hol' up bitch, the truth will come out" and then a couple hours later WaPo had the tape.

I attribute the audio to the Georgia people having shitty speakerphones.
    Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if it was simultaneously leaked from everyone on the phone call. Trump is the worst mob boss ever, none of his people respect him or have loyalty to him.

On a different note, I had somehow completely forgot that when Cruz won the Iowa caucuses in 2016, Trump claimed that Cruz's campaign cheated in the caucuses, with the exact same sort of nebulous claims of unspecified cheating. And now Cruz is simping for Trump, after Trump already labeled Cruz a cheat. Bottom line, Cruz is possibly the most pathetic grown man in the entire country.

People were commenting that the full audio isn't that bad, and that a few parts were taken out of context to make Trump look horrible. So I listened to the ENTIRE hour long call.

...it was even worse

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I attribute the audio to the Georgia people having shitty speakerphones.
    If Georgia's side had shitty speakerphones, then their side of the conversation would sound clear and Trump wouldn't. This is the reverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    People were commenting that the full audio isn't that bad, and that a few parts were taken out of context to make Trump look horrible. So I listened to the ENTIRE hour long call.

...it was even worse
    I highly doubt they listened to the full audio. They're just claiming it hoping that you wont, and instead believe them to save Trump (and them for supporting him) some semblance of face.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-01-04 at 04:43 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    If Georgia's side had shitty speakerphones, then their side of the conversation would sound clear and Trump wouldn't. This is the reverse.
    I think he meant microphone, not speakerphone.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post

...it was even worse
    Yeah I'm about 45 minutes in and it's so hard to listen to. The awkward pauses when Trump yells unanswerable questions at the Georgia folks. The funniest part is how he argues with people on his own team as they try to support him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    The funniest part is how he argues with people on his own team as they try to support him.
    They weren't breaking the law hard enough for him, so therefore, they are traitors. There is only loyalty to Trump.

Trump did sound like a mafia boss, didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if it was simultaneously leaked from everyone on the phone call. Trump is the worst mob boss ever, none of his people respect him or have loyalty to him.

On a different note, I had somehow completely forgot that when Cruz won the Iowa caucuses in 2016, Trump claimed that Cruz's campaign cheated in the caucuses, with the exact same sort of nebulous claims of unspecified cheating. And now Cruz is simping for Trump, after Trump already labeled Cruz a cheat. Bottom line, Cruz is possibly the most pathetic grown man in the entire country.
    Everything Trump loses is rigged. Even the Emmy's.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...213412865?s=20
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-01-04 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They weren't breaking the law hard enough for him, so therefore, they are traitors. There is only loyalty to Trump.

Trump did sound like a mafia boss, didn't he?
    Sometimes it wasn't even that blatant, it sounded more like they were trying to make a substantive point and he was trying to repeat himself for the tenth or eleventh time about how mad the people of Georgia were (or whatever, the precise exchanges escape me). Incompetent gangster is a good way to explain the man. It's painful to listen to both because he's trying to suborn our officials but also because the man will not shut up. I guess we should be grateful for that, he does it even when it's in his best interest to zip it, but it will be such a relief when he fades away.

So something a little more lighthearted while we are dealing with the most open criminal action Trump has taken in the aftermath of his failure of a re-election. Ted Cruz one of the 11 Cult of Trump Senators who have said they will back the Cult of Trump Representatives in trying to overthrow our Democratic election. Well he doesn't like that he is getting rightfully attacked by everyone who isn't a card carrying member of the C.M.S.(Cheetos Mushroom Sucker) or is absolutely mortified by the blatant attempts to overthrow democracy. So he went on Fox News to cry that everyone is being mean to him and that his mommy calls him a special boy so people can't say mean things about him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...d-to-calm-down
    Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Sunday called for critics of his challenge to the results of the presidential election to “tone down the rhetoric.”

“I think everyone needs to calm down,” Cruz, who on Saturday led a group of 11 GOP senators who said they would challenge the results of the presidential election in several states, said on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures.”

“I think we need to tone down the rhetoric. This is already a volatile situation. It's like a tinderbox and throwing lit matches into it," Cruz said.

Cruz criticized “hyperbole” and “angry language” in response to his statement Saturday, accusing Democrats of “urging that I should be arrested and tried for sedition and treason.”

“That’s not helpful ... at a time when we’re pitted against each other. Just relax, and let’s do our jobs,” he said. “We have a responsibility to follow the law.”

Cruz and the other GOP senators have come under criticism for saying they would challenge the results, including from other Republicans. GOP Sens. Ben Sasse (Neb.) and Mitt Romney (Utah) have both said political ambition is outweighing principle in the challenges.

Cruz joined 10 other GOP senators on the letter, including Sens. Ron Johnson (Wis.), Marsha Blackburn (Tenn.) and John Kennedy (La.). It came on the heels of Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) announcing he would object to the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory, forcing a formal vote in both chambers of Congress.

Hawley and Cruz are both seen as potential 2024 presidential candidates.
    I just find it hilarious to see Cruz crying like the little bitch he is that people are being to mean to him because he is trying to help Trump to literally steal the election. Maybe stop being such a masochistic simp for Trump who sells out his country for another spanking from his spray tan daddy and maybe people won't be so mean to you.

It’s literally just the same old outrage politics Senators backing this move to reject votes. There’s no chance of it going anyway. The presence of Sasse, Romney and Toomey alone will provide enough opposition, nevermind all the other GOP Senators who aren’t interesting in destroying their political careers to help an outgoing President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    So something a little more lighthearted while we are dealing with the most open criminal action Trump has taken in the aftermath of his failure of a re-election. Ted Cruz one of the 11 Cult of Trump Senators who have said they will back the Cult of Trump Representatives in trying to overthrow our Democratic election. Well he doesn't like that he is getting rightfully attacked by everyone who isn't a card carrying member of the C.M.S.(Cheetos Mushroom Sucker) or is absolutely mortified by the blatant attempts to overthrow democracy. So he went on Fox News to cry that everyone is being mean to him and that his mommy calls him a special boy so people can't say mean things about him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...d-to-calm-down

I just find it hilarious to see Cruz crying like the little bitch he is that people are being to mean to him because he is trying to help Trump to literally steal the election. Maybe stop being such a masochistic simp for Trump who sells out his country for another spanking from his spray tan daddy and maybe people won't be so mean to you.
    He's pulling the "everyone needs to calm down" horseshit because he and his cronies are breaking the fucking law and probably a short step away from being sent to serious prison terms. And he knows it. That's the "talk" he wants to "calm down".

Sorry, fucko, the way we calm this situation down is by ensuring you and your friends only get to see the sky through a set of bars for at least a few years or so.

Watergate, Nixon didn't go to prison.
    That led us to Iran-Contra, and Reagan didn't go to prison.
    That led us to Cheney et al lying about the facts to drag the USA into the War in Iraq on false pretenses, nobody went to prison.
    Now, it's this.
    If you don't charge these assholes with the crimes they commit, then you're tacitly stating that their actions were proper and set a precedent for how future actions will be conducted. You want to change that? You start charging these assholes with their crimes, and let the legal system operate as it should, rather than tying the courts' hands because the individuals in question are above the law.

It's baffling that you live in a country where this kind of blatant sedition and corruption doesn't get prosecuted, but you get caught with a little weed, you can go to prison for 5+ years.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They say democracy dies in darkness. Seems to me it's being murder in broad daylight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    The call also addresses the suspicion I've had all along as to why nothing ever happened. Like when those Michigan lawmakers had a meeting with Trump :https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...eting-n1248396
    As I recall, that meeting, too, turned out to be a mixture of Donny alternating between pleading and threatening. They claimed that they only attended in hopes of him supporting some stimulus for Michigan, but that he was too focused on the election results to actually have any sort of fruitful conversation about anything else.

A few more days and all this crap will be over, and we get Mr. Trump, this failure of a one-term president, out of the White House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    ...no?

This sounds like the call line itself was recorded, not that someone was standing next to a phone with a recorder. It's not uncommon in big conference calls like this to just put it on hands free, meaning the input device becomes the shitty conf-call speakerphone. The audio from the other sides can still be good while yours is ass.

It sounds like Trump is holding his phone while everyone else is trying to multitask while this imbecile rambles on and put him on hands free.
    Source: I spent more time than I'd want to admit on boring work calls.

I wonder what the "other side" is thinking while "the president" goes on a 30-minute monologue spouting one false fact after another...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It’s literally just the same old outrage politics
    Name any time pre-2020 this happend. Because I don't remember the "same old outrage" going to court dozens of times, etc, in any previuos Presidential election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I wonder what the "other side" is thinking while "the president" goes on a 30-minute monologue spouting one false fact after another...
    "We have a country to fix"