15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I wonder what the "other side" is thinking while "the president" goes on a 30-minute monologue spouting one false fact after another...
    They think he's telling the truth and the "lamestream media" is misrepresenting him. Guarantee it.

Yesterday I read about Trump trying to steal and disenfranchise votes in Georgia. Then I listened to some of the tape. This guy! It is so difficult to listen to this guy for 2 minutes. Just he shit that comes from his mouth and stupidity is torture to me.

So Trump just wanted enough votes to win by 1 vote? Well, I guess this moron didn't want to win by a landslide, even though later on he talked about shredding votes.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Yesterday I read about Trump trying to steal and disenfranchise votes in Georgia. Then I listened to some of the tape. This guy! It is so difficult to listen to this guy for 2 minutes. Just he shit that comes from his mouth and stupidity is torture to me.

So Trump just wanted enough votes to win by 1 vote? Well, I guess this moron didn't want to win by a landslide, even though later on he talked about shredding votes.
    His threats didn’t even make sense... If they don’t find the votes for Trump to win, then Trump supporters will vote ‘no’ in GA election? WTF does that even mean?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    His threats didn’t even make sense... If they don’t find the votes for Trump to win, then Trump supporters will vote ‘no’ in GA election? WTF does that even mean?
    Trump doesn't give a shit about the GOP. So this is him threatening Republicans with "Do as I say, or I'm fucking you out of spite."
    Last edited by Belize; 2021-01-04 at 02:16 PM.

I actually hope Georgian Trump supporters are dumb enough to follow their dear leader's instructions and not vote so they throw the Senate. Their doing nothing would actually be their greatest contribution to the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    I actually hope Georgian Trump supporters are dumb enough to follow their dear leader's instructions and not vote so they throw the Senate.
    I think there's legit fear in what's left of the Republican Party that Trump will do exactly this shit.

The amount of eye-rolls and face palms from the Georgian side of the call must have been epic. And the restraint for them to not call him a dumbass would have made me pass out from shear effort to hold my tongue and be "respectful" to the office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    The amount of eye-rolls and face palms from the Georgian side of the call must have been epic.
    Yeah, thank goodness Trump is too egotistical to use Face Time. The only face he wants on the screen is his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized something... GOP at least used to give grades on their important issues for candidates. Like, someone who is pontificating against gay rights and abortion would get an A if they are loud enough. The same goes for all conservative values, from trickle down to unregulated trade.

I think starting with 2022, we will see ‘level of supporting Trump’ as a new conservative value they can use as a distinguishing measure between candidates.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think starting with 2022, we will see ‘level of supporting Trump’ as a new conservative value they can use as a distinguishing measure between candidates.
    Interesting thought. No.

All Republicans who supported Trump under 90% either resigned or were voted out. Useful a metric as it might be in abstract, it'll be useless in practice. It's like asking about GPA at a school famous for grade inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Wonder if he did the same with the other states he thinks he actually won.

We must have heard different audio.
    Of course, if he were merely and genuinely concerned with election integrity, he wouldn't "need to find 11780 votes."
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Name any time pre-2020 this happend. Because I don't remember the "same old outrage" going to court dozens of times, etc, in any previuos Presidential election.

- - - Updated - - -

"We have a country to fix"
    I’ll rephrase. I expect no less from the slimey gobshites that are those Senators. It’s same old from them.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gayle...b6e7974fd49236

According to one Republican lady, taxation with representation is RADICAL LEFT stuff. She opposes DC (and Puerto Rico) statehood as a result.

Because apparently going to war over taxation without representation is a holy cause, but taxing your own citizens without representation is totes fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    God I really hope the Democrats and the NON insane half of the GOP throws the book at Trump once he's out of office. The GOP Senate already voted against removing Trump from office for crimes committed, but maybe they will finally hold him accountable when he's no longer in a position of power. Doubtful, but we can hope.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gayle...b6e7974fd49236

According to one Republican lady, taxation with representation is RADICAL LEFT stuff. She opposes DC (and Puerto Rico) statehood as a result.

Because apparently going to war over taxation without representation is a holy cause, but taxing your own citizens without representation is totes fine.
    Note that the patriarchal attitude towards protectorates is not meaningfully different in any respect to the patriarchal attitude of the monarchy towards the colonies, back in the day.

Literally the same basic issues. The only thing that should act as a barrier to Puerto Rico's statehood is Puerto Rico's citizens; statehood should be a legal inevitability if you surpass a certain minimum population and have remained a protectorate for a certain period of time. Wyoming has less than 600,000 citizens, so that's a reasonable upper limit on population requirements (as in, no higher than that of the least-populated extant State; you could easily set the population limit lower), and Hawaii went from a territory to a full State in just over 60 years, and that's a reasonable upper bound on the time frame.

Puerto Rico's been in US hands since 1898 (like Hawaii), and has a population north of 3 million, so it probably should've become a state at the same time as Hawaii. That it isn't yet a state is basically an embarassment.

Someone is FINALLY threatening to turn this car around right now.

Per the District judge in the Pence "case":

"Yet even that may be letting Plaintiffs off the hook too lightly. Their failure to make any effort to serve or formally notify any Defendant—even after reminder by the Court in its Minute Order—renders it difficult to believe that the suit is meant seriously. Courts are not instruments through which parties engage in such gamesmanship or symbolic political gestures. As a result, at the conclusion of this litigation, the Court will determine whether to issue an order to show cause why this matter should not be referred to its Committee on Grievances for potential discipline of Plaintiffs’ counsel."

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...?2020cv3791-10
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Chip Roy, a retiring Texas Republican House member did something very worth noting on Sunday night: He objected to the seating of 67 House members -- Democrats and Republicans -- from six states (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin) where President Donald Trump and other Republicans have alleged, without proof, that there was widespread voter fraud.

As Roy explained in a statement explaining his objection:

"I do not make this objection lightly and take no pleasure in it, but believe that I am compelled to do so because a number of my colleagues -- whom I hold in high regard -- have publicly stated that they plan to object to the acceptance of electors from those particular six states due to their deeply held belief that those states conducted elections plagued by statewide, systemic fraud and abuse that leaves them absolutely no way for this chamber or our constituents to trust the validity of their elections.

"Such allegations -- if true -- raise significant doubts about the elections of at least some of the members of the United States House of Representatives that, if not formally addressed, could cast a dark cloud of suspicion over the validity of this body for the duration of the 117th Congress. After all, those representatives were elected through the very same systems -- with the same ballot procedures, with the same signature validations, with the same broadly applied decisions of executive and judicial branch officials -- as were the electors chosen for the President of the United States under the laws of those states, which have become the subject of national controversy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Someone is FINALLY threatening to turn this car around right now.

Per the District judge in the Pence "case":

"Yet even that may be letting Plaintiffs off the hook too lightly. Their failure to make any effort to serve or formally notify any Defendant—even after reminder by the Court in its Minute Order—renders it difficult to believe that the suit is meant seriously. Courts are not instruments through which parties engage in such gamesmanship or symbolic political gestures. As a result, at the conclusion of this litigation, the Court will determine whether to issue an order to show cause why this matter should not be referred to its Committee on Grievances for potential discipline of Plaintiffs’ counsel."

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...?2020cv3791-10
    Good. People need to be scared to try anything like this again. Legal examples need to be made.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Good. People need to be scared to try anything like this again. Legal examples need to be made.
    This past month has been a treasure trove when it comes to "lawyers who probably need to have a law review in front of their state's ABA to reconsider whether or not they should have a license to practice law".

The same could be said for some doctors during this pandemic, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Chip Roy, a retiring Texas Republican House member did something very worth noting on Sunday night: He objected to the seating of 67 House members -- Democrats and Republicans -- from six states (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin) where President Donald Trump and other Republicans have alleged, without proof, that there was widespread voter fraud.

As Roy explained in a statement explaining his objection:
    Now someone is talking about the house results. Too bad its useless. Just from looking quickly, the court case Powell v. McCormack back in 1969, has limited their powers to actually refuse to seat members unless they do not meet the requirements of age, citizenship or residency.

The most recent case was back in 2008/2009 and it only delayed it by a few days. This guy is a joke. The key word is retiring there. Needs to but out and stop trying to pull a trump and wreck as much as he can on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?