Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    -snip-
    they lost more than half of their population, and they don't look like they can repopulate anytime soon; also wtf that's your idea of revenge?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Players need to accept that they can't have everything. Ten elves hiding in a Dire Maul basement doesn't warrant a new allied race or customisation options to represent one.
    10? I thought the highborne were a much larger group now, didn't loads more shend'ralar leave the city (realistically likely in the region of a few hundred? and they recruited a whole lot more Darnassians to their rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    The lion's share of the Highborne were either trapped in Suramar or exiled with Dath'remar Sunstrider and became High Elves
    from what we know Eldre'thalas , was the largest surviving community of highborne. They were a city full of highborne and were thriving till 1000 years ago. Suramar was not all highborne, the highborne were the elite class, people like Margaux and Silgyrn are referred to as lowborne - they aren't highborne - Suramar is a typical kaldorei pre-sundering city having several castes and groups.

As far as I know only those who chose to re-identify as highborne in defiance of the druid ban on using the arcane left with Darth'remar, the lore tells us there were other arcane mage experts, Moonguard and Highborne alike, some of whom picked up Druidsm, that didn't ultimately join Darth'Remar, these rejoin the re-instated highborne order in Cataclysm, and are also the highborne you fight in Azshara levelling zone.

My impression was that it was only the zin'Azshari highborne group directly under Darth'remar that left with him, which is why they have blond and yellow hair, with reddish tones, because it was a feature of that group. Other highborne survivors and Moonguard didn't join them. Status conscious as night elves are, the fact that it was that particualr group that had been making the portals would have dropped them down the pecking order, might even be possibly some of those snooty night elves, even the other highborne ones would think themselves better because they were not"that group" I could be wrong on this - I'm just giving my impression here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    10? I thought the highborne were a much larger group now, didn't loads more shend'ralar leave the city (realistically likely in the region of a few hundred? and they recruited a whole lot more Darnassians to their rank.

from what we know Eldre'thalas , was the largest surviving community of highborne. They were a city full of highborne and were thriving till 1000 years ago. Suramar was not all highborne, the highborne were the elite class, people like Margaux and Silgyrn are referred to as lowborne - they aren't highborne - Suramar is a typical kaldorei pre-sundering city having several castes and groups.

As far as I know only those who chose to re-identify as highborne in defiance of the druid ban on using the arcane left with Darth'remar, the lore tells us there were other arcane mage experts, Moonguard and Highborne alike, some of whom picked up Druidsm, that didn't ultimately join Darth'Remar, these rejoin the re-instated highborne order in Cataclysm, and are also the highborne you fight in Azshara levelling zone.

My impression was that it was only the zin'Azshari highborne group directly under Darth'remar that left with him, which is why they have blond and yellow hair, with reddish tones, because it was a feature of that group. Other highborne survivors and Moonguard didn't join them. Status conscious as night elves are, the fact that it was that particualr group that had been making the portals would have dropped them down the pecking order, might even be possibly some of those snooty night elves, even the other highborne ones would think themselves better because they were not"that group" I could be wrong on this - I'm just giving my impression here.
    also playing through cata kalimdor zones almost every alliance content and zones are night elf themed with feralas also using high borne stories
    high borne officially returned to the kaldorei with cataclysm. it's just not sooo present everywhere but still canon.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...