Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alterno View Post
    This is a great mistake from blizzard, Sony EQ did this and believe me, this kind of stuff doesn't work in mid/long term. I would have recommended to update the old content according to the current lore, a little like they did with CATA, just done right.
    Updating old content is a “little” more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Seems a little lazy for a company with hundreds of workers that makes $15 a month from millions of users.

$15 a month.
    Who the fuck cares about the starting zones? Your in them for an hour tops. Id rather they used resources on important things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, that's what you get when you don't pay attention to story.

He's not commanding anything in Wrath - Because Arthas is still alive in Northrend. Hence why, even without the Helm of Dominion, the Scourge is STILL attacking everything in Wrath content.
    Lmao what? Bolvar became the Lich King, in canon, during Wrath. The fact that you can rationalise this away as "oh well obviously everything that is happening in questing zones happens before the Arthas fight", but not rationalise Exile's Reach as just being a one-off story beat, means that you're just looking for a reason to be angry. This game has always had incongruity in storylines because they absolutely have to take a backseat to the gameplay. That's the real reason you still fight the Scourge in Northrend - because if they didn't exist, like they logically wouldn't, then 80%+ of the questing and world content in that expansion would also cease to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    $15 a month lol
    "$15 a month" is not a good argument.

Meanwhile, you get free entertainment for the next 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Veterans can choose which zone they want to start a new character in, either the normal zone that character would start in or this one.
    I meant veteran characters, players who focus on one main and collect all

Herald of the Titans Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Have they said anything about how starter accounts are going to work now if they're even going to have them anymore or just regress back to trials?
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao what? Bolvar became the Lich King, in canon, during Wrath. The fact that you can rationalise this away as "oh well obviously everything that is happening in questing zones happens before the Arthas fight", but not rationalise Exile's Reach as just being a one-off story beat, means that you're just looking for a reason to be angry. This game has always had incongruity in storylines because they absolutely have to take a backseat to the gameplay. That's the real reason you still fight the Scourge in Northrend - because if they didn't exist, like they logically wouldn't, then 80%+ of the questing and world content in that expansion would also cease to exist.
    You're not very smart, are you?

Northrend exists pre-Cata because... you could play through Northrend prior to Cataclysm, which is Wrath. All of it. Even up to Icecrown. None of it was not available, that's why it's pre-Cata content where Arthas is alive, because back IN Wrath, Arthas was still alive then.

This island doesn't exist in any space in time, at all. Is Arthas alive? Is Bolvar the Lich King? Is Sylvanas warchief? Is Thrall? Garrosh? Baine? Is Varian alive? Has the Broken Shore occurred? Are we back in Pre-BC times? Post-Cata? Pre-Cata?
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-04-11 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Honestly... having just introduced four completely new players to the game i applaud this.

The introduction to the game (and the speed of progression) makes VERY little sense to the point where new players level up way faster than they learn because there is no focused "tutorial" to the game. Tell players how to access their spell books, turn on more action bars, notice their extra action button, use specializations etc.

It has honestly baffled my how completely noob-unfriendly the game is. Things that are intuitive for us as veterans are not even thought of by new players.

I think this is a step in the right direction.

If you've leveled a character through this experience before, or are a veteran player, you will be able to opt out of this zone.
    Do we know yet exactly what the criteria is to be flagged as a "veteran player"? Trying to figure out if I need to re-sub and hit max level before Shadowlands drops. I've played off and on for years, just haven't touched BfA yet.