Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Mythic Dungeon International 2020

Mythic Dungeon International 2020
    MDI 2020 has started! Today's broadcast is EU & Asia Cup 2 (Day 2 Lower Quarters) and starts at 10am PT (7pm CET).

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re back, dungeon-runners! The Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) is coming to YouTube beginning April 11. There have been some major changes this year, but the MDI is still pushing the craziest keys and facing the most fearsome affixes. Here’s everything you need to know.

Where to Watch

All of the MDI events this year will be streamed live via YouTube. You can subscribe to the Warcraft YouTube channel and hit the bell to be notified when broadcasts are live. Check out the Warcraft YouTube Community tab for more great content.

Format Changes

We’ve made a few changes to the format this year, the Europe and Asia (EU/Asia) division includes players from Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Korea, China, and Taiwan.

The Americas division includes players from The Americas, Australia, and New Zealand.

Teams will participate in the division based on where the majority of their team’s players reside.

Broadcast Schedule

All MDI Cups will broadcast on Saturdays and Sundays local region time on the Warcraft YouTube channel. See below for the broadcast dates and start times by region.

• EU / Asia Cup 1 - April 11-12, 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time - April 11-12, 7:00 p.m. Central European Time
    • Americas Cup 1 - April 18-19, 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time - April 18-19, 7:00 p.m. Central European Time
    • EU / Asia Cup 2 - April 25-26, 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time - April 25-26, 7:00 p.m. Central European Time
    • Americas Cup 2 - May 2-3, 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time - May 2-3, 7:00 p.m. Central European Time
    • EU / Asia Cup 3 - May 9-10, 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time - May 9-10, 7:00 p.m. Central European Time
    • Americas Cup 3 - May 16-17, 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time - May 16-17, 7:00 p.m. Central European Time

New Year, New Dungeon, New Affi

We’ve added a new dungeon to the rotation this year with Operation: Mechagon. This dungeon provides 8 challenging bosses split in two separate wings—Junkyard and Workshop.

New Affix: Awakened

With the Visions of N'Zoth content update comes a new season of competitive play and a new Affix to contend with—Awakened.

While the Awakened affix is active, players will discover obelisks throughout the dungeon, which will pull players through the veil to the shadowy world of Ny’alotha. There, players will confront a powerful servant of N’Zoth which they must defeat, or the servant will join forces with the final boss in the instance.

Language Streams

Casters

Hailing from Italy, Caroline “Naguura” Forer has come a long way from waiting for her brothers to get off the computer so she could log in and play her Paladin. “When I couldn't play, I would just sit for hours and watch my brothers play, then jump straight on as soon as they left the chair,” she said. From Paladin to Druid and from healing to damage, Caroline grew up with the game and went on to establish herself at the core of the EU PvE scene. Now with years of experience, a multitude of World Firsts under her belt, and her own forays into WoW esports (both competing and casting), she returns to the MDI casting team.

Former captain of the 4-man MDI team Sinking Ship, and self-proclaimed #2 Balance Druid, Peyton “Tettles” Tettleton’s appearance on the MDI desk will be one for the ages. Overall, his goal for the broadcast is to help viewers understand what makes the runs successful. “There is a lot of nuance in Mythic Keystone dungeons, and being able to teach the path to victory for each team is important,” he said. You can catch him on his stream or on YouTube, where he primarily focuses on PVE content. He also authors the Wowhead Balance Druid Guide. He loves a good-natured meme and ridiculous photoshopped photos of himself.

Dan "AutomaticJak" Anzenberger has been a part of the MDI crew since the beginning, and he’s been topping off health pools in World of Warcraft for many years. He is most well-known for his healing guides for the past three expansions on YouTube and Wowhead, where he plays all healers but specializes in Holy/Discipline Priest and Mistweaver Monk. He enjoys sharing his love of healing, so if you’re a healer looking to step up your game, or a tank/DPS looking to better understand your healers, Jak will be here to cover it all.

Alex "Xyronic" Tatge is a Warlock extraordinaire, winning the first U.S. World First in the past eight years. You can find his guides on Wowhead, where he breaks down everything a master of shadow magic would need to know, including talent builds, Azerite gear, spell rotations, macros and addons, Mythic+ guides, and more.

Tristan "Dratnos" Killeen is a jack of all trades in World of Warcraft PvE. Raiding at a high level himself, he's also done coverage for the Race to World First. In Mythic Keystone dungeons, he creates routes for each dungeon every week, and nearly made it to an MDI cup. Dratnos has a thorough understanding of all the different things that can go wrong in a dungeon and is ready to share that wisdom with you.

Gillian “Eiya” Long started working in esports in 2016. She has worked as a stats producer, observer, and tournament admin, and her passion for WoW esports is evident behind the camera and in-front. A WoW fan since Burning Crusade, Eiya debuted as sideline reporter and host last year. Most recently, she hosted the Complexity Limit Race to World First and the Keystone Masters Tournament.

Going Remote

For the health and safety of our casters and staff, the MDI will be moving to broadcast remotely. Fortunately, our broadcast schedule will continue as planned while our production and casters will be working from home.

Stay Connected

Stay connected and stay on top of the latest news by following us on YouTube and Twitter. Check out Raider.IO, and check out the broadcast schedule on our esports page.

Make sure to tune in this weekend and join the discussion on the forums here.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-04-26 at 05:08 PM.

I really hope they stop with this stupid shit, something so unpopular that gets less and less views each year.. Good god. Once this trash gets abandoned, dungeons can be good again and not designed around this fuckery

MDI - ruining WOW for years.

Stop with this garbage, it does nothing but destroy the game we love and so few people care.

WOW isn't an esport, it's an MMORPG.

2 repiles above my 2 cents.

If you don't like it, then you can f*** right back off to classic instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    2 repiles above my 2 cents.

If you don't like it, then you can f*** right back off to classic instead!
    I mean that's an option, and a lot of people have which is why Classic has the queue and retail does not lmao.

I care so much that I just had to post this comment about how much I don't care about wow e-sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I mean that's an option, and a lot of people have which is why Classic has the queue and retail does not lmao.
    Yeah right i have classic open there are barely players on now keep reaching here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Yeah right i have classic open there are barely players on now keep reaching here.
    You're a fucking idiot. Classic is PACKED and a ton of realms have a queue.

well a que isnt rly a good indicator of anything,because we all know why classic has a que and retail doesnt,and its not because classic has all these extra players,its because retail has a much larger server capacity and realms are conected,its almost imposible for ques,even when xpacs launched it wasnt an issue,also classic has a big issue with people just funneling themselves on the top servers,plenty of classic realms are low,an issue retail doesnt have

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well a que isnt rly a good indicator of anything,because we all know why classic has a que and retail doesnt,and its not because classic has all these extra players,its because retail has a much larger server capacity and realms are conected,its almost imposible for ques,even when xpacs launched it wasnt an issue,also classic has a big issue with people just funneling themselves on the top servers,plenty of classic realms are low,an issue retail doesnt have
    Or it's because Classic is more popular.

And lol @ it wasn't an issue when xpacs launched. WotLK was a fucking queue simulator for a month.

And lol @ it wasn't an issue when xpacs launched. WotLK was a fucking queue simulator for a month.
    well i didnt say classic isnt more popular,even if it was,my points still stand all the same,and in wrath things didnt work cross realm the way they do today,wrath wasnt even peak numbers at launch,do you have any more dishonest remarks?

well i didnt say classic isnt more popular,even if it was,my points still stand all the same,and in wrath things didnt work cross realm the way they do today,wrath wasnt even peak numbers at launch,do you have any more dishonest remarks?
    The reason there isn't a queue on retail is because It's dead. I don't know how else to say it for you to realize it.

And excuse me, on Wrath's launch it had 11 MILLION subs, and grew to 12 million.

3+ Year Old Account

Wotlk had half of the player capacity then live servers and obviously more players played wow back then, nobody can argue with that.
    Also retail has 10 or more times more servers than classic, thats why there are no ques lmao. Also the more popular retail servers have more active guilds than the popular classic realms.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Wotlk had half of the player capacity then live servers and obviously more players played wow back then, nobody can argue with that.
    Also retail has 10 or more times more servers than classic, thats why there are no ques lmao. Also the more popular retail servers have more active guilds than the popular classic realms.
    And 90% of those realms are dead. The two top realms have between 12k to 14k players, the next have 7k.

You're a fucking idiot. Classic is PACKED and a ton of realms have a queue.
    Sure keep dreaming.

The reason there isn't a queue on retail is because It's dead. I don't know how else to say it for you to realize it.

And excuse me, on Wrath's launch it had 11 MILLION subs, and grew to 12 million.
    oh boy...yeah,im sure the reason is the one you gave that you have zero proof for and tottaly not the FACTS we know....classic has fewer realms,no cross realm,no sharding,a much smaller real capacity,and people are funneled on the big realms,im sure all those FACTS have NOTHING to do with the ques lol,gotta love the classic fanatism,its basicaly a religion at this point....i like classic also btw,but im not a zealon that ignores reality

yeah man it's dead looks at hes queued full server lol!

oh boy...yeah,im sure the reason is the one you gave that you have zero proof for and tottaly not the FACTS we know....classic has fewer realms,no cross realm,no sharding,a much smaller real capacity,and people are funneled on the big realms,im sure all those FACTS have NOTHING to do with the ques lol,gotta love the classic fanatism,its basicaly a religion at this point....i like classic also btw,but im not a zealon that ignores reality
    And I'm not either, Classic has more people playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    yeah man it's dead looks at hes queued full server lol!
    Guaranteed LFR hero/WQ expert.

Hes a moron classic barely has servers of course it looks not dead but it truely is dead r.i.p classic.Retail has 200 plus servers over shadowing classic by a landslide.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2020-04-11 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    pretty sure they are trolling,this person is just ignoring the facts we know and claiming their opinion as reality,the point here is,that even if retail had 20 times more players than classic.....it would still not have que issues like classic has