5+ Year Old Account

Official BLOOD Elf Discussion Megathread

Hello there!

Today when i woke up i didnt expect that this day gonna end like that. I watned to see about datamining on wowhead so i saw new skin colour for pandaren and worgen but wait! there is more...
    BLOOD ELF NEW SKIN COLOURS ARE BLACK WTF
    i dont have anything about black people thats for sure but they are blood elfes... they always were scribed as fair skinned its just dont fell alrighty what about getting blue orcs? or fel padarens now? because why not.

if you dont have a problem with something such as blue fur pandaren which has no lore but have a problem with dark skinned elves, im pretty sure you know what that is stemming from. also what is the point of this thread except to stir up the pot and cause drama
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

They should add a black skin option to Night Elves as well. And maybe Asian Dwarves, or White Orcs and Trolls

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    if you dont have a problem with something such as blue fur pandaren which has no lore but have a problem with dark skinned elves, im pretty sure you know what that is stemming from. also what is the point of this thread except to stir up the pot and cause drama
    Didnt even take more than one reply for people to imply you are racist even though you re pointing out something relatively valid. Living in 2020 is a wonderful social time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    blue fur its cuz they now can be death knights you know blue colour>ice>notrthened etc. BUT You said that blue fur ahs no lore but white skinned elves HAS so go f**k yourself

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Given that blood elfs tend to get darker the more fel they take in there being a middle ground between full on fel blood elfs makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Given that blood elfs tend to get darker the more fel they take in there being a middle ground between full on fel blood elfs makes perfect sense.

I was really hoping for red skin, it's so strange to me that they would just go yellow-brown for the sake of making them look more human with no explanation. The darker skin should be more red than it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I was really hoping for red skin, it's so strange to me that they would just go yellow-brown for the sake of making them look more human with no explanation.
    Is an explanation really needed? We know blood elfs vary on the level of fel they took in and if they want to say full on fel blood elfs are a no go a middle ground would make sense for those who dabbled but didn’t go all the way into full fel ness.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Didnt even take more than one reply for people to imply you are racist even though you re pointing out something relatively valid. Living in 2020 is a wonderful social time.
    And it only took one post to wake the "baaah you can't say anything anymore"-entitled whiners.

If someone finds an issue about a fucking option to put dark features on your fictional character and hides behind lore issues it's pretty fucking obvious what the gripe is.

I hope one day blizzard adds like new human kingdoms with Back natives and Asian natives.
    Every human kingdom so far has been inspired by European medieval culture so suddenly having Blacks and Asians show up feels odd,personally i don't have a problem with it but from a lore world perspective it just feels weird.

As for the Black Blood elves,i just imagine they are offsprings from Black humans and Blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    I hope one day blizzard adds like new human kingdoms with Back natives and Asian natives.
    Every human kingdom so far has been inspired by European medieval culture so suddenly having Blacks and Asians show up feels odd,personally i don't have a problem with it but from a lore world perspective it just feels weird.

As for the Black Blood elves,i just imagine they are offsprings from Black humans and Blood elves.
    Sure there's lots of stuff inspired by other ethnicities. They are just for some reason made to be animal characters and trolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post

Human variation haven’t suddenly shown up they were in classic then shown again in the varian comic dark rider comic ect, they have been around for years. Warcraft humans have never been shown to draw culture lines based on race so there’s no reason to start now.

As far as blood elf’s go the most likely explanation is differing levels of fel as we know since tbc that more fel does different things to skin including making blood elfs pitch black.

I always thought that High/Blood Elves had lighter skin than Night Elves just to be the contrast for them. Night Elves - dark skin(their connection to night - Elune), High/Blood Elves - light skin(their connection to sun - Sunwell).

Night elves with darker skins look cool. High/Blood Elves? Dark/brown skin color just looks aesthetically bad.

Are we really comparing a choice of dark skin on videogame, that btw you are not forced to use, to Hollywood whitewashing? And you're calling me dipshit lmao.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Let us be real for a second here.

We ALL know this is blizzards hamfisted way of forcing "diversity".

I can understand adding different skin colors to the human race in order to be more diverse, but forcing that mentality on to a race known for not having dark skin is just stupid. Might as well add pink orcs for some human representation lol. But whatever.

The highlight for me is that blood elves might be getting blue eyes. Oh man the alliance high elf idiots are gonna rage and it's gonna be hilarious. Though I am sad blood elves don't seem to be getting "better" customization, such as cool scars or higher quality beards ala lorthemar.
    There is no reason not to add darker skinned options we have known for a loooooong time that more fel=darker elfs hell we had that even recently shown with demon hunters so sticking to what’s already established and adding more options makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    They should add a black skin option to Night Elves as well. And maybe Asian Dwarves, or White Orcs and Trolls
    i think there is white orcs and trolls already, some sort of old extinguished clan in wod, and the drakkari, maybe they could bring then up
    Last edited by Georg Von Vitzthum; 2020-04-10 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Human variation haven’t suddenly shown up they were in classic then shown again in the varian comic dark rider comic ect, they have been around for years. Warcraft humans have never been shown to draw culture lines based on race so there’s no reason to start now.

As far as blood elf’s go the most likely explanation is differing levels of fel as we know since tbc that more fel does different things to skin including making blood elfs pitch black.
    Maybe yes but it's just a idea so that most people can shut up about it being forced diversity (wich it actually is)

Blood elves are one of the most played races so ofc Blizzard felt the need to add Black Blood Elves to please a few people.

Sure Blizzard can explain by saying it is the fel making them pitch black but the real reason is is diversity

So there's a lore explanation to all this but these fucking "forced diversity"-conspiracy theorists refuse to take it but instead get their sensitive white priviledge offended about it.

Even worse than racist is spineless little shits who lack the balls to stand behind their shitty ideology.

Blood elves are humans with pointy ears. I don't see the problem with them having black skin. If anything, they should also have asian customization options, One high elf in the Warcraft movie was asian:

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There are already several active threads discussing the new Blood Elf customization options, there is scarcely a need for another. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead