Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    As the title implies I'm going to drop the bomb as early as now and say Odyn would be the ENDGAME boss for Shadowlands.

I will release a series of discourse as we go along the development of Shadowlands contents from, Alpha, beta, live and various interweaving topics.

Shadowlands deal with the mythos of afterlife in WoW and the enigmatic status of the departed. Is there a life after death? What is on the other side?

"This world is a prison, and I will set us all free." - Sylvanas Windrunner
    The dead stays dead not until there is somebody to beckon them to ressurect back to life. There are priests, paladins, druids, shamans and other methods such as soulstones, defiblators and others. Then there are Valkyrs.

Since SL is still currently on Alpha, I wouldn't drop everything all at once but I have some evidence ready, waiting.
    The last boss is the jailer, get over it
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Jailer needs, Jailer wants... Potato Potato.
    In order for the funnel to exist inthe first place, you need someone to set up the entire funnel system in the first place; Since NO ONE (player excluded) can leave the Maw once in, the Jailer couldn't have set up the funnel, nor could he have had anyone else to do it, simply because...........How do you make first contact with anyone, you cannot contact?

The funnel MUST have appeared WITHOUT the Jailer's interaction and/or concent.
    You're forgetting two things: 1) The Jailer has stooges outside the Maw who are actively interfering with the other Covenants. A large part of our activities in during the leveling campaign is ousting them. Your assumption that he cannot affect events outside the Maw is incorrect.
    2) The possibility that the funnel always existed and the Maw is simply the default destination, meaning the purpose of the Arbiter is to divert souls from the maw.

Since the Arbiter going offline caused everybody to go to the Maw, 2) is extremely likely.

I know we have Necrolords, who could also be considered evil, but as I see it, it's a different kind of evil.. It's still something that would require active judgement.
    What makes them evil? Their main purpose is defending the Shadowlands against outside incursion. That doesn't sound particularly negative.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're forgetting two things: 1) The Jailer has stooges outside the Maw who are actively interfering with the other Covenants. A large part of our activities in during the leveling campaign is ousting them. Your assumption that he cannot affect events outside the Maw is incorrect.
    2) The possibility that the funnel always existed and the Maw is simply the default destination, meaning the purpose of the Arbiter is to divert souls from the maw.

Since the Arbiter going offline caused everybody to go to the Maw, 2) is extremely likely.

What makes them evil? Their main purpose is defending the Shadowlands against outside incursion. That doesn't sound particularly negative.
    If you are following the α testing 2 of the other 3 covenants are pointing at the winter queen for whatever apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    If you are following the α testing 2 of the other 3 covenants are pointing at the winter queen for whatever apparent reason.
    And if you were following it, you'd already know that's a red herring.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope its not jailer cuz he is so not badass finalboss i hope for something like sylvanas betrayal him and then she turns into something more powerful what means she dies during transformation into better evil

I don't think the Jailer will be the final boss, but i definitely don't think it will be Odyn. I think Sylvannas (as other's have said) may be this expac's Guldan. And the Jailer maybe the this packs KJ. Then we may have to face the a corrupted arbiter or someone else who is benefiting from all the chaos. Honestly would be interesting if Arthas comes out of left field trying to regain a more powerful version of the Lich King's powers, idk. All opinion obviously.

Has the last boss of an expansion ever been obvious even before release? Aside from wotlk that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jailer but by then we know what he is, and how he came to be. If Sylvanas is meant to be fought, it will be before the Jailor. THat or Sylvanas may try to outwit the Jailer but as she likes to claim "Nothing lasts."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, the Jailer seems like the most likely candidate. But to really answer this question, I think you have to think about what zones the patches are likely to bring in. WoD took us to a fel-based Tanaan Jungle, which gave us Archimonde. Legion took us to Argus, where we fought Argus. BfA took us to Ny'alotha and gave us N'Zoth. Unless there's another pocket dimension that the Jailer has or extra spots of the Maw we just can't get to, I'm not sure why we would explore other zones just to fight someone who is already in the Maw. Unless of course what we see in the Maw is merely a projection and his true self is elsewhere.

That then would be my guess. It is the Jailer, but as his true form in some weird hidden dimension that Sylvanas has revealed while trying to "set us all free."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Right now, the Jailer seems like the most likely candidate. But to really answer this question, I think you have to think about what zones the patches are likely to bring in. WoD took us to a fel-based Tanaan Jungle, which gave us Archimonde. Legion took us to Argus, where we fought Argus. BfA took us to Ny'alotha and gave us N'Zoth. Unless there's another pocket dimension that the Jailer has or extra spots of the Maw we just can't get to, I'm not sure why we would explore other zones just to fight someone who is already in the Maw. Unless of course what we see in the Maw is merely a projection and his true self is elsewhere.

That then would be my guess. It is the Jailer, but as his true form in some weird hidden dimension that Sylvanas has revealed while trying to "set us all free."
    Perhaps an astral prison where it is related to the void or a blackhole, an infinite prison of no escape. Astral prison.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-07-09 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post

Same reason they always have to go elsewhere first? Something they need to fight him is there.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I see it, it's more likely that the Arbiter is a bad guy(ess) than the Jailer is.

Think about it:
    - The Jailer is tasked with keeping convicted souls inside the Maw.
    - The Arbiter is actually deciding who is good (no Maw) or bad (eternaty in Maw).

I have a hard time seeing the Arbiter as a good or even neutral character; it's too much power form be "person".
    And as no one (save the Player) can leave the Maw, EVER, how w i uld the Jailer even set up the funnel from the normal realm to the Maw? That requires outside action.

The Arbiter on the other hand, could have done this for a number of reasons. Examples of reasons but not an exhausted list:
    - Arbiter gone (Malygos level) crazy: All are evil and damned to Maw
    - Arbiter is an evil fuck and did it for fun and kinks
    - Arbiter wants to retire and doesn't give a fuck about her job and just auto-damn every soul
    - Arbiter wants to test the capacity of the Maw and/or create an overflow
    Well, consider the narrative.
    Currently, the Arbiter has "gone dormant"

Do you say that about someone who is an individual, with wants, needs and desires?
    Or do you say that about something that is as much part of the "machinery" of the Shadowlands as the systems titanforged around it?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It’s the Jailer.

They’ve said he’s the overarching villain of this expansion. They wanted to go back to having one after not doing so since... Cata, I guess?
    Mark my words, the story will be better for it. One of the big problems with this game lately has been trying to weave together too many plotlines, and it leads to them being abruptly abandoned despite their seeming importance, or being integrated into others. A good example would be some of the class hall storylines, which had huge implications for the universe in most cases but pretty much all but the Death Knight one were ignored for lore purposes. Yet the creation of each one of those class hall stories detracted from the storytelling and design of the rest of Legion. 8.2 and 8.3 were terrible patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas! Azeroth was merely a setback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Well, consider the narrative.
    Currently, the Arbiter has "gone dormant"

Do you say that about someone who is an individual, with wants, needs and desires?
    Or do you say that about something that is as much part of the "machinery" of the Shadowlands as the systems titanforged around it?
    Gone dormant can line up with scenario 3 I stated.

If you dont want to do your job, first thing you should do, is make sure, no new assignments lands on your desk.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Gone dormant can line up with scenario 3 I stated.

If you dont want to do your job, first thing you should do, is make sure, no new assignments lands on your desk.
    Keyword there being "want", though. To assume the Arbiter has any "wants" is ... well, an assumption on our part.

The display in my wristwatch can stop working. It doesn't mean it "wanted" some time off.

Hehe. Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah the Arbiter seems like a machine. Heck we don't even know if it has always been there. I would not be surprised if the Titans invaded the Shadowlands and installed the Arbiter, imprisoning the Jailer in the process.
    Ding ding ding.
    And you just found out the Jailer's motivation for the entire expansion.

Rage against the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Ding ding ding.
    And you just found out the Jailer's motivation for the entire expansion.

Rage against the machine.
    This is so shit that I want it to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning4 View Post
    This is so shit that I want it to be true.
    All in all he's just another brick in the titanforged wall.

And he wants to break free.
    He wants to break free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean poor Jailer has to face the terror of knowing what the world is about
    He's just a young man, hard man, shoutin' in the Maw;
    Gonna take on the titans some day.
    He's got our blood on his face, a big disgrace.
    Wavin' his banner all over the place.