Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

valorant and other riot games

is valorant closed beta available only to streamers? any chance of getting in or any other game like the card game?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    is valorant closed beta available only to streamers?
    Yes. Limited invite.

any chance of getting in or any other game like the card game?
    Unless you're willing to throw down a lot of money to buy accounts with beta access, no.

Just be patient folks. They'll open up the beta to more people soon enough. Preoccupy your mind with other things while you wait, and it will be here in no time.

is valorant closed beta available only to streamers? any chance of getting in or any other game like the card game?
    I did a forum search to see if anyone here was talking about Valorant. I just got in 2 days ago, I linked my Twitch (I had to make one) because I was interested in the game, but i never really watched much or any of the streamers after the first day or 2. But this Wednesday i got an invite regardless.
    So go sign up for Beta on Riot and you may get lucky, the game releases this summer I believe, so you aren't far off from being able to play without Beta, and who knows about an Open beta.

The game is reaaally good when it works, but cheating is pretty bad. I can't go 5 games without a cheater, and this is just the blatant WH/aimbot ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Oh man, this is hands-down the best shooter I've ever played. It's close to perfect!
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    The game is reaaally good when it works, but cheating is pretty bad. I can't go 5 games without a cheater, and this is just the blatant WH/aimbot ones.
    Yep, this. EU is infested with cheaters. It really blows. I don't even like Vanguard either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Oh man, this is hands-down the best shooter I've ever played. It's close to perfect!
    By best, you mean if only care about a very very specific kind of shooter.

Also allowing a rootkit on your machine to play a free game.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Yep, this. EU is infested with cheaters. It really blows. I don't even like Vanguard either.
    Feels to me like it got a bit better since launch, though you're still gonna be getting headshotted by people turning around while jumping and getting shot at in 0.3 second.

Yesterday, I played valorant for the first time. For 7 consecutive runs, I died even without shooting a single bullet to enemy. It took me 7 rounds to figure my shit out.
    For the rest of the game, did not die once, landed 9 kills finished the game winning.

I may try 1 or 2 more games tonight but, i see it is %100 clone of overwatch. It offers nothing new. And that cheap art style that is being used by many companies these days.

I will probably uninstall tonight after a few more games.

before blaming being overwatch fanboy, no i do not play overwatch. Have not touched it for 2 years I guess.

And excuse me but what the fuck is that vanguard? WHy does it have to run on start up? cant it start when you launch the game? it is bullshit. I disabled it from services on startup but then again, it cannot be started manually. The game gives error saying vanguards needs to restart after manually enabling it.

and that is the biggest reason I am going to uninstall. You cannot dictate me what to run at start up. I decide that. well except the windows essentials I guess.
    Last edited by Gref; 2020-06-04 at 12:38 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like it, but then I never got in CS either and it's that type of shooter. Probably just not a game for me, hope it continues to do well though.

Speaking of Riot games I'm really not a fan of LoL or their hearthstone clone, but TFT is good stuff.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Yesterday, I played valorant for the first time. For 7 consecutive runs, I died even without shooting a single bullet to enemy. It took me 7 rounds to figure my shit out.
    For the rest of the game, did not die once, landed 9 kills finished the game winning.

I may try 1 or 2 more games tonight but, i see it is %100 clone of overwatch. It offers nothing new. And that cheap art style that is being used by many companies these days.

I will probably uninstall tonight after a few more games.

before blaming being overwatch fanboy, no i do not play overwatch. Have not touched it for 2 years I guess.

And excuse me but what the fuck is that vanguard? WHy does it have to run on start up? cant it start when you launch the game? it is bullshit. I disabled it from services on startup but then again, it cannot be started manually. The game gives error saying vanguards needs to restart after manually enabling it.

and that is the biggest reason I am going to uninstall. You cannot dictate me what to run at start up. I decide that. well except the windows essentials I guess.
    Vanguard is a rootkit. Windows asks it what to do.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    By best, you mean if only care about a very very specific kind of shooter.

Also allowing a rootkit on your machine to play a free game.
    No. I mean of all competitive shooters I've played - and I've played them all - Valorant is the best in every possible way.

- - - Updated - - -

Feels to me like it got a bit better since launch, though you're still gonna be getting headshotted by people turning around while jumping and getting shot at in 0.3 second.
    It can happen, but it barely does. I honestly haven't encountered any blatant cheaters so far.

- - - Updated - - -

finished the game winning.

If you would've said a 100% clone of CS - but better - I would've agreed. But overwatch? Hahahaha Valorant is about as similar to Overwatch as Overwatch is to Fortnite.

Vanguard is their Anti Cheat system, which is capable of hardware bans. It's an excellent system that bans cheaters and keeps them out; making a new account doesn't work.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-06-04 at 10:58 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

No. I mean of all competitive shooters I've played - and I've played them all - Valorant is the best in every possible way.
    I really want to know what makes it so. I am quite experienced in fps games. But no matter how I look at it, valorant looks, so generic, 3 women characters look like they are the same character but have different skin. , so dull, copy cat and slow as fuck. Even cs feels faster. and that vanguard, i cannot exit it normally, it starts automatically wth? I have completed 2 other games and 3 games is enough for me I guess.

I wonder I am playing it wrong? because I really want to have a game where I can go ranked with quick queues.
    pubg-fortnite are plain garbage. apex was mehh better than these 2. overwatch fuck that shit I am fed up with tanking while 3 idiots pick dps and do shit.modern warfare, has no rank, there is actually, but not in the same way I want. I did not touch cs after reaching master guardian 2 which is like 5 years ago.

I really want to like the game but... well i will try tonight as well.

- - - Updated - - -

If you would've said a 100% clone of CS - but better - I would've agreed. But overwatch? Hahahaha
    are you kidding? the guy i played is exact same as hanzo with a drone. exact same ulti, exact same skills.
    the other guy is copy of reaper.

as for cs, yes it has some cs as well, that walking speed *feels slower than cs though* and buying weapons armor, and how weapons work is cs.

Can you tell me why? I'm not a FPS-person because, well, I can't aim, at all so I'm curious to what makes it so great. Also mind that I don't really know how Valorant works. When I look at Valorant I think of a mix between Overwatch and CS:Go, is that close to the truth?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I really want to know what makes it so.

are you kidding? the guy i played is exact same as hanzo with a drone. exact same ulti, exact same skills.
    the other guy is copy of reaper.

as for cs, yes it has some cs as well, that walking speed *feels slower than cs though* and buying weapons armor, and how weapons work is cs.
    What makes it so? Well, there are quite a lot of reasons. First of all, it's catered towards competitive gamers with a history in CS (which is why I like it so much, being a 1.6 CS veteran). This fact alone meant they focused a ton of resources on what made CS (source,go) frustrating in the competitive scene.

Riot basically looked at the best competitive shooter there ever was, fixed everything that was wrong with it and added extreme depth while doing so.

Then we have the fact that it runs perfectly, the netcode is nigh flawless, the map design is genius, the classes add depth, the sound is on-point, the buy system is perfected and myriads of other qol adaptations.

Yes, it might look like overcrap superficially, but it's not like it that at all. It literally is an updated version of Counter Strike, which isn't that surprising, considering they have quite a few CS players from the competitive scene in their team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Can you tell me why? I'm not a FPS-person because, well, I can't aim, at all so I'm curious to what makes it so great. Also mind that I don't really know how Valorant works. When I look at Valorant I think of a mix between Overwatch and CS:Go, is that close to the truth?
    It looks a bit like overwatch, but the game play is 100% counterstrike. Which, unfortunately for you, means that precise aim is of utmost importance. There's no spraying in Valorant; you either hit a headshot or you lose the gunfight. Period. Obviously, this could be different at the lower end of skill based match making; I've seen people jumping around corners and spraying as if it were crap of duty. Looks good, doesn't work.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-06-04 at 11:25 AM.

It can happen, but it barely does. I honestly haven't encountered any blatant cheaters so far.
    There are few blatant cheaters, they know what happens when they get found out and they are deliberately playing worse than they could. As in, they let themselves get killed at times, miss shots/abilities, etc. You can spot them when they sometimes do things that are either straight up humanly impossible or just extremely unlikely - and do it more than once. Like, what I mentioned, turning around while jumping and getting shot at from behind and HSing you in 0.3 second. Or I had that Sage once in the enemy team that was ALWAYS where we were going to be, with zero information or us running instead of shifting. Go mid? Sage is waiting and pre-firing. Go B 7 times in a row? Sage is camping in the window. Go A once to shake things up? Sage is running out from the corner within a second of the round starting and pre-firing. Sure, it's possible she was just so good/lucky at predicting where we would go, but it's statistics and taking a correct guess from the choice of A/B/C 12 times in a row is... Not very likely.

One of the cheaters that actually admitted to be cheating was a Sova HSing people through the walls with no info. Do it once, you're lucky. Do it twice, you're extremely lucky. He smelled fishy from the start, but he wasn't doing anything that was straight up impossible. It wasn't until later in the game that one of his own teammates started calling him out on /all chat, at which point Sova went "oh well, time to stop pretending then", and you can probably imagine the outcome.

This turned into a wall of text, but I was trying to illustrate that cheaters in Valorant will rarely be open about it. They can probably get through a lot of games without getting reported by just pretending they are not cheating. People will be giving others a benefit of doubt, and that is a good thing - not everyone who kills you is a cheater, they can be better, they can be lucky or they can be having a good game. Some things are not possible though, especially not repeatedly.

There are few blatant cheaters, they know what happens when they get found out and they are deliberately playing worse than they could. As in, they let themselves get killed at times, miss shots/abilities, etc. You can spot them when they sometimes do things that are either straight up humanly impossible or just extremely unlikely - and do it more than once. Like, what I mentioned, turning around while jumping and getting shot at from behind and HSing you in 0.3 second. Or I had that Sage once in the enemy team that was ALWAYS where we were going to be, with zero information or us running instead of shifting. Go mid? Sage is waiting and pre-firing. Go B 7 times in a row? Sage is camping in the window. Go A once to shake things up? Sage is running out from the corner within a second of the round starting and pre-firing. Sure, it's possible she was just so good/lucky at predicting where we would go, but it's statistics and taking a correct guess from the choice of A/B/C 12 times in a row is... Not very likely.

One of the cheaters that actually admitted to be cheating was a Sova HSing people through the walls with no info. Do it once, you're lucky. Do it twice, you're extremely lucky. He smelled fishy from the start, but he wasn't doing anything that was straight up impossible. It wasn't until later in the game that one of his own teammates started calling him out on /all chat, at which point Sova went "oh well, time to stop pretending then", and you can probably imagine the outcome.

This turned into a wall of text, but I was trying to illustrate that cheaters in Valorant will rarely be open about it. They can probably get through a lot of games without getting reported by just pretending they are not cheating. People will be giving others a benefit of doubt, and that is a good thing - not everyone who kills you is a cheater, they can be better, they can be lucky or they can be having a good game. Some things are not possible though, especially not repeatedly.
    You probably haven't ever played a competitive shooter like CS at high ranks; being HSed in 0.3 seconds is normal and extremely common in higher brackets. Enemies know where you are - at all times - not because they cheat, but because they know how the opposing party thinks and they know how limited their options are, which is why the game becomes a mind fight, rather than a positional fight at higher brackets. Good players also use 'peak advantage' correctly and bait you into particular positions with sound and abilities.

Sure, there are cheaters. But I'm confident that most people you accused aren't hacking. Besides, those cheaters get banned swiftly and permanently; the only way they can play the game again is by buying a new pc and changing ISP.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-06-04 at 11:45 AM.

You probably haven't ever played a competitive shooter like CS at high ranks; being HSed in 0.3 seconds is normal and extremely common in higher brackets. Enemies know where you are - at all times - not because they cheat, but because they know how the opposing party thinks and they know how limited their options are, which is why the game becomes a mind fight, rather than a positional fight at higher brackets. Good players also use 'peak advantage' correctly and bait you into particular positions with sound and abilities.

Sure, there are cheaters. But I'm confident that most people you accused aren't hacking. Besides, those cheaters get banned swiftly and permanently; the only way they can play the game again is by buying a new pc and changing ISP.
    I'm aware how shooters work at high ranks, and yes, getting HSed in 0.3 seconds is perfectly normal, assuming you know or guess where an enemy will be. What's not normal is turning around mid-jump while getting shot from behind and HSing you in 0.3 sec. Please don't tell me this is a mind fight or they knew where I was, if they did, they wouldn't be showing me their back, lol. I take a long time observing someone before I accuse them of cheating, and I do keep in mind someone might just be better than me and they are in my game only because the game just launched and MMR isn't sorted.

As he said before,that's only if you care about the CS kind of shooters. I would believe Valorant is the best of this kind of shooters,but you can't possibly put it above something like Quake 3 as a competitive shooter for example

I'm aware how shooters work at high ranks, and yes, getting HSed in 0.3 seconds is perfectly normal, assuming you know or guess where an enemy will be. What's not normal is turning around mid-jump while getting shot from behind and HSing you in 0.3 sec. Please don't tell me this is a mind fight or they knew where I was, if they did, they wouldn't be showing me their back, lol. I take a long time observing someone before I accuse them of cheating, and I do keep in mind someone might just be better than me and they are in my game only because the game just launched and MMR isn't sorted.
    First of all, how often has this actually happened to you? It could just be dumb luck - it happens.

Secondly, you're confusing your experiences here; being dominated usually means people are better than you are, not that they're cheating. The situation you described, usually means someone got lucky, not that he's cheating.

I'm not contesting the fact that there are cheaters and that the situation you described could be the result of cheating. I'm doubting you actually encountered as many cheaters as you think you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    As he said before,that's only if you care about the CS kind of shooters. I would believe Valorant is the best of this kind of shooters,but you can't possibly put it above something like Quake 3 as a competitive shooter for example
    I can and I do. I've played both Quake as Painkiller competitively and Valorant is a much better game. Which is supported by the fact that it's already more popular than any of those games in their prime.

Just because they're different, doesn't mean I can value one more than the other; Valorant is a better game, overall.

(note that I've purposely stopped using "in my opinion"; it's implicit.)
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-06-04 at 03:28 PM.