Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
... LastLast
  1. #301
    I tried Balance yesterday and it feels just horrible. Is it just me or is the recent version of Balance even worse than the BfA one? The gameplay is so dull and boring and Starsurge feels really pointless.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Acting like Tiger Dash doesn't exist? I can't even think of a fight where I'd want more than that. Carapace p3 was really comfortable as druid.
    I guess you can free up Renewal when you get another mobility cd.
    You can still be lacking in an area without being completely inept at it.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I tried Balance yesterday and it feels just horrible. Is it just me or is the recent version of Balance even worse than the BfA one? The gameplay is so dull and boring and Starsurge feels really pointless.
    Yep, it's really boring.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    But that's without factoring the total distance gained over the duration of the skill. If it's something like N'zoth adds, I'll happily take soulshape to reach the ones of the other side of the room, for example. Burst mobility is generally more useful, but there are enough scenarios where the sustained mobility of soulshape can shine.
    I don't know there will be many cases where you need more then a wild charge/tiger dash but stampeding roar and dash are on CD and you're moving enough of a distance that 50% MS + 15 yd blink will be wildly more useful then your 30% from cat form. But if that ever happens I guess soulshape be a thing.

    Generally Blizzard doesn't design fights like that because they don't want to completely invalidate priests, dks, and paladins.
    Last edited by Sergar; 2020-09-09 at 04:22 AM.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You can still be lacking in an area without being completely inept at it.
    I'm respectfully disagreeing then. A movement burst every 45 seconds is not what I'd call lacking. As Sergar said, they usually don't design fights that are in need of more.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Norahe View Post
    Yep, it's really boring.
    Is there more to it? Because I cannot imagine playing this damage spec for months and months. I know Balance in the last years was never that exciting but the Shadowlands version of Balance is... ugh.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    I'm respectfully disagreeing then. A movement burst every 45 seconds is not what I'd call lacking. As Sergar said, they usually don't design fights that are in need of more.
    If you only count raids. But M+ exists and some M+ involve significant amounts of movement.

  8. #308
    I was going to roll some of the op class for next xpac, but this Convoke with a Soulbind Bronn's call to action tickles my pickle (after 120 spell cast, summon Bronn, knockbacks attacks and heals for 30s). Makes me wonder how many more interactions between talents and soulbinds are out there.

    Also I would really just love to play druid, but it has been really very underwhelming recently, inside the content I enjoy to play.
    What you guys think?

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by oneclosetothesun View Post
    I was going to roll some of the op class for next xpac, but this Convoke with a Soulbind Bronn's call to action tickles my pickle (after 120 spell cast, summon Bronn, knockbacks attacks and heals for 30s). Makes me wonder how many more interactions between talents and soulbinds are out there.

    Also I would really just love to play druid, but it has been really very underwhelming recently, inside the content I enjoy to play.
    What you guys think?
    Convoke and Bron are mutually exclusive due to coming from different Covenants.

  10. #310
    I think the pre-patch will be the best time to make a final decision. While obviously covenants and soulbind will play a big part in our performance, the general feel of the spec is also important, so im looking forward to test it during pre-patch in a competetive environment (it's hard to gauge it properly on beta compared to other specs).

    But I'm not excited about it for now, thats for sure.

  11. #311
    Ahh man my bad. I just saw glimpse of it and nutt a little. Still would love to play the class, but the power gaps in terms of balance between classes are to vast.

    What do you think of the unlimited target AoE? Could that make it go to in AoE scenarios?

    /eddit: and the cast while run on Starfall is so swag, had some fun throwing 360 casts on dummy
    Last edited by oneclosetothesun; 2020-09-10 at 01:00 PM.

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is there more to it? Because I cannot imagine playing this damage spec for months and months. I know Balance in the last years was never that exciting but the Shadowlands version of Balance is... ugh.
    Balance has been using the same boring 6 rotational spells and with the removal of shooting stars starsurge/starfall procs has always been a static spec.

    The eclipse rework just makes it so the old WoD model of playing to the pendulum returns with the heavier punishment for movement as you could store empowerments, but you can't store eclipse uptime when you're forced to move, so being forced to move during solar eclipse just means you got fucked as lunar eclipse is noticeably worse in most scenarios outside clumped aoe.

    It's once again a race against the timer kind of playstyle on a class with no mitigation for movement mechanics in a raid, M+, or PvP settings.

    Balance feels stale because it IS stale, it hasn't gotten a new rotational baseline spell since Legion and Moon was promptly pruned out the expansion after.

  13. #313
    Anyone else dissapointed that we must pick Venthyr?

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Anyone else dissapointed that we must pick Venthyr?
    No, mostly because that's not true.

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Anyone else dissapointed that we must pick Venthyr?
    how so ? Night fae is really powerfull too so you have more choices .

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    how so ? Night fae is really powerfull too so you have more choices .
    Venthyr is the most powerful in any situation and is easily macroed into CA/Inc.

    Night Fae works best in ST situation, with no healable targets nearby.... so pretty much any raid boss will significantly lessen its value.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2020-09-14 at 08:18 AM.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Venthyr is the most powerful in any situation and is easily macroed into CA/Inc.

    Night Fae is best in ST situation, with no healable targets nearby.... so pretty much any raid boss will significantly lessen its value.
    Venthyr is garbage for burst due to it's ramp up and can easily cause you to overcap stats even in the early xpac , meaning it's value will lower heavely as our gear get better .

  18. #318
    Sims are clear. If things stay as they are now, Venthyr is the winner for balance in all situations, be it ST or MT. There's no doubt about that.

    Edit: and to make things worse, even Kyrian is better in ST for balance currently. Night Fae is third and only with boat (balance on all things legendary, the one you get 75% crit upon entering eclipse). Without it, Night Fae shows up in the sims again after even Necrolords with boat. Thankfully it's with Pulsar and not something else, but we're talking about almost an 1k difference in dps at this point with venthyr + boat doing 6.1k currently and NF + Pulsar lagging at 5.3k. The latter build also uses New Moon.

    If you want to maximise Balance damage, you're going Venthyr, as things are now.


    Now, personally, I want to play with Moons and Pulsar, but boat simply does not allow it and it's not only that. Every single legendary (even lycara's, the one that casts a spell for you every 45 sec) is better with venthyr than NF + Pulsar. The situation is that bad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And the thing I hate about all this more is that Fury of Elune is the best talent in its row for SINGLE target. This shouldn't be the case, really. It's just stupid

    And did I mention that the ONLY build New Moon is used in is the Night Fae + Pulsar one? Ye... no other build uses it. It's primarily Fury of Elune and then Solstice. Why can't they finally make New Moon viable and powerful? It's so iconic.
    Last edited by Well; 2020-09-14 at 07:53 AM.

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Anyone else dissapointed that we must pick Venthyr?

    Venthyr is the most powerful in any situation and is easily macroed into CA/Inc.
    It's kinda to be expected, since it's the only ability with a downside. But even if Ravenous Frenzy ekes out a small dps gain, it's still going to be annoying to deal with in a given context and especially useless in PvP. If you know it's going to suck for you, then it's probably okay to pick something else. Kinda like staying below 40 corruption.

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    it's still going to be annoying to deal with in a given context and especially useless in PvP.
    I have to admit I was highly amused to find out that while stuns pause the idle counter, Mind Controls do not. Priests will have fun fucking up Venthyr druids.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •