Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    The covenant i don't see fitting druid is venthyr . Punishement/torture,political backstabbing and smug nobility really doesn't resonate with any druid theme .
    Yet they have the best abilities.

So kyrian is the basic bitch covenant as every single player characther, no matter their class or race, fought to protect the planet . Just like the kyrian themselves, they are blank automatons .

The covenant i don't see fitting druid is venthyr . Punishement/torture,political backstabbing and smug nobility really doesn't resonate with any druid theme .
    Keep in mind what they do. Venthyr are functionally about restoring balance to souls. And we've seen Druids do more or less all of those. Especially Fandral and his stooges. Druids are pretty high up in many of the societies that have them.

Kyrian aren't about sacrificing yourself to protect something. They're about acting to the benefit of others without gain for yourself. Protecting the world doesn't have to be done selflessly, even if you risk your life doing it.

Sacrificing yourself for the benefit of others isn't really much of a Druid theme.

So kyrian is the basic bitch covenant as every single player characther, no matter their class or race, fought to protect the planet . Just like the kyrian themselves, they are blank automatons .

I think Venthyr could be seen as either an incarnation of nature's wrath (seriously, animals are brutal), or alternatively with a view to restoration, purifying that which is impure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Keep in mind what they do. Venthyr are functionally about restoring balance to souls. And we've seen Druids do more or less all of those. Especially Fandral and his stooges. Druids are pretty high up in many of the societies that have them.

Kyrian aren't about sacrificing yourself to protect something. They're about acting to the benefit of others without gain for yourself. Protecting the world doesn't have to be done selflessly, even if you risk your life doing it.

Sacrificing yourself for the benefit of others isn't really much of a Druid theme.
    The way venthyr are doing "balance" and "purification" is clearly not druid like . they litterally torture souls until they beg for forgiveness and repent , and the venthyr get off on those souls's pain.

As for kyrian , they do sacrifice themselves , just not in battle. They kill completly who they were so that they can become mindless automaton that can be thrown at the kyrian ennemies .

The way venthyr are doing "balance" and "purification" is clearly not druid like . they litterally torture souls until they beg for forgiveness and repent , and the venthyr get off on those souls's pain.

As for kyrian , they do sacrifice themselves , just not in battle. They kill completly who they were so that they can become mindless automaton that can be thrown at the kyrian ennemies .
    And Druids kill to preserve balance.

Not sure what you're getting at with Kyrians. My point is that selfless sacrifice isn't a Druid theme. Though you need to read up on them more, as that's far from what they're being presented as. Kyrian are neither mindless after "Ascension", nor do they throw anybody at their enemies. That's the Necrolords' job.

while i agree that i was fine with the rotation as it was , with the empowerments , i do like the eclipse system and the game of extending the one you want as much as possible. Also , Streaking Star is the worst thing ever: it's passive damage wich is boring and encourage debilitating gameplay.
    We need to activate Streaking Stars by following up with different spells, so I don't get what's so passive about it. It's quite rotation defining.
    I also don't get the debilitating gameplay part. Because it prevents you from casting the same spell a bunch of times? That's what I liked about this iteration and why I loathe going back to eclipse. Wrath/Starfire spam isn't my idea of riveting gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Such a shame. Wanted to take Night Fae but now there is no choice.
    Maybe the soulbinds in another covenant will be insane, so the jury is still out.

Managed to get into beta and play balance today, love it, starfall is back baby (please don't nerf it blizz).

Eclipse is definitely a polarising mechanic, seems you either love it or hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Maybe the soulbinds in another covenant will be insane, so the jury is still out.
    Unless the souldbinds give us free teleport spell, they won't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    We need to activate Streaking Stars by following up with different spells, so I don't get what's so passive about it. It's quite rotation defining.
    I also don't get the debilitating gameplay part. Because it prevents you from casting the same spell a bunch of times? That's what I liked about this iteration and why I loathe going back to eclipse. Wrath/Starfire spam isn't my idea of riveting gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

it's passive damage added to your abilities,and you already have to alternate your spells if you don't want to overcapp a empowerment so it doesn't really change your gameplay . The debilitating gameplay part was about just spamming sunfire and moonfire(snuck in starsurge when available) , especially in pvp , to get your damage out during that phase . I wouldn't mind it being added as a talent , so that people that like it can still pick that option , but making it baseline is a no no for me .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And Druids kill to preserve balance.

Not sure what you're getting at with Kyrians. My point is that selfless sacrifice isn't a Druid theme. Though you need to read up on them more, as that's far from what they're being presented as. Kyrian are neither mindless after "Ascension", nor do they throw anybody at their enemies. That's the Necrolords' job.
    Yeah , Druids kill to preserve balance ,or even just to eat ( if their not a complete druid hippy tree hugger) . But do they torture and love inflicting pain and suffering on those they kill ? i don't think so . Venthyr absolutly love their job of torturing souls. That is like putting someone that will kill when other options didn't worked, in the middle of a bunch of psycothic BDSM vampire who just look at every single chance/excuse to inflict pain and misery on others.

Kyrian and venthyr both don't fit druid theme . Necro barely qualify if you take the "survival of the fittest" mind set of nature , (so more for cat and bear druids) but they also heavely clash with their death and scourge visual. Even if i RP my druid to be a hardcore druid that is more focused on the savage and brutal aspect of nature, i still don't see her playing with corpse part and having fun building her own little abomination.
    Last edited by naeblis495; 2020-07-22 at 09:14 AM.

Yeah , Druids kill to preserve balance ,or even just to eat ( if their not a complete druid hippy tree hugger) . But do they torture and love inflicting pain and suffering on those they kill ? i don't think so . Venthyr absolutly love their job of torturing souls. That is like putting someone that will kill when other options didn't worked, in the middle of a bunch of psycothic BDSM vampire who just look at every single chance/excuse to inflict pain and misery on others.
    You don't have to love it to agree that there may be a need for it. The topic is whether there is a good reason for Druids to be there, not whether they will enjoy the company.

Not to mention that we may very well end up changing their attitude over the covenant campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdir View Post
    I guess at this point there is no turning back from the eclipse system they brought back. I genuinely don't understand why they are going backwards with the spec..
    The same reason they gave all of these specs stupid fucking resources and "build a resource to rotation" systems. It was dumb and wasn't needed. I like Balance Druid going back to MoP levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    The same reason they gave all of these specs stupid fucking resources and "build a resource to rotation" systems. It was dumb and wasn't needed. I like Balance Druid going back to MoP levels.
    It's a baby step, Astral Power is still a thing, this is just a replacement for Empowerments.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It's a baby step, Astral Power is still a thing, this is just a replacement for Empowerments.
    So stupid. This shit was NEVER needed, who tf stood up one day and said "I think Druids need Astral Power" when they were JUST fine? Astral Power, Maelstrom, Insanity... All useless and should've never been added.

So stupid. This shit was NEVER needed, who tf stood up one day and said "I think Druids need Astral Power" when they were JUST fine? Astral Power, Maelstrom, Insanity... All useless and should've never been added.
    I mostly agree, neither of them were really necessary. Basically it was just that mana as a resource had gotten useless and they wanted to change that just for the sake of it. It was stupid, and while I don't necessarily agree Insanity should be removed, Astral Power definitely does feel superfluous just like Maelstrom does.

I mostly agree, neither of them were really necessary. Basically it was just that mana as a resource had gotten useless and they wanted to change that just for the sake of it. It was stupid, and while I don't necessarily agree Insanity should be removed, Astral Power definitely does feel superfluous just like Maelstrom does.
    I just don't know why they had to turn every class into a Rogue-like class. nearly every class now has a builder and a spender, It's just.. Lord It's JUST.

I just don't know why they had to turn every class into a Rogue-like class. nearly every class now has a builder and a spender, It's just.. Lord It's JUST.
    I'd say it was an attempt to try to branch out and be able to design more varied talents and effects rather than just simply "cooldown reduced by 1.5 sec", or "chance to proc instant/cd reset" and similar. The game did get a bit bogged down with simple damage increases and cooldown resets at one point, but they went too far with trying to fix it.

Looks like Balance is going to have to live until 10.0 with Astral Power though.

I'd say it was an attempt to try to branch out and be able to design more varied talents and effects rather than just simply "cooldown reduced by 1.5 sec", or "chance to proc instant/cd reset" and similar. The game did get a bit bogged down with simple damage increases and cooldown resets at one point, but they went too far with trying to fix it.

Looks like Balance is going to have to live until 10.0 with Astral Power though.
    Ahh-fucking-greed

And Spriest's are going to have to suffer through ANOTHER expansion.. lmao. This company has just lost it's touch, it's sad really.

Ahh-fucking-greed

And Spriest's are going to have to suffer through ANOTHER expansion.. lmao. This company has just lost it's touch, it's sad really.
    I'm still holding out hope that something more is coming for Shadow. In the Preach interview, Ion seemed to be clearly aware of the problem at least.

Can't say I'm very hopeful, but I'm still waiting before I write off Priest for SL as well.

I'm still holding out hope that something more is coming for Shadow. In the Preach interview, Ion seemed to be clearly aware of the problem at least.

Can't say I'm very hopeful, but I'm still waiting before I write off Priest for SL as well.
    God I hope so, I really hope so. Just give me MoP/WoD SPriest PLEASE. Why is it so damn hard?

God I hope so, I really hope so. Just give me MoP/WoD SPriest PLEASE. Why is it so damn hard?
    They literally said with the introduction of Devouring Plague that they didn't want to add to the rotation, so the answer to that is "they don't like that much complexity". Awesome, I know.

Plus they also probably don't want to straight up remove all the work they put into Void Form, and replace all the talents. Sunk cost and all that. Sucks, Shadow used to be my favorite spec.