Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Full Moon kinda feels like a Destro Lock thing too given the Chaos Bolt-like cast time. It also has the problem of causing Boomkin to be less mobile and you'd have to make it Astral Damage if you ever wanted it to benefit from both eclipses... which means you'd have the same problem as Destro with getting locked out of multiple schools on an eminently interruptible spell.

Though Full Moon is certainly cool as shit. While the spell morphing is unique, I honestly wish it wasn't tied to New/Half Moon.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2020-04-15 at 03:57 PM.

I never liked the eclipse, trying to cast my mind back but I think that was the reason I switched to tank full time on my druid, just didn't dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    More consistency, and now you have to switch, which means they'll also have to tune it around us partially being in Solar during AoE.

So 10s of Starfire spam, then 20s of nothing, then 10s of Wrath spam, 20s of nothing, rinse and repeat? Exciting gameplay ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    So 10s of Starfire spam, then 20s of nothing, then 10s of Wrath spam, 20s of nothing, rinse and repeat? Exciting gameplay ahead.
    If the new tooltip is right, there is no internal CD anymore. So 3 casts after Eclipse ends should trigger the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If the new tooltip is right, there is no internal CD anymore. So 3 casts after Eclipse ends should trigger the other one.
    And that's assuming they block each other while active. I suppose we're going to have to wait for people to try it out.

Besides, it would be 10s at most, since the CD starts when the respective Eclipse begins, not when other one does. Since they expect 2 SS per Eclipse(which extends them by 6s), there'd effectively only be however long it takes to trigger the other one.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-04-29 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Ah, I see, so it's entirely 10s of Wrath and then 10s of Starfire. This definitely makes things a lot more engaging.

I'm seriously gobsmacked how they took one of the most basic specs in BFA... and managed to somehow make it even more basic.

I'm seriously gobsmacked how they took one of the most basic specs in BFA... and managed to somehow make it even more basic.
    I'm still left wondering why they did it at all. This doesn't seem to be an improvement over what we had, so what exactly is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm still left wondering why they did it at all. This doesn't seem to be an improvement over what we had, so what exactly is the point?
    UNPRUNING, SEE GUYS, WE LISTEN!

I don't understand the point of a watered down Eclipse... without the Eclipse bar - and even Eclipse with an Eclipse bar wasn't particularly enjoying to begin with.
    They're obviously unhappy with Balance being like the BM equivalent for caster - just press whatever button is lighting up and if your bar gets full, press Starsurge. GG, 90% parse. This Eclipse farce is a poor attempt at giving the spec back some complexity... complexity that will soooooometimes result in people holding back on entering an Eclipse for 10s to deal slightly more damage later... but in general result in the whole spec boiling down to 111111222222111111222222 with the occasional dot refresh and a Starsurge every 10 casts.

DHs? BM hunters? Hell, even fire mages are faceroll this far into expansion with tons of crit.

One of the most basic is an overstatement I think, with half of dps spec being even easier.

No, you forgot about Starsurges extending duration of current Eclipse active, unless they really took that out already too (but that's not in changes) which would be lame. If not, then you keep casting current eclipse spell until you lose it, then you are able to swap over to opposite eclipse. Still pretty bland of a spec to go back and forth like that, maybe missing something in there regardless

More consistency, and now you have to switch, which means they'll also have to tune it around us partially being in Solar during AoE.
    Solar currently being better for AoE is kek

This change really does nothing other than make it so you know exactly when the eclipse starts. You'll still be locked into wrath for 10+ seconds or starfire for 10+ seconds. It fixes none of the actual problems.

I really like the changes. You get a bit more consistency with it instead of the rng shitfest balance is right now.

We are quite bad in AoE right now. With the changes to starfall, the planing possibility with the new eclipse system and extending with starsurge we should become a bit more reliable. 3 casts in the wrong eclipse is not that bad. It is not like it does nothing. We still have our dots ans starfall. And you can quickly force the wrath eclipse with the 3 instant starfires.
    I think these changes will change balance for the better in every way and will let us perform better in almost any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I really like the changes. You get a bit more consistency with it instead of the rng shitfest balance is right now.
    Well they went from WOTLK Moonkin up to MOP Moonkin. If they keep going they will end up with BFA Moonkin again...

Quote Originally Posted by BBQMac View Post
    Well they went from WOTLK Moonkin up to MOP Moonkin. If they keep going they will end up with BFA Moonkin again...
    Noooooo don't speak what shall not be spoken^^

I never really liked the empowerments for some reason. Stressed me out when I had 3 and almost full ap bar.

But so far the Starfall comeback is what's really making me lean towards Boomie again, even though im planning on tanking, got tired of all simcrafting

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Noooooo don't speak what shall not be spoken^^
    Frankly, i'm not sure i'd actually feel bad about that. Though i wouldn't mind baseline Moon Moon back, either.

The Druid Rare 2 Anima Power looks interesting. Especially if you can 20 stack it and just drops moons on every tick.

Frankly, i'm not sure i'd actually feel bad about that. Though i wouldn't mind baseline Moon Moon back, either.

The Druid Rare 2 Anima Power looks interesting. Especially if you can 20 stack it and just drops moons on every tick.
    That power would be really cool as a Legendary effect we could use anywhere.