Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    According to the data on Warcraftlogs over the last two weeks, you can see player counts here: https://ironforge.pro/servers/?filter=true&server=eu there's around 500.00 active raiders in WoW, and that's just the data on the logs. The person who runs warcraftlogs said there's more individual raiders showing up for classic then retail.

There's fewer people that have done a single boss in Ny'alotha on Retail then there that on Normal.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-04-14 at 08:41 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Only trolls said classic will die, the private servers are a proof that you will always have classic or X expansion community BUT most that said the game popularity will go down after a while is right, anecdotal, but my friend list went from 15+ classic to 1/2 sometimes, not that classic is bad, the main problem is that in my opinion at the moment we are not on an MMO era of gaming, and no matter how good/bad classic/tbc, etc or shadowlands will be MMO era is done

Anecdotal obviously, but my Battletag friends list atm has 86 people in retail/BFA, and 2 playing WoW Classic. Back when Classic first hit, it was pretty much the other way around, routinely saw 50+ of my friends playing it.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    we playing the same game?

stil better then EU - at least you dont have any servers on low like here

just see what happens in orgrimmar on a thursday at 7 pm and tell me again, servers are dead

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    According to the data on Warcraftlogs over the last two weeks, you can see player counts here: https://ironforge.pro/servers/?filter=true&server=eu there's around 500.00 active raiders in WoW, and that's just the data on the logs. The person who runs warcraftlogs said there's more individual raiders showing up for classic then retail.

There's fewer people that have done a single boss in Ny'alotha on Retail then there that on Normal.
    Logs aren't really a good statistic to go off of, largely because raiding isn't as big a focus in Retail as it is in Classic, where it's nearly the only thing to do after a bit. On top of that, I'd wager a lot more Classic pugs are successful, and therefore logged and uploaded, compared to Retail, where people jump around between 4-10 groups to complete all the bosses. Pugs in Retail are rarely logged. Groups are also much smaller, typically less than 20, compared to Classic's 40, it's a lot more likely that someone will be logging in pugs. Raids are also more intimidating on live, and harder to get into thanks to strict pug requirements that typically require gear better than the raid drops. MC requires... Attunement.

We also don't know who's an alt or not. Individual players, sure, but there are a lot of nolifers, especially right now, who have a lot of time and run a ton of alts through MC because of how easily it's pugged. The same applies to retail, of course, it's just another example of why logs aren't even accurate to get a bottom line, it could be 50,000 "individual characters" but we don't know if thats actually 50,000 people, because half of those could be alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    That affirmation is idiotic and ignorant beyond measure.
    It's not at all what they expected (they planned for 6-8 servers at the beginning, they ended up with FIVE TIMES this number at the end).
    They expected a 90 % fall-off, which obviously didn't happen considering all but maybe two or three realms still are at above half pop (that's grade school math here). We're about regular fall-off from a retail expansion here.

Actually that's the exact opposite : the servers were initially NOT about how many players are within (as pop was, weirdly, calculated relative to the highest pop server), and they did change it to reflect the actual pop of the server (due to one or two servers being so ridiculously overcrowded that they made every other look like they were at "medium" pop in comparison, even when they actually had several-hours long queue of thousand people).

Everything you said has been factually wrong. Maybe educate yourself and stop sprouting shit before trying to lecture others.

It's VASTLY above. Compare the number of servers they expected to start with, and the percentage of players they expected to be left with.
    They were so idiotically stingy on servers at the beginning because they didn't think people would keep playing longer than one month, and didn't want to release lots of servers that would end up empty and require a fall-back plan.
    In the end they needed FIVE TIMES the number of servers they planned initially, and EIGHT MONTHS LATER these servers are nearly all still at healthy population number (and many are still horribly overcrowded).

If that's what you call "not above expectation", I don't know what to tell you.
    and they were correct. both EU and US could easily use 5-6 servers less - it would be much healtier for game to have 5-6 servers all full then 15 servers where 3/4 are medium/low.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post

You need to remember that the most played raid difficulty, LFR, is pretty much never logged.

The only ongoing problem I see with classic is the amount of bots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Almost a year after release and Classic haters are still mad and trying to shill that Classic is dead, stupid and nobody really likes it. I have never seen people more pathetic than Classic haters. You are literally mad that someone is enjoying a game you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    it wasnt dead on arrival and it wasnt the second coming of wow. like usual it landed somewhere in the middle and is doing just fine
    How dare you be sensible?

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    Isnt the game dead though? What's left is raid loggers and some players chasing rank 14.

It's like 40 min que to BGs, zero people dueling outside cities, no one even cares anymore to world pvp, ally and horde just running pass eachother focusing on farming herbs and what not. Leveling is a desert.

Idk, feels dead.
    No. But hey, nice shitpost.

of course you're not being as many people leveling as you did the first month. But given the dozens of people in front of the IF bank... oh why am I bothering? You either don't play or you're trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    (Made up numbers just for an example)

Let's say 10 million players played during the first month, then every month 1 million players left, Now 8 months in 8 million players have left, But the game still has 2 million left out of the 10 million it started out with.

Now 2 Million is still a whole lot of players, But in perspective, 8 Million players left the game. This is what people meant by "just nostalgia" and "everyone's gonna quit when they remember how bad the game is" the 8 million fall into those 2 quotes.

and again, Just made up numbers, But i hope they gave you some perspective into, that just because it looks like there is a lot of players still in the game, does not mean that most people who did try out classic diden't also leave after a month or 2

If I had to guess classic has about 500k loyal players which is very successful for a game that requires very little Dev time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Logs aren't really a good statistic to go off of, largely because raiding isn't as big a focus in Retail as it is in Classic, where it's nearly the only thing to do after a bit. On top of that, I'd wager a lot more Classic pugs are successful, and therefore logged and uploaded, compared to Retail,
    There's over 17.000 individual guilds that have killed Nefarian in Classic, if one includes Chinese guilds,, the figures I posted earlier did not include the Chinese, nor did they account for pugs and there many pug raids on retails that clear the content in many ways similar to LFR.

I can easily imagine over 1 million active classic players. Retail wise? I don't know, only that there's fewer players in raidings guilds, far fewer.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-04-14 at 10:10 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    So, where are all these doomsayers now? From the moment Classic was announced, there was just a constant deluge of shitposters and doomsayers around here proclaiming that it's "just nostalgia", "dead in X weeks/months", "everyone's gonna quit when they remember how bad the game is", etc. etc.

8 months in and servers are having 2+ hour queues to get in. Even the "medium" population servers are still very lively, with main cities being packed full of players during primetime. I'm on a Medium server and right now Orgrimmar is so full it's making my FPS drop to 30.

So much for "UHHH IT'S JUST NOSTALGIA, EVERYONE'S GONNA QUIT, DEAD IN 2 WEEKS"
    Well from my friend who stopped retail to go to classic, he stopped after about a month because it was getting nearly impossible to find level 60 dungeon groups in a reasonable time. He did notice activity dipping after a few weeks, but most definitely after two months he said there wasn't many people compared to the first weeks. Of course it's anecdotal, but my other friends who play classic have similar stories, but they raid so they are still a bit more active.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If I had to guess classic has about 500k loyal players which is very successful for a game that requires very little Dev time.
    I get what you are trying to say, but it was a huge undertaking to get old WoW working properly on the new Bnet infrastructure. Yes they didn't have to build a gsme from scratch, but very little dev time is disingenuous at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You need to remember that the most played raid difficulty, LFR, is pretty much never logged.
    And ot everyone/guild logs in Normal or Heroic. I'm not sure when they started but I don't ever recall logging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    (Made up numbers just for an example)

Let's say 10 million players played during the first month, then every month 1 million players left, Now 8 months in 8 million players have left, But the game still has 2 million left out of the 10 million it started out with.

Now 2 Million is still a whole lot of players, But in perspective, 8 Million players left the game. This is what people meant by "just nostalgia" and "everyone's gonna quit when they remember how bad the game is" the 8 million fall into those 2 quotes.

and again, Just made up numbers, But i hope they gave you some perspective into, that just because it looks like there is a lot of players still in the game, does not mean that most people who did try out classic diden't also leave after a month or 2
    I always believed the vast majority who logged on to Classic went there to relive some nostalgia or went to see what it was all about since they missed out. We all knew it would start off with a bang because of nostalgia. We also knew it would die down rather quickly and be left with the PS folks, the ones didn't want to do a PS, and a core who really prefer vanilla.

We will never know the real numbers, log sites, census sites, and the like are never accurate. But who cares really? It gets people paying to play which helps out both versions.

Still a ton less dev time than an actual WoW expansion. They likely had 2-3m subs when it launched easy and it dropped after that but seemed kinda slow. They have already made their money on it for sure. Now they are just raking in probably 100m a year for almost nothing.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    It's not even out in its entirety yet, and we're in the middle of a pandemic. Of course it wasn't going to be dead within 2 weeks, nor will it probably ever be dead. How populated will the servers be 6 months beyond Naxx release? Nobody can say, and nobody will be able to. TBC will roll around.

But hey, don't let that get in the way of the typical cognitive dissonance that Classic fans tend to deal with, where BfA's far more numerous and higher capacity servers at Full/High (60+ in EU alone) somehow spell "dead gaem" whilst Classic's servers somehow hold 10 million players out of 11 or so...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-04-14 at 10:35 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    If it ain't Makaronpudding, I ain't interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Almost a year after release and Classic haters are still mad and trying to shill that Classic is dead, stupid and nobody really likes it. I have never seen people more pathetic than Classic haters. You are literally mad that someone is enjoying a game you don't like.
    Wreaks of irony considering how much Classic players need to make threads talking about how awesome Classic and and how live sucks...don't see tons of Classic suck threads like you do Live sucks. You also don't see people needing to lie about how great Classic is...still see people trying to claim Classic is harder than Live

Also I asked where are all of these people who claimed Classic had millions of subs...that it would destroy Live and never lose any subs...they're all quiet I noticed.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

It went excatly how everyone expected. Big peak at start and then decline until we have low population of fans who keep playing it.