Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Ikr this is so bullshit. 10 years now isnt it? Figured by now Blizzard would just fucking lower the damn DPS que times already.
    Yeah Blizzard! Just make a million tanks and healers appear out of thin air already! WTF!!!!

/silently facepalms
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Play a tank or a healer.
    Yes ill play as a tank or healer as a Warlock? Thats not a fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You have to be masochist to queue as tank or heal with random people. Too many clueless dps queuing.
    If you think 'clueless' is limited to dps, you're in denial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Thats not a fix.
    Neither is anything you've said or suggested.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Two things:
    1) If you're using a queue, that means a normal/heroic dungeon. Very few people will run them towards the end of the expansion.
    2) If only people acted less like dicks in groups, tanks and healers would possibly join queues more often.
    So Timewalking dungeons dont exist? Timewalking rewards??? "Must compelte 5" ???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Neither is anything you've said or suggested.
    Sure it is. Get NPC's to tank, heal or add in a gauntlet type scenario where we can earn equal rewards for weekly quests like the Timewalking rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it is. Get NPC's to tank, heal or add in a gauntlet type scenario where we can earn equal rewards for weekly quests like the Timewalking rewards.
    "I chose to play a dps class, but Blizz should literally change the entire 5-man group content aspect of the game to accommodate my inability to wait."

Like I said. Nothing you've suggested is an actual fix.

Blizzard has had ample time to come up with a fix for this problem. The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.

Remember (forgot which xpac) Blizzard said leveling as a straight healer would be possible and running solo scenarios for rewards as a healer would be a thing?

Why not implement a scenario for singular people without guilds, without the 20+ minutes of waiting AND then running said dungeon?

AI has worked fine in brawlers guild, that gives rewards. It was viable in Proving Grounds, we started the fights as whatever spec we wanted...

This is possible.
    No reason to change it in my opinion. If anything it is well deserved. Tanks and healers are abused in random dungeon queues too often and the community at large has no patience for players looking to get some experience tanking/healing. Blizzard needs to actually give great rewards to tanks and healers not just a few more inflated gold coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What a horrible comment. What makes you think it's okay to tell people to kill themselves even as a joke? Disgusting.
    That's the level the internet has reached, it's considered normal to a scary amount of people. This thread has quite a few of those individuals by simple inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Morningstar View Post
    Playing a DPS as a main, and a Tank as an alt, it's night and day.

Players expect more from tanks. You go into m+ and tank is asked for route, is given leader, and then asked to make ready check/pull timers.

In pug raids you're given assist and the pulls and marking relies heavily on you. A lot of raid leaders just make the group and expect the tanks to semi-lead it for them from there.

I doubt guild tanks have the same issues as what I mentioned. I only pug content with my alt tank, but that's what I've experienced.

A lot of my friends don't tank because they deem it too stressful compared to dps/healing. Specially considering the reward is the same as if you are a DPS player.
    There's no additional AP/Gear...etc for playing a tank apart from random heroic or LFR.
    Can confirm.
    While raid pugging people give you assist and you are supposed to sort it out.
    In dungeons, you doing the route, calling cc, calculating %, doing marks and other shit besides trying to survive failed cc's or ninjapulls. Even in friends groups - "let's go for a key!" and I am the one who is expected to invite everyone, do routes and assign cc/ints. Do call outs. It's fun to tank, but sometimes I just like to fire my mage up and go for a pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    "I chose to play a dps class, but Blizz should literally change the entire 5-man group content aspect of the game to accommodate my inability to wait."

Like I said. Nothing you've suggested is an actual fix.
    you obviously only let the AI into the queue once it gets too bad.

but a way easier fix is to just make queued dungeons scale for 4-6 players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Can confirm.
    While raid pugging people give you assist and you are supposed to sort it out.
    In dungeons, you doing the route, calling cc, calculating %, doing marks and other shit besides trying to survive failed cc's or ninjapulls. Even in friends groups - "let's go for a key!" and I am the one who is expected to invite everyone, do routes and assign cc/ints. Do call outs. It's fun to tank, but sometimes I just like to fire my mage up and go for a pug.
    and then everybody still complains you aren't doing it _their_ way :P. M+ is fun but it sure has upped the QQ from people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    No reason to change it in my opinion. If anything it is well deserved. Tanks and healers are abused in random dungeon queues too often and the community at large has no patience for players looking to get some experience tanking/healing. Blizzard needs to actually give great rewards to tanks and healers not just a few more inflated gold coins.
    remember in WotLK when you could get mounts from the satchel? you'd get undergeared clueless dps queue as tank or healer, usually without even having gear for it or bars set up. it was glorious. satchel is a careful balance, useless if rewards are too bad, backfires hard when rewards are too good.

Blizzard has had ample time to come up with a fix for this problem. The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.

Remember (forgot which xpac) Blizzard said leveling as a straight healer would be possible and running solo scenarios for rewards as a healer would be a thing?

Why not implement a scenario for singular people without guilds, without the 20+ minutes of waiting AND then running said dungeon?

AI has worked fine in brawlers guild, that gives rewards. It was viable in Proving Grounds, we started the fights as whatever spec we wanted...

This is possible.
    or people could just tank

DK
    DH
    pally
    warrior
    monk
    druid

all have tanks specs and all complain about the times

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What a horrible comment. What makes you think it's okay to tell people to kill themselves even as a joke? Disgusting.
    well hes also a player that doesnt want to Q as anything other than dps and still complains so i have come to expect it

So Timewalking dungeons dont exist? Timewalking rewards??? "Must compelte 5" ???.
    Fixing timewalking is easy. Let people use legendaries/tiersets/etc in there again and/or return the bonus roll as a reward. Timewalking used to be fun cause you could go crazy in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Who the heck is still queuing for dungeons this late into the expansion anyway?
    I've not done them since the launch patch, they are literally pointless. They give nothing of value when you can get better gear doing world quests/visions/assaults/...

Eventually, Blizzard will start making "flex dungeons" in order to accommodate all the DPS and lack of heals/tank.

So what I'm saying is, get ready for 10-man Wailing Caverns.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    or people could just tank

DK
    DH
    pally
    warrior
    monk
    druid

all have tanks specs and all complain about the times
    To be fair, I don't tank because I don't wanna study all the routes, skips and pull orders for every dungeon. Heal, sure, but tanking for M+ is just too stressfull when all you want to do is weekly run for Chest of Dissapointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Maybe, but there is literally no reason to run a random heroic these days.
    False. Some people want to do it for entertainment.

You know, because it's a video game. You play it for entertainment. Not rewards. Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Actually got several mounts that way back in the day.
    Same, got Baron Rivendares mount and green proto drake during WoD lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I've not done them since the launch patch, they are literally pointless. They give nothing of value when you can get better gear doing world quests/visions/assaults/...
    This point of view is the only thing that is literally pointless. You add nothing to the discussion. You're just being toxic.

OT: yeah, as much as you want to believe it's Blizzard's fault no one wants to tank or heal, it's really the players' faults. You can't make people not be assholes. AI could work, but people wouldn't use it because it would be way slower than any actual group would be even with a 10 minute queue.

20 minutes - for dps - that's freakin' awesome.

I'm used to 1 hour queues.

PS: 1/5 tanks, 1/5 healers and 3/5 dps = a dungeon run.

So the wait time is ENTIRELY based on the ratio of the people queuing.

It may be tired and outdated - but it is straight maths.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Play a tank or a healer.
    Well - that isn't an option for me, in addition - how does playing a tank or a healer solve the problem of getting your mage through a dungeon ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know people have extreme feelings sometimes but can we please stop with the name calling and telling people to kill themselves, its not productive and it highlights the fact that you ran out of arguments for this.

Be civil, we're still playing the same game (most of us)

Get NPC's to tank, heal or add in a gauntlet type scenario where we can earn equal rewards for weekly quests like the Timewalking rewards.
    What next, "just let me do 4 solo world quests to get the same reward"? Oh wait, it's already in the game... "MMO" btw but majority of players play solo or wish in any form of "group" play the rest of the "group" were bots / NPCs...

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I have felt the same about tanks and healers as of late.
    There are clueless players in any role but the common attitude is that if it's a dps it's fine, if it's a tank / healer it's votekick.