Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Blizzard has had ample time to come up with a fix for this problem. The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.
    It's neither of these things. It's just a simple fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Disgusting? Overtaking it a bit aren't we?
    Don't you think telling people to kill themselves is "overtaking it a bit"? How can you even defend this behavior?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The biggest problem is still loot.
    World quest has better loot than dungeons and LFR. Why bother?
    The problem with this is that WQ loot only gets better once you already have some gear.

Couple this with the fact that a lot of people have been leveling alts recently with the XP buff just hitting 120 with leveling gear and/or boost gear, the Normals/Heroics give decent gear to in a short period to get the ilvl up to get decent WQ gear to run the harder content.

This is why people still queue for N/H LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Its an mmo dude, you want to play with bots?
    Worked fine for FFXIV, another MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Its an mmo dude, you want to play with bots?
    This mentality ended years ago.. Live in the present not in the past.

The people you see in LFD might just as well be bots, they never write in chat or any thing..

and most people queue up to get the rewards from doing the dungeon and coulden't care less about the people they are playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    The problem with this is that WQ loot only gets better once you already have some gear.

Couple this with the fact that a lot of people have been leveling alts recently with the XP buff just hitting 120 with leveling gear and/or boost gear, the Normals/Heroics give decent gear to in a short period to get the ilvl up to get decent WQ gear to run the harder content.

This is why people still queue for N/H LFG.
    Boost gear is 390, get your cloak, do the start of Nazjatar and upgrade azerite pieces to 400 (80 manapearls, epic azerite has 4 rings, blue wq azerite only has 2 even at 415), then do a world quest tour for items (don't turn in emissary with item reward yet) and maybe invest some gold for a 400 trinket and a 400 weapon. Now you should be at ~405 and start tanking mythic +2/+3 with the goal of doing every dungeon once. Be sure to only apply for groups that have at least 2 players of your armor class already in them. After getting a couple of items you can turn in emissary with item reward which should be a bit higher now.

I did that with a boosted monk over Easter and getting in groups was very easy since not only in LFD but also mythic+ pugs tanks are scarce. I ended my mythic+ tour at ilvl 440 having timed a +6.

But yeah, if you are a pure dps class this method probably doesn't work on account of not getting into groups.

On topic: dungeons are a group activity. There are sundry solo activities in WoW, don't try to turn what was especially made to be group content into solo too. Be part of the solution not the problem and tank/heal yourself.

How are still factions a thing instead of merging all queues?
    How are you required to fly to places instead of insta teleport in a specific zone like in other games?
    How are you not allowed to create a specific m+ lobby from wherever you are?

Time Sink

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Blame the overall commmunity in the game. Being a tank is often enough a pain in the ass. Either you pull to fast or to slow. Either you pull wrong or correct. Either you have aggro or NEVER aggro. If grp wipes, its your fault. Its not such a big deal in dungeons(not counting m+), but it quickly gets difficult for many in raids.

I have played this game since vanilla and I was tank in vanilla, bc, wotlk & most of cata. Switched to healer/dps since then and never really bothered to tank anything at all ever again. To me, after playing all these years, im sick and tierd of seeing the shite people write to tanks and cant be bothered with it.

Now the usual response would be "git gud", but thats often a cheap answer. Alot of people dont want to or dont have the patience letting a tank learn bossfights etc. They want a fleshed out 100% legit tank with 60 years of experience. They dont have time for someone that wants to learn, and thats a issue. Cause tanks gotta learn someplace.

Player mentality today demands perfection and with humans behind the keyboard, mistakes are bound to happen. mistakes alot of people in wow cant handle.

So why should a player that casually enjoys playing wow bother tanking? Its like a different game going into a dungeon as dps.
    Yeah, I am not one to give excuses to Blizzard nowadays, but this would be my answer, too. Back in TBC and WotLK when I used to tank every now and then even for pugs, I remember people being much more patient and accepting that someone in the group might still be learning the instance and their role. I have the impression this changed with the Cataclysm heroics, but then again we got Scenarios in MoP (normal and heroic) as an option for people to do pve group content without the need of the trinity and as a player base we shit all over them instead of giving constructive feedback to improve them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.
    So... reality is tired and outdated?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Give me a bigger incentive to run dungeons as a tank or healer than the satchel (more gold, chances for a mount) and I'll happily run heroic dungeons. Otherwise, it's not worth my time nor the possible hassle. I don't find tanking enjoyable enough to do it without a good reward.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-04-14 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You have to be masochist to queue as tank or heal with random people. Too many clueless dps queuing.
    This is completely evident while leveling characters with the 100% boost right now luckily we have been doing it as a Duo one of us Q tank for instant Q and the Other DPS's I tanked 15-110 on my Druid and most dungeons Im 2nd on damage and my buddy DPSing on whatever he is leveling will do 35-40% of the damage.

Either tank it / heal it yourself, or wait 30 minutes. I don't really see the problem.

Unfortunately, I can definitely see Blizzard at some point introducing AI bots to normal dungeons at least, following FF14's example. I don't think that's the proper way to go in a game such as this one. Plus, a lot of people will actually be disappointed, because if they decide to implement it similarly to ff14, you will wipe whenever you die. Which means the baddies will actually start wiping due to their own mistakes and won't be able to blame anyone else for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Why don't you just play something that can heal or tank and queue up as a tank or healer?
    For me it's because my main class can't tank or heal. I would queue as a tank or healer if I could. I always do it on my alts. I just wish Warlocks would finally get the tanking spec so I could play a tank on my main. I just don't want to switch away from my main just so I can tank or heal.

But yeah the answer to why the dps queues are so long is because the tank spec always takes on some leading role. And most people are not really comfortable with this.

Playing a DPS as a main, and a Tank as an alt, it's night and day.

Players expect more from tanks. You go into m+ and tank is asked for route, is given leader, and then asked to make ready check/pull timers.

In pug raids you're given assist and the pulls and marking relies heavily on you. A lot of raid leaders just make the group and expect the tanks to semi-lead it for them from there.

I doubt guild tanks have the same issues as what I mentioned. I only pug content with my alt tank, but that's what I've experienced.

A lot of my friends don't tank because they deem it too stressful compared to dps/healing. Specially considering the reward is the same as if you are a DPS player.
    There's no additional AP/Gear...etc for playing a tank apart from random heroic or LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    That pretty much covers it. The players caused the problem. Blizzard can't really fix it.
    Seconded, that comic is a total "/thread" moment.

As soon as world quests for "good enough gear" became a thing, I basically retired all of my tanks (I have 30 characters in BFA levels) from queueing to tank for strangers. I am confident that I will never be forced back into dungeons as a tank for strangers because we are the game's greatest selling point as well as its greatest, most outdated weakness. Every point where players "need each other" is a developmental pain point because we can't be trusted with each other's time any more in an experience that is fun and inclusive.

All of this is why I will be leading shadowlands with a druid: Tank when soloing, ranged DPS for what few dungeons will be needed for one time quests.

We did this to ourselves, and all the "solo in parallel" gameplay modes of the last few expansions are a response. Only people that "love to" tank or heal will queue to do this now. OR people with chat off... which will get more widespread if/when gamepad (and potential console) support becomes a thing.

Ikr this is so bullshit. 10 years now isnt it? Figured by now Blizzard would just fucking lower the damn DPS que times already.

Cata was the worst! I remember when they set DPS que times to an hour or more!
    Last edited by sarym13; 2020-04-14 at 10:31 PM.

The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.
    But that is the truth. DPS vastly outnumber available tanks and healers, even when there are more DPS in any given group thank the other roles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Why don't they just allow geared dps to queue up as tanks...
    Overgeared DPS might be able to tank without dying, but there is no guarantee the DPS queuing is overgeared enough to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    Worked fine for FFXIV, another MMO.
    I am very impressed with FF14.

The group is 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 dps.
    DPS is very important because only 2.
    Even the healer has to put some dps in.
    There is no easy loot in FF14.

I see the expansion is on sale this week.
    Wonder if I should get it. This game is too hard

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You have to be masochist to queue as tank or heal with random people. Too many clueless dps queuing.
    I have felt the same about tanks and healers as of late.

This is possible.
    Wrong. There is Nothing blizzard can do for you on this. Nothing. AI is wonky, at best. Wanna see how well it "works"? Go do proving grounds as a healer. Its not that great.

Tank or heal. There is your solution. Otherwise suck it up and deal with it. As someone who can tank, 5 mans SUCK. They are boring and dull. Why would I want to tank those? Faster queue time? Nah. I'll do world quests or watch something while waiting as a dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?