Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    This is a player(community)/YOU issue, not Blizzard's. They can't just magically make tanks and healers pop into existence...

Perhaps they can lift the Faction division for LFG/LFR, opening the pool of players in queue. We already got mercenary mode for BGs, and appear as the other Faction in a number of raids and dungeons... so I see no issue with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Blizzard has had ample time to come up with a fix for this problem. The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.

Remember (forgot which xpac) Blizzard said leveling as a straight healer would be possible and running solo scenarios for rewards as a healer would be a thing?

Why not implement a scenario for singular people without guilds, without the 20+ minutes of waiting AND then running said dungeon?

AI has worked fine in brawlers guild, that gives rewards. It was viable in Proving Grounds, we started the fights as whatever spec we wanted...

This is possible.
    Speaking as a Holy Priest main, play a tank or a healer. You're part of the problem. No, it's not tired and outdated, you need a tank and a healer to do five-man dungeons. There aren't enough tanks and healers as compared to the number of DPS.

The problem with the solo content OP talks about is it's going to go one of two ways:
    - Players are going to demand it be just as rewarding as all the other content in the game or they're not going to want to do it.
    - If they offer rewards as competitive as other aspects of the game, it will be a focus to the detriment of group play. If players are failing, they'll blame Blizzard for the crappy AI. If they succeed, they'll expect high level rewards.

At the end of the day, this is a MMO, not a single player game. The focus and rewards need to come from group play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    This, like why the fuck would anyone care for heroic dungeon ???
    Some people just want to go in with a buddy or 2 and talk about all kinds of other things while doing the dungeon. If you are constantly doing the tryhard thing with timers and no mistakes allowed mechanics then you shouldn't be surprised when your friends stop playing the game. This is why there should still be some kind of currency you can get from heroic dungeons to buy gear even with a weekly cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The problem with the solo content OP talks about is it's going to go one of two ways:
    - Players are going to demand it be just as rewarding as all the other content in the game or they're not going to want to do it.
    - If they offer rewards as competitive as other aspects of the game, it will be a focus to the detriment of group play. If players are failing, they'll blame Blizzard for the crappy AI. If they succeed, they'll expect high level rewards.

At the end of the day, this is a MMO, not a single player game. The focus and rewards need to come from group play.
    I think you are mostly right, but there should still be some solo play for getting gear that is not as good as what you can get in a group but still have satisfying progression. The game should nudge the player towards group play though because that should have the highest fun factor involved when it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    In brain dead content, I don't care... In mythic dungeons or keys keep it out. Let people log into the game and have fun. Give casual there fun mode and keep it out of my mythic dungeons and raids thank you.

No live is the most difficult iteration of wow so far... Let casual have there accessible content but keep my content challenging.
    in mythic 0 bots would be better then people too.

example today motherlode 0 - goign there only for ring - doing 50% of overall dps - rest is semi afk - 1 person dc tank overpulls when healer is on low mana and they die - when tank dies i die to - tank leaves - group falls apart - woudl 100000 % prefer to play with bots with some basic AI then with people like that at least they would have programmed to not overpull .

guess it was karma because i planned to leave afterfirst boss anyway .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-04-18 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    you couldn't queue as tank as demo lock. and you didn't have vengeance so your threat gain was actually garbage.

But okay sure.
    also Enh never really tanked anything past a 5man quest.
    Threat gain is easy enough to fix, particularly in today's world where there isn't vengeance. As for shaman, I ran with shaman tanks in Strath live. They didn't raid tank, but they could tank end-game dungeons in a good group (using CCs, waiting for threat to DPS, etc.). It could be expanded into a full tanking set if Blizzard wanted.

Were they great tanks? No. But the point is that Blizzard could add specs of other roles to other classes, which I think could help alleviate the problem. Not every paladin or death knight tanks, but I know several who never set out to tank but then gave it a try because their class could.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    If bosses had some kind of mechanic dps had to do successfully or the boss didn't die you would see the number of dps culled pretty quick.
    No. I think it just means the tanks and healers would bail on those. I remember Wotlk ICC5 H-HoR. The number of times a tank/healer would just leave on entry. Kill order and proper interrupts are required. Done right, it is quite straight forward. Gets it wrong and it is wipes after wipes.