Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Problem is feral is just a ghetto assassination rogue with a more limited kit of abilities. That's always been the druid problem, all the specs except Legion guardian were just watered down versions of the real classes.

They just need to bring back wotlk feral. Most fun I ever had playing wow

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    We are a few days in to alpha and I am getting worried. Alomost nobody has given feedback on the state of feral in the alpha so far.

Sure, a few players gave their feedback regarding Bloodtalons. However, it's just one talent out of 21. Even if they get Bloodtalons right, it won't have a huge impact on the playability of the spec.

So far, even on Twitch I have yet to see a "true" feral. Everybody plays Boomie (not blaming them, ofc).

I fear, because of the lack of dedicated alpha feral players, we will get shafted again.

Therefor, I call on every druid in the alpha to give the WoW devs feedback on feral. At least some kind of unique utility is needed to make this spec somewhat desirable (in PvE).
    Most people have caught on to the fact that Activision does not care about feedback. Testing is just used as free advertising these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    They just need to bring back wotlk feral. Most fun I ever had playing wow
    WoTLK feral was sweet, but honestly I think the high point of the spec in terms of fun and utility was TBC. Being able to go from a middle-of-the-pack DPS who brought a required party buff, to the best tank for the hard hitting bosses (Azgalor, Gorefiend, etc) as no tank could stack enough defense at that point in time to push crushing blows off the hit table and we just had mad HP. The flexibility was amazing for stuff like Zul'Aman where you needed 2 tanks for the cleave boss but not much else, man I miss those days.

Quote Originally Posted by siyX- View Post
    WoTLK feral was sweet, but honestly I think the high point of the spec in terms of fun and utility was TBC. Being able to go from a middle-of-the-pack DPS who brought a required party buff, to the best tank for the hard hitting bosses (Azgalor, Gorefiend, etc) as no tank could stack enough defense at that point in time to push crushing blows off the hit table and we just had mad HP. The flexibility was amazing for stuff like Zul'Aman where you needed 2 tanks for the cleave boss but not much else, man I miss those days.
    what? Getting crushing blows out of the picture was never an issue for warriors and probably paladins too. If you had the crit cap, which every decent tank did even in blues, and kept your shield block up.. no crushing blows would go your way.

Cata def nailed the dps/tank hybrid way more though. I remember bear catting on madness of deathwing heroic... it was a delight. I just maximized my tanking downtime as much as possible to push my dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    what? Getting crushing blows out of the picture was never an issue for warriors and probably paladins too. If you had the crit cap, which every decent tank did even in blues, and kept your shield block up.. no crushing blows would go your way.
    Not the case. Yes, with shield block up Warrior could not be crushed, but any boss with a 2 second or faster swing timer would eat through your two shield block charges faster than you could re-apply them and you couldn’t maintain uncrushability. Paladin was even worse with their increased block being a random proc talent and therefore was unreliable. They changed the mechanic entirely in WoTLK, but for TBC your tanks were going to get occasionally crushed, and that’s why you opted for a Druid to tank the heavy hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by siyX- View Post
    Not the case. Yes, with shield block up Warrior could not be crushed, but any boss with a 2 second or faster swing timer would eat through your two shield block charges faster than you could re-apply them and you couldn’t maintain uncrushability. Paladin was even worse with their increased block being a random proc talent and therefore was unreliable. They changed the mechanic entirely in WoTLK, but for TBC your tanks were going to get occasionally crushed, and that’s why you opted for a Druid to tank the heavy hitters.
    Might be the case, but i still remember getting squashed by Twin Eredars, when 3 out of 4 attack was crushing blows and our warrior didn't experience this. One key difference for TBC tanking, was that we didn't have any defensive CD's or HP pots, unless we went out of form.

The issue i have is it seems only 1 (maybe 2) talents was even looked at, Most of the talents are garbo or just dam soul destroying to play (perm rip anyone?) most of the fun i had was in wrath as feral keeping my bleeds active having my savage roar up and then weaving in FBs when i had the time too. It made me think of what i had to do. Legion was also fun for feral having the extra bleed to put in. I am really sad for feral going into shadowlands i feel blizzard has no idea wtf to do, they can go dam easy mode like now or mental madness like 12sec mangle and plate spinning in wrath but not all ferals will be happy. It seems hard for them to find a middle ground on the spec.

Lets hope the legendarys / conduits make the spec a little more appealing... i will be maining feral again for shadowlands but im not as in love as i once was.

No hunter feedback either. Lol.

At least there is this

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    No hunter feedback either. Lol.
    While maybe boring... hunter seems to be in a good place, apart from its bastard child survival xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    While maybe boring... hunter seems to be in a good place, apart from its bastard child survival xD
    BM is dead in the water too. Right now in the beta, Hunter has only one spec: MM.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-07-24 at 02:05 PM.

One of the least played specs in the game. ofc there is not as much feedback. And if you guys complain about that, maybe not post in this pointless thread but express your opinion in the official boards?
    That being said there is proper feedback, like Guiltyas wrote a whole manifest about his views and concerns. Also there are some good posts in the feedback thread. Etc Etc. The amount of posts and threads dont matter as much as the quality and the content of the posts.
    But either way, don't expect Blizz to revamp the spec...it won't happen. They are already on a tight schedule and they won't risk wasting too much ressources or messing up the spec completely. And it's not like feral isn't working or broke...it works. Changes like the bloodtalon one were called for, so unluckily we get this messed up clunky version of it now...because some people could not get their head around pressing a resto button to get a dps buff.
    But with the legendaries it could even be possible to get viable bleed specs working again. May feel like a bandaid but hopefully they will pay the spec more attention after that.
    But don't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I honestly wish they just redesigned the idea behind feral druid altogether. It will always be just a rogue wannabe with bleeds instead of poisons and without all the cool stuff rogue gets. I just can't see the spec mattering anywhere (in pve at least) with the way they design raid fights now.

Combo points should be rogue flavor. They should just move away from it for feral. Or move away from energy and make the abilities have cd. It's the same problem as with balance - for some reason they are trying to make the playstyle distinct from other specs, and because of that the spec suffers. Look at melee specs - most of them are just "build resource with basic abilities which have cd, spend resource on a big ability". And they work. Some of them are fun even. Not even mentioning they are also pretty easy. Preposperous.

Meanwhile feral doesnt work, it super hard and not that engaging. Just a mess of a spec and it seems nothing is going to change in that regard.
    Feral is one of the easiest specs to play at the moment, what are you even talking about? The days of plate-spinning are long over. Do you even play feral?
    Also there is cool stuff about feral indeed, just not the absurdity of utility that a class like rogues get for some miraculous reason. SI was a VERY good defensive
    cooldown, selfheal was ok and pretty helpful in a 20+ key with necrotic or bursting, the basemovementspeed is awesome like the mobility in general, sure much of a druids toolkit does not matter much in PVE these days but ecounters like wrathion mythic are welcomed exceptions, the balance affinity extra range is pure gold etc...
    Also, please elaborate how "feral does not work". Because I am pretty sure it does, just maybe not like YOU think it SHOULD work mate.

Cleared Nyalotha as a feral like every other raid before, played high keys...it is all possible. Sure, if you wanna minmax and play in a toptier guild you are screwed as a feral. It's a hybrid with all the problems hybrids bring with them and it most likely will never be FOTM for certain content. But not being fotm does not mean the spec does not work or that is dogsht. People who think like that should just leave feral behind and play the pure dps classes, you won't ever be happy with this spec with that mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    BM is dead in the water too. Right now in the beta, Hunter has only one spec: MM.
    BM has been disgustingly broken this entire xpac, fire mage levels of broken while requiring 1/10 the brain cells to pull off.

If BM is ever to be good, it will need to be retooled so it isn't a class and spec with no care whatsoever for mechanics since it can do everything on the move and has Turtle to cheese crap.

Even worse, since so much of the damage comes from the pets passively, it's really hard for BM to screw up their damage. There's just no reason to play MM let alone any non-mage caster if BM does the same thing but without the handicap of being a turret.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    There's just no reason to play MM let alone any non-mage caster if BM does the same thing but without the handicap of being a turret.
    There is reason. I want to play range class with bow but hate pet. God bless lone wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Axeros View Post
    There is reason. I want to play range class with bow but hate pet. God bless lone wolf
    Which is fine if you play from a casual perspective, at which point complaining about the state of a spec doesn't matter since you can clear heroics with any comp with little issue.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nges/490706/11

I googled feral shadowlands, and look what popped up. Searching is hard.

Provided that someone at blizzard actually does read the shadowlands feedback threads (and has a clue about the spec / the specs current issues) the only issue going forward would be to decipher the whiners who can never be satisfied from the poster's who actually understand what needs to be done.

Then again this could have all been avoided had blues conversed with people from class discords (regulars / moderators or people who actually write guides for said specs) and saved themselves quite a bit of wasted time. If that is too hard, do as quite a lot of industries do and hire interns, bam job done for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

What do you guys think about these changes?

• Berserk (without requiring a talent) now makes Shred and Rake deal damage as though you were stealthed, and makes finishing moves refund 2 combo points.
    • A new upgrade to Shred makes it generate an extra combo point when used from stealth (and by extension, during Berserk).
    • Incarnation, as always, lasts 30 seconds and grants all benefits of Berserk, plus one additional effect–now, some energy cost reduction. It continues to allow one in-combat restealth.
    • Stealth bonuses to Shred and Rake rebalanced somewhat (Shred higher than live, and Rake lower than live) both to make them more competitive, and to reflect their presence on a baseline cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Potgrond92 View Post
    What do you guys think about these changes?

• Berserk (without requiring a talent) now makes Shred and Rake deal damage as though you were stealthed, and makes finishing moves refund 2 combo points.
    • A new upgrade to Shred makes it generate an extra combo point when used from stealth (and by extension, during Berserk).
    • Incarnation, as always, lasts 30 seconds and grants all benefits of Berserk, plus one additional effect–now, some energy cost reduction. It continues to allow one in-combat restealth.
    • Stealth bonuses to Shred and Rake rebalanced somewhat (Shred higher than live, and Rake lower than live) both to make them more competitive, and to reflect their presence on a baseline cooldown.
    From beeing the worst cd in game it went up to being ok cd, but Incarnation is kinda dead talent now 20% lower cost is nothing compare to other 2 talents

Now they shoud somehow blance utility among druid spec , bigest problem of Feral is that resto and other druid spec exist and they bring more tools then Feral does, so why bring feral if you can get Blance or your healer is Resto druid ?

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    From beeing the worst cd in game it went up to being ok cd, but Incarnation is kinda dead talent now 20% lower cost is nothing compare to other 2 talents
    Well, let's be honest, 20% lower cost and 50% more duration. Still sounds kinda poor, though.

It's not a lack of feral feedback.

Virtually almost all the big-names and theorycrafting leaders that appear in FinalBossTV interviews or members of world race guilds have been completely negligent in posting on the alpha/beta forums.

I don't care that there is cynicism as to whether feedback is listened to or not, but if you are given an invite, why are you not using the voice that got you that invite to begin with to give feedback? It almost seems like all these top guilds just use the alpha/beta as a prepping period rather than for the test+feedback function it's meant to have.

Either that, or they have some hidden channel with Blizzard for feedback that we're not privy to, but I doubt it.

This has been one of the most stagnant alpha/beta cycles I have seen in a while.