Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Red face Shadowlands is the "players were right" expansion.

They've backflipped on almost all their egregious design choices.

Almost everything every level headed person has been saying is wrong with the game is getting fixed in Shadowlands. It's almost like Ion and his legion of fanboys were wrong the whole time.

Let loot be loot.
    Vendors and currencies back for PvP.
    No titanforging or shitty RNG system of any kind.
    Un-pruning classes.
    Craftable legendaries.
    Making professions matter again.
    Less loot will drop making loot more meaningful - no more vendoring thousands of epics every expansion.
    Potential return of class themed sets.

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. ("Please stop leaving our game, you were right.")

I mean there is still some shit things like we don't know much about Anima Power(AP) and the Covenant abilities can NEVER be balanced(Blizzard is dogshit at balancing).

At this point though it turns out the Blizz Defenders were wrong. It's too early to celebrate but from a pessimist at least they're saying all the right things. Ion is a pathological liar though so only time will tell.
    Last edited by DemonDays; 2020-04-15 at 01:18 PM.

This is the best expansion since Cataclysm

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-04-15 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Removed Giant Fonts

Or it will turn out to be the "Player were utterly wrong" expansion. You're a bit to quick to celebrate here.

LooL, i never realized this. Kind of a fun fact, i agree

We cant blame Blizzard, they are constantly trying to improve the game...and we NEVER realize when something is "legendary" when we are experiencing it.
    You were with a girl and you didnt give a fuck about it? Lose her and then realize it was the best time of your life (kinda deal)

I just want to add to the list the "weekly chest" where Blizzard is making "player agency" as the reason to repeat Mythic+ dungeons for an extra chance to get "agency" on the items we get on the chest.

Yeah...player agency is now a mechanic, who would have though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    I mean there is still some shit things like we don't know much about Anima Power(AP)
    ???????
    Anima Powers are literally just buffs for Torghast.

Unless you mean an equivalent to Artifact power, which there is none.
    As stated numerous times already.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by McTaster View Post
    This is the best expansion since Cataclysm
    Ironically, Mists (and 4.3) were Blizzard desperately trying to correct Cata's design decisions that were so terrible that millions of casuals were quitting the game.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Should this expansion turn out to work and the design decisions are validated, Blizzard needs to do one thing for 10.0.

Nothing. Constant iteration has heavily damage this game as they strive to reinvent it with every expansion. If Shadowlands is the working formula, STOP ITERATING. Just create new content, new quests, new zones, new stories. If 10.0 is the same game as 9.0, what of it if 9.0 was a wild success?

If that requires a new roguelike dungeon for Torghast, just do another one. If crafting our own legendaries is a brilliant system, just do that again.

No need to continually reinvent the wheel which each expansion because there's 50/50 chance doing so will make the next expansion suck.

I mean there is still some shit things like we don't know much about Anima Power(AP).
    Stuff like this makes you look like a simpleton. We've known what AP is since Blizzcon announcement.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    inb4 Shadowlads sucks, BFA was miles better...

following by:

Wrath of the dingadongle cataclysmic mist of draenor is horrid, Shadowlands was bestest expansion everer

and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Should this expansion turn out to work and the design decisions are validated, Blizzard needs to do one thing for 10.0.

Nothing. Constant iteration has heavily damage this game as they strive to reinvent it with every expansion. If Shadowlands is the working formula, STOP ITERATING. Just create new content, new quests, new zones, new stories. If 10.0 is the same game as 9.0, what of it if 9.0 was a wild success?

If that requires a new roguelike dungeon for Torghast, just do another one. If crafting our own legendaries is a brilliant system, just do that again.

No need to continually reinvent the wheel which each expansion because there's 50/50 chance doing so will make the next expansion suck.
    if that is the case, i quit wow. if you would follow that, we were still in classic and holy shit, the game would suuuuuuuck.

If they didn't make new stuff then you wouldn't have expansions like TBC, WOTLK and MOP. If you don't iterate then content get's stale

They've backflipped on almost all their egregious design choices.

Almost everything every level headed person has been saying is wrong with the game is getting fixed in Shadowlands. It's almost like Ion and his legion of fanboys were wrong the whole time.

Let loot be loot.
    Vendors and currencies back for PvP.
    No titanforging or shitty RNG system of any kind.
    Un-pruning classes.
    Craftable legendaries.
    Less loot will drop making loot more meaningful - no more vendoring thousands of epics every expansion.
    Potential return of class themed sets.

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. ("Please stop leaving our game, you were right.")

I mean there is still some shit things like we don't know much about Anima Power(AP) and the Covenant abilities can NEVER be balanced(Blizzard is dogshit at balancing).

At this point though it turns out the Blizz Defenders were wrong. It's too late to celebrate but from a pessimist at least they're saying all the right things. Ion is a pathological liar though so only time will tell.

But the other side with loot is, theirs so many repeatability, in almost all spectrums of the game, by decreasing the amount of loot, will also decrease the need to do these things, which can be a good thing. But how will m+ for example function with less loot? Will only 1 player get loot? Will it then even be worth your time? What drives players doing mythic+ if it would give zero loot? Would they instead add cosmetics to mythic + rather then actual loot? Will wq awards items? How will catch up gear work if all these things will be verry limited, im curious, it looks promising, but every expansion looks that way.

I just want things to matter, i would kill the repeatability if gear would still drop heavly,having the feeling back with ‘im done this week’ felt good in my book. Also makes things last longer perhaps (less burnouts and more eager to do things)

Or, maybe Legion was the "players were right" expansion that reacted to all of the feedback from before legion. "We want more stuff to do" "we hate DEing all the boss loot" and "we want more permant progression" were all constantly brought up during WoD.
    Even WoD was a designed by listening to player feedback like "we want player housing" and "we want less dailies". They just fucked up the execution.
    I can go on with this line of arguing all the way back to vanilla.

So maybe game design is a process. You deliver a product. You listen to feedback. And then you design your next product based on that feedback.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they post the profession changes yet? Because currently I expect them to fuck the professions up again
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    If they didn't make new stuff then you wouldn't have expansions like TBC, WOTLK and MOP. If you don't iterate then content get's stale
    I agree with that assesment, but the way gear is obtained should always in my opinion be the same, lately your getting handed billions of items which all are being thrown in the bin, so getting a certain item feels less rewarding ashwell. I think ever since legion obtaining gear went abit to far.
    But its hard ashwell when mythic+ is their golden baby, and how would it be if no loot would drop? I would be okay of theyd add certain cosmetics and professions/tittle things not power progression things tho like essences or artifact power shit, make it all about your chooice, and because its cool to go higher and higher( and perhaps have a cosmetic display it )

Im sorry for what im about to say...but thats "loser talk". im sorry

Because in my idea, one person needs to constantly try and evolve...thrive to be better everyday.
    Blizzard and wow are not a person....true....but i applaud each attempt (and flame on forums, endless cycle)

Sometimes, in the process of evolution we need to "go back" to something we tried before and didnt realize (at the time) it was amazing

We will never move forward if Blizzards does what you are saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Even WoD was a designed by listening to player feedback like "we want player housing" and "we want less dailies". They just fucked up the execution.
    I don't think people expected the "player housing" to cost them EVERYTHING open world content wise.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

And yet, players will whine about everyfuckingthing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I believe it is the "players were right" expansion, when there is no complaining once the x-pac is out.
    Dude...member when we saw anti-titanforging threads everyday and we thought "everyone" hated it?

And then...member now when we had a couple "i miss titanforging" threads?

Literally impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or it will turn out to be the "Player were utterly wrong" expansion. You're a bit to quick to celebrate here.
    Apparently you are having trouble reading. I said "at this point" and "it's too early to celebrate". Just gloss over it though and provide a snarky response.

You fanboys must be in a bit of shock they're walking back on all the shitty design choices you've all spent the last 2-4 years defending. What was it all for?