Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by McTaster View Post
    its neutral, whats shitty to do is asking another person to stop becuase they havnet seen soemthing. Well I dont give a fuck, eitehr watch it, or cover your ears and be silent
    Ok boomer.

As a general comment regarding the thread topic.

Not only do you take away a moment of excitement for a person with spoilers, you may also ruin the entire presentation of a plot for that person. For, well, really no gain.

its not about "doing it on purpose", more liek if I want to talk about it I talk about it and thats it.
    So literally fucking do so, no one is saying you are forbidden from talking about spoilers. These very forums are FILLED with them. But literally all you need to do is label them.

"Spoilers. .... Does in shadowlands" then discuss it in the post, not the title, so people arnt spoiled unless they want to be.

Also spoilers also very much effect video games. A puzzle game is fun because you overcome something through your intelligence and skill.
    Just giving people the answer ruins the entire puzzle.
    A riddle is not fun if you just say the answer.

- - - Updated - - -

its neutral, whats shitty to do is asking another person to stop becuase they havnet seen soemthing. Well I dont give a fuck, eitehr watch it, or cover your ears and be silent
    Your right. If someone came into a forum thread named "spoiler blank kills blank" and started complaining about spoilers I would tell them not to come to spoiler forums.

But if you go into random forums and start posting spoilers. People are gunna call you a wanker.

I mean, I never got spoiled hard, but I know for certain that I wouldn't like waking up one day and reading on this forum front page "*SPOILERS* ARTHAS RETURNS, REDEEMS HIMSELF, AND KILLS THE JAILER*". Just be a fucking decent human being and title it "So this certain prince is back and did this *Spoilers*". Am I asking for such an impossible thing to accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Your right. If someone came into a forum thread named "spoiler blank kills blank" and started complaining about spoilers I would tell them not to come to spoiler forums.

But if you go into random forums and start posting spoilers. People are gunna call you a wanker.
    Pretty much.

It heavily depends on the genre.

I mostly do not care about spoilers, I frequently read alpha datamine stuff and what-not.

However there are stories that are made with the intention to be mysterious.
    I recently watched Knives Out and that story loses much of it's initial hit once you know the details.
    It doesn't ruin the movie ofc, but it takes away the feeling of watching it unfold.

Shutter Island is another great one. Once you know how it ends the movie just isn't same, you start watching it differently from that point onwards.
    You can never re-capture that. You cannot un-see something.

The fact that you don't care is great. You do you.
    This doesn't mean you can just take away the initial discovery of a story from people. Y'know, the way that the creators originally intend people to experience their story?

If the creators were like "fuck it, here's my movie, this and this and this happen in it, go watch it now" would you watch it?
    You will say you would but let's be perfectly honest it won't spark up the majority of the people to go and watch it.

Just stop.

Stop pretending you can't enjoy a good story without knowing some details first.
    Who the fuck even cares???

This "no spoiler" culture is just utter bullshit.
    Someone steal your e-girl or something? The idea behind not wanting spoilers is you want to hear the complete story from the source.

Since you like spoilers so much, here you go. Your life ends in misery because your ashamed and angry about your tiny penis.

How could it not affect you if you knew from the beginning that Bruce Willis is actually dead in the Sixth Sense?

How could it possibly not affect the way you read and interprete the actions Several Snape takes in Harry Potter 6+7?

This is dumb beyond comprehension.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like surprises. Something I didn't expect to happen (If it's a good thing). If I know that surprise before playing the game or watching the movie, I already know to expect it, which is not as fun.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be a problem with the participant of such post if one can't even simply discern a post if it is containing spoilers or not.
    Why spend time reading Shadowlands Discussion posts if it's still in Alpha phase and as usual contents are being exposed as it is being datamined?
    Better stick with General Forum or lore and stop being hypocrite.
    I could see the problem stemming from what is being spoiled but who was the one spoiling a topic.

i love the people who go to mmo champion 9.0 forums or the wowhead beta site and complain about spoilers in a post titled "revendreth spoilers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't really about Shadowlands or WoW, and doesn't seem bound to go anywhere constructive. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead