Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McTaster View Post
    Even anime creators don't give a fuck about spoilers and Asian people in general go look it up.
    The fucking JoJo OPENINGS are full of "spoilers" and no Japanese guy gives two shits about it rightly so!!
    and the trailer for NieR: Automata had events and quote from the very final fight, yet it's no spoiler cause you simply don't know.
    Many openings and trailers contain spoilers, but they aren't that dumb as to make it obvious or only being spoiler-y when you finished it yourself and when you watch it again you just think "was that there the whole time?!" I don't know JoJo myself, but i doubt that they'd put a character death into it from the getgo or similarly important scenes

Knowing keymoments takes away from a story. If people would spoil stuff like "sylvanas will die against character x!" then the whole buildup is just "meh, she gonna die anyway" rather then "i hope character finally finishes her off!"

But in the end, people that don't wanna be spoiled might just steer away from lore discussions (or discussions about whatever you don't wanna be spoiled on). It's not that hard, i do it all the time. I mean i haven't been spoiled on Chrono Trigger for like 20 years or something or even very popular recent AAA titles that i bought on a later date and things like that.
    Last edited by Shakzor; 2020-04-15 at 10:01 AM.

And that is precisely the shit that needs to change!
    No, you need to start to Respect other people and Opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    But it's not going to change. So why don't you just follow the rules like a good boy?

It's just a general rule of kindness. If you know someone just started watching a show, you don't spoil them how it ends or which characters die.
    One could argue that if you do spoil something for somebody, it would encourage them to consume their entertainment quicker in the future, thereby removing the ability for their content to be spoiled. You really are helping them in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    and the trailer for NieR: Automata had events and quote from the very final fight, yet it's no spoiler cause you simply don't know.
    Many openings and trailers contain spoilers, but they aren't that dumb as to make it obvious or only being spoiler-y when you finished it yourself and when you watch it again you just think "was that there the whole time?!" I don't know JoJo myself, but i doubt that they'd put a character death into it from the getgo or similarly important scenes

Knowing keymoments takes away from a story. If people would spoil stuff like "sylvanas will die against character x!" then the whole buildup is just "meh, she gonna die anyway"
    This, exactly. Even though its like 100% certain she will die, its still an adventure to find out how.
    Also, a big part is to "Talk about" events.
    E.g. We talk and Speculate in our Guild over possible Future Plots or what might be Happening. If you tell me right now how its going to happen you take that away.

But it's not going to change. So why don't you just follow the rules like a good boy?

It's just a general rule of kindness. If you know someone just started watching a show, you don't spoil them how it ends or which characters die.
    Be a good boy? Do you think everyone shoudl follwo "rules" liek dogs? XD
    If thats the life you want, live it.

I on the other hand do what I want, when I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    One could argue that if you do spoil something for somebody, it would encourage them to consume their entertainment quicker in the future, thereby removing the ability for their content to be spoiled. You really are helping them in some ways.
    No, you're not. If you spoil them how GoT ends when they are at season 2, you aren't doing them any favours. Why waste time watching 6 seasons of this one character when you know it's all for nothing.

Okay then. Don't complain when you get banned 'cause you didn't follow the No-Spoiler rule.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

No, you're not. If you spoil them how GoT ends when they are at season 2, you aren't doing them any favours. Why waste time watching 6 seasons of this one character when you know it's all for nothing.

Okay then. Don't complain when you get banned 'cause you didn't follow the No-Spoiler rule.
    Ok sit here, like a good boy, and watch me say anything spoiler-y then. Have fun

Thats the whoel problem with this shit, its so ingrained in the dumfuck people's minds that its supposedly a problem, when in fact it isn't even worth mentioning.
    "Spoilers" themselves don't "spoil" the story evne if you know them, hence the term should be nonexistent
    Yes they do.

- - - Updated - - -

The story itself can be that good and enjoyed to 100% even if you know what is supposed to happen next
    No, it can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Yes they do.
    Well the sotry itself doesn't turn "bad", its just the percepttion of some idiots that it does. Hence the nomenclature by itself is false.

Well the sotry itself doesn't turn "bad", its just the percepttion of some idiots that it does. Hence the nomenclature by itself is false.
    ofcourse the story doesn't turn "bad", but it takes away the entire tension and that feeling of "wonder what'll happen next!". If you already know important story point, it gets a whole lot less interesting, because you already know what it all will end up in.
    If you know someone will win a race beforehand or will win the world cup, it makes watching it a whole lot less interesting.

Spoilers are annoying many people for a reason. I doubt you'd like if you found an interesting movie or game and get immedietaly told "oh, this, this, that and that will happen and characters x,y,z will die in those events", since it takes away from those moments

How about you make me.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It can be your opinion but don't expect others to hold back for example discussion because "you dont want to be spoiled" the whole thing should be the other way aroudn!
    If you dont want spoilers cover your ears, simple.
    Isn't that what people are doing? There is places to go where you don't talk about spoilers. And there is other places where you talk about them. I can't think of a different way to "cover your ears" on the internet.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

7+ Year Old Account
    Just stop.

Stop pretending you can't enjoy a good story without knowing some details first.
    Who the fuck even cares???

This "no spoiler" culture is just utter bullshit.
    Yeah nah, being spoiled without wanting to is super fucking annoying.
    The issue with spoilers and why people avoid stuff, is

1. they rather see it when its complete, as MANY times things they are "spoiled" for they get a really bad version of it, that then looks much better later, and your first impression cant be redone, so yeah, they want to see the best.

2. hearing "X does Y" runs into issues like how context is lost, and so you think "wow X does Y is fucking bullshit" but then 8 months later when it comes out and youve been complaining this whole time, suddenly you have context and its fine and well... those 8 months were just you annoyed as fuck, from having a partial story.

so no, "No spoiler culture" is right, as spoilers are annnoying as fuck, im fine with them, but i understand many who are not, as for more it depends, some series i really do not like spoilers, but others im fine with.

spoilers= see stuff early, when it may not be complete, and we may not have context... but hey you get to see it early?
    no spoilers= see stuff as it should be, when it is out, and in its full context and development.

spoilers overall are bad, but i understand peoples need to see stuff early.

- - - Updated - - -

yes. spoilers, spoil the story, if i took a murder mystery and simply said "X killed samantha with Y and got away with it by doing Z" that would ruin the WHOLE STORY!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    I don't know what is worse: "spoiler" culture or "anti-spoiler" culture. Both are cesspools.
    Same with 'art theft' people and 'credit the artist' people.

- - - Updated - - -

Just stop.

Stop pretending you can't enjoy a good story without knowing some details first.
    Who the fuck even cares???

This "no spoiler" culture is just utter bullshit.
    Let people care about what they care about. Why does it matter.

If people are going out of their ways to go to areas to get spoiled and then complain about how bad spoilers are, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why anyone is responding to this obvious troll rage thread. And sadly, I just did as well, but hopefully everyone stop and think for a sec after reading this and let's this just die like it would have if mods were awake.

Your thread title is a command to others.

Also, man- you sure are a rebel. People ask you kindly not to spoil something for them, but what do you do? You laugh in their faces. "Dude, spoiling isn't bad. The Jailer was Anduin's real father all along. Boom, deal with it!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone is responding to this obvious troll rage thread. And sadly, I just did as well, but hopefully everyone stop and think for a sec after reading this and let's this just die like it would have if mods were awake.
    I mean.. often times, replies aren't to convince the person, but to convince any other people that may be present.

yeah no you are wrong... spoilers suck, feel free to spoil it for yourself but i prefer to see the events in game first.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account

Your local police must love you, that or your mom is sick of her 12 year old kid being an edgelord.
    carful mctaster, your mummy might send you to juvie!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah nah, being spoiled without wanting to is super fucking annoying.
    The issue with spoilers and why people avoid stuff, is

1. they rather see it when its complete, as MANY times things they are "spoiled" for they get a really bad version of it, that then looks much better later, and your first impression cant be redone, so yeah, they want to see the best.

2. hearing "X does Y" runs into issues like how context is lost, and so you think "wow X does Y is fucking bullshit" but then 8 months later when it comes out and youve been complaining this whole time, suddenly you have context and its fine and well... those 8 months were just you annoyed as fuck, from having a partial story.

so no, "No spoiler culture" is right, as spoilers are annnoying as fuck, im fine with them, but i understand many who are not, as for more it depends, some series i really do not like spoilers, but others im fine with.

spoilers= see stuff early, when it may not be complete, and we may not have context... but hey you get to see it early?
    no spoilers= see stuff as it should be, when it is out, and in its full context and development.

spoilers overall are bad, but i understand peoples need to see stuff early.

- - - Updated - - -

yes. spoilers, spoil the story, if i took a murder mystery and simply said "X killed samantha with Y and got away with it by doing Z" that would ruin the WHOLE STORY!
    Obvoiusly you haven't watched Columbo

you must be too young, you squirt :P

even the idea that a story could turn bad by you knowing about it is something only a true idiot would argue with.
    Last edited by ChinaMancer; 2020-04-15 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Your thread title is a command to others.

Also, man- you sure are a rebel. People ask you kindly not to spoil something for them, but what do you do? You laugh in their faces. "Dude, spoiling isn't bad. The Jailer was Anduin's real father all along. Boom, deal with it!"

- - - Updated - - -

I mean.. often times, replies aren't to convince the person, but to convince any other people that may be present.
    You aren't wrong, but it just fuels the fire. If no one responded, people like the OP wouldn't be around as much, they just want to seem like internet badasses and garner attention because they're typically children who want to be cool and "troll" like it's 4chan.