Thread: Premium prices

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Premium prices

Are you kidding me with this?

Minimum of $5/month?

Surely you get an access to private section of the forum with only other premium members allowed for this price?

Edit: To clarify: I'm not complaining about the existence of Premium. I was fine paying for it before, but if the price increase is this drastic, there should be more perks included than just custom title and badge.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 2020-04-16 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks for making this thread - I actually wondered what was up with that. I used to have the "premium" tag, but that was at a time when you got a 1 years sub for 9 dollars. Seems they all got removed and now this new system is in place.

Would love some details on the thought process or is it just "support us, because you like us" (I mean...Patreon has perks, depending how much you give)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Are you kidding me with this?

Minimum of $5/month?

Surely you get an access to private section of the forum with only other premium members allowed for this price?
    No, no, no.. The minimum isn't 5 dollars a month. It's 5.99 a month, or 6 dollars a month. It's just too expensive honestly. Previously premium was what, 1-2 dollars a month? That's fine, but at 6 a month? Nah man, I got better things to spend that money on, especially since it doesn't offer anything the last incarnation didn't.

And the 16 dollar a month tier is just a slap in the face

Well there’s a legendary badge from 16$ a month or Epic for 10$.

By the way the minimum is 6$ for a rare badge. I think I’ll wait for the 35$ a month Diamond level.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-04-15 at 12:07 PM.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

I literally just posted about this. I didn't see this thread. I just saw my premium ran out due to all these shitty adds everywhere. I went to renew and now the cost is 5x what my sub was last year??? What gives. I think my sub last year was $12.00 and now it STARTS at $59.99?? This is absolutely ridiculous.
    Softbottom - Stormscale

Bloodsail Admiral
    This site isnt worth $5 month

Pandaren Monk
    Just use ad-block lol.

Yea I was willing to pay $10 a year, but definitely not $60. And I already use adblock, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Just use ad-block lol.
    Personally I do. But I realize that that means the sites I visit don't make money, so if there's a reasonably priced way for me to pitch in, then I'll do that.

So I pay for Youtube Premium even if I don't use any of the features, because I use the site a lot (I use Youtube for music about 10 hours a day)
    I paid for MMOC premium beforehand, because it was worth the ~1 dollar a month, no problem. It is, however, not worth 6 dollars, and it sure as fuck isn't worth 16

6-16 dollars a month for....what?!

I could pay 6 dollars a month if there was a private forum section without the burner accounts and shitposters.

I just went back to adblock. It's not worth it anymore

That's exactly the kind of thing that happens 6 months before a site closes down.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That's exactly the kind of thing that happens 6 months before a site closes down.
    My first thoughts, too. Hopefully that's not the case though!

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    My first thoughts, too. Hopefully that's not the case though!
    Hopefully it is. This site has been shit for a long time.
    Softbottom - Stormscale

Am I missing something? What does the premium package offer? When I look at the page they have set up to purchase this package it only mentions ad-free and a custom badge/title.

What is being offered that makes this worth more than an actual subscription to WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Hopefully it is. This site has been shit for a long time.
    Got to agree. It let GenOT take over the purpose of the site for the sake of foot traffic and I wouldn't be surprised if more people come here to just browse that shitposting section more than anything to do with MMOs.

Also, if anyone really didn't expect a price gouge after the first year you got to be kidding me. It is the classic move places like this make. Like when you sign up for cable its like 80 bucks for internet, TV, and a phone. Two years later its 200 bucks a month. They are betting people will just auto renew or not pay attention and get a ton of bank. The sad thing is it is for absolutely nothing. Besides what a little tag or something on your name? Was always a rip off. So it is hard to see why they wouldn't try. People were already willing to pay for nothing.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2020-04-15 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashanerz View Post
    Am I missing something? What does the premium package offer? When I look at the page they have set up to purchase this package it only mentions ad-free and a custom badge/title.

What is being offered that makes this worth more than an actual subscription to WoW?
    Nothing apparently other than a colored badge bar and no ads. What a joke. Looks like I won't be using this website anymore. Wowhead's forums are much more civil and people aren't clowns.
    Softbottom - Stormscale

Quote Originally Posted by Mashanerz View Post

You get no adds, an orange badge and the right to feel special for having an orange badge.

Now, if they'd give us infraction immunity for the highest tier I'd be interested

Bloodsail Admiral Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Speaking of Premium, am I able to buy it using a pre-paid Credit Card? I currently only have access to a Debit Card right now

I'm aware I'm on some people's Ignore Lists, don't worry lol
    'Oi Rastakhan! I be havin' Friends on De Other Side mon! Ain't dat just crazy?'

Wowhead's sub is $9 a year still. I think I will go buy their sub and use their site. Wowhead is a much better resource than here nowadays anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Speaking of Premium, am I able to buy it using a pre-paid Credit Card? I currently only have access to a Debit Card right now
    Interesting I just saw your Location. I'm from Victoria. Where are you from on the island?
    Softbottom - Stormscale