Thread: Premium prices

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Interesting I just saw your Location. I'm from Victoria. Where are you from on the island?
    Comox Valley area. There's currently a lot of stores closed around here sadly

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That's exactly the kind of thing that happens 6 months before a site closes down.
    I hope this isn't true. Even though I haven't been here for a long time I'd still be sad to see this place go

I'm a thread killer
    Everyone asks 'who's Bwonsamdi?' But no one ever asks 'HOW'S Bwonsamdi?'...

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Comox Valley area. There's currently a lot of stores closed around here sadly
    Same down here Working from home. Groceries/alcohol and best buy are the essential things open lol.
    Softbottom - Stormscale

What exactly are you paying for?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What exactly are you paying for?
    No ads on the site + a badge. As others have said, the previous pricing system was fair enough, but this new pricing is pretty outrageous for what you get.

Who owns mmoc these days?

I'm sure someone up high, the money bags guy, told them to increase the subscription.

Firefox + NoScript + AdBlock = No advertising.
    And I'm not paying anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Who owns mmoc these days?
    I'm sure someone up high, the money bags guy, told them to increase the subscription.
    To take advantage of all the home traffic I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

It was for nothing. Honestly it was just a token amount that showed you supported the site. That was about it. I can see when its like 10-12 bucks a year people being willing. I wouldn't. But others? I suppose so. Now those people that were that willing were pretty much targeted to be ripped right off. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    It was for nothing. Honestly it was just a token amount that showed you supported the site. That was about it. I can see when its like 10-12 bucks a year people being willing. I wouldn't. But others? I suppose so. Now those people that were that willing were pretty much targeted to be ripped right off. Sad.
    I used to do the same for sites I trafficked in constantly.
    But...I had the habit of getting an entitled attitude. It made me feel like an ass..and I'm sure the respective site owners weren't happy either.

The site software is simply too outdated to to warrant such a price.

In comparison to online access or services i pay 10 a month for Netflix and Spotify, with PCgamer being about 5 a month and that comes with a digital magazine.

You already saw how few signed up for the previous deal, i do wonder what was the logic behind increasing it even further. In terms of WoW information you are also competing with wowhead.com and they offer more for less.

In my opinion the business mistake of this business was putting all your eggs in the blizzard basket, while you could have used the active forum community and expanded that to other games, attracting others and slowly moving away from all things blizzard. Plenty of games died out but each hype cycle could have meant people that sticked around for the "next new thing" or simply existing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    In my opinion the business mistake of this business was putting all your eggs in the blizzard basket, while you could have used the active forum community and expanded that to other games, attracting others and slowly moving away from all things blizzard. Plenty of games died out but each hype cycle could have meant people that sticked around for the "next new thing" or simply existing games.
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Without decent moderation? No fucking way.

Fuck this site and it's intrusive ads and malware. Adblock is the best thing that will ever happen to it. Fuck paying them money for no ads. I pay for a couple of sites I use frequently but this is just rediculous.

Just my personal opinion.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    6-16 dollars a month for....what?!

I could pay 6 dollars a month if there was a private forum section without the burner accounts and shitposters.
    What would MMO-C be without them, though? They are part of the fabric that prevent the foundations of the site from crashing down and burning away.

I wouldn't mind $6 a month if it gave access to subforum with only other premium users. All three of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I wouldn't mind $6 a month if it gave access to subforum with only other premium users. All three of us.
    lol true that. Yea i won't be buying premium again. Wowhead premium is 9$ a year and a much better resource. I've allocated my money there now. This site is dogshit now.
    Softbottom - Stormscale

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    This site isnt worth $5 month
    That's fine ... lots of things are worth more to some people than others.

Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

Don't panic.

No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

- - - Updated - - -

Just get advast adblock and you won't need two plugins ontop of firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    No ads on the site + a badge.
    Well - not quite, what you are paying for either via advertising or subscription is the running of the site - which is not cheap..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Just get advast adblock and you won't need two plugins ontop of firefox.
    Or - if you don't want to pay, you could just get uBlock Origin and then you get all that but without the bloat.

Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

Don't panic.

I may be visiting this forum a lot but it isn't worth a penny. The moderation has been rather poor (no offense to the mods doing a good job), its especially bad in the Classic and gen-OT where trolls are just allowed to run around rampantly. And I've suggested to see more news of other games other than WoW which could have ended up being good for this site in order to grow, yet it stagnates by just solely doing WoW which is also in decline.

And for the price it is now you should at least give more than just being ad free and giving a fancier badge. What about allowing members to have GIF's as avatars, allow them to color their names, bigger signatures etc.

No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - not quite, what you are paying for either via advertising or subscription is the running of the site - which is not cheap..

- - - Updated - - -

Or - if you don't want to pay, you could just get uBlock Origin and then you get all that but without the bloat.
    why get uBlock Origin when I can use advast and not get tracker cookies, etc even on websites that don't have intrusive ads such as Google, Facebook, or shop.lego.com?