Thread: Premium prices

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    why get uBlock Origin when I can use advast and not get tracker cookies,
    Because you can not get tracker cookies using uBlock Origin... all built in, but without the bloat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I may be visiting this forum a lot but it isn't worth a penny.
    You are correct - it is in fact worth over US$50,000,000 ..

Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

Don't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I wouldn't mind $6 a month if it gave access to subforum with only other premium users. All three of us.
    Yes, without limits on topics to speak on and free flaming!

We could be flinging shit like the monkeys we are in ten different circumcision threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Now, if they'd give us infraction immunity for the highest tier I'd be interested
    Now that's an interesting idea...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because you can not get tracker cookies using uBlock Origin... all built in, but without the bloat

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct - it is in fact worth over US$50,000,000 ..
    "bloat" being additional features that uBlock doesn't provide for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    "bloat" being additional features that uBlock doesn't provide for free.
    uBlock Origin provides all the features for free, without the bloat... it isn't the complex a thing to figure out.

Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

Don't panic.

It's a pretty steep increase. I'm all in for things like true benefits but unfortunately I don't overly care much about my name in lights. People value things differently though so it's a free market.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes, without limits on topics to speak on and free flaming!

We could be flinging shit like the monkeys we are in ten different circumcision threads.
    I'd pay extra premium for circumcision threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well there’s a legendary badge from 16$ a month or Epic for 10$.

By the way the minimum is 6$ for a rare badge. I think I’ll wait for the 35$ a month Diamond level.
    What does that give, immunity to infractions?

If it wasn't for ad-blockers of any sort, I think this site would see a lot less traffic...and with Blizz going hot and cold, that might translate to a dead site as often then not.
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration

i was thinking of subscribing to premium now that moderation seemed to be going in the right direction but at 60$ a year. nope. not unless we get a forum where we can discuss previously banned subjects or whatever. some of those threads were quite interesting.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

So everyone that did premium will just go back to adblocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Was looking for a thread like this. I've been waiting for the Premium rework from this site so I could support it, but the pricing is insane. I gladly paid the $9/yr for Wowhead and would be interested in a similar pricing structure here, but $6/mo minimum is absolutely laughable for an ad-free experience from a website which is basically a news repository and toxic forum. It's insane to me that mmo-c thinks its premium should cost 6-16x more than Wowhead's Premium.

A sampling of the post counts of people who don't think this site is worth supporting:

Just from this thread.

Don't panic.

The Lightbringer
    Think i'll just greenlight the site in my adblocker instead. It'd be sad to see it die but I also have no problem moving to wowhead if they really want to kill the site like this trying to extort the few who care enough to chip-in from their own pocket. This isn't what you do to break-even, this is what you do to profit or cut your losses.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

A sampling of the post counts of people who don't think this site is worth supporting:

Just from this thread.
    i'm sorry we're not flush with cash. it's nice you have the spare cash to burn on a shiny badge. other people do not. poor shaming is childish and pointless.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-04-17 at 05:53 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i'm sorry we're not flush with cash.
    Not being able to support the site is fine, but people with tens of thousands of posts saying that it isn't worth supporting - that's a different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    poor shaming is childish and pointless.
    Indeed, and I would never do such a thing.

Don't panic.

Just from this thread.
    I think it is worth supporting, but it's not worth 6 dollars a month. If the "Rare" tier was at 1-2 dollars? Absolutely I'd buy it, hell I did beforehand. As soon as the old system was launched I threw my money in for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I think it is worth supporting, but it's not worth 6 dollars a month
    There is the catch 22 - if it is worth supporting, then one needs to look at how much it COSTS to run, not how much it is WORTH to run.

At $6 a month, they'd probably need 1000 people signing up.
    At $1 a month, they'd need 10,000 people signing up.

Which do you think is more likely

Don't panic.

There is the catch 22 - if it is worth supporting, then one needs to look at how much it COSTS to run, not how much it is WORTH to run.

At $6 a month, they'd probably need 1000 people signing up.
    At $1 a month, they'd need 10,000 people signing up.

Which do you think is more likely
    Neither because that's not how economics of a free service work?

What concerns me more is those people that spend 60 bucks a month for nothing that also spend time, a more valuable thing, to come and defend it.

I give criticism for free. Because I can. Why pay to do it?